[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NASA rocket launch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.png (282 KB, 771x438) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
282 KB, 771x438
Rocket launching to the ISS in 15 minutes if anyone cares.

That's 10:05-CST 11:05-EST

http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv
>>
File: 1439673338843.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1439673338843.png
1 MB, 960x720
>>68459329
mfw i recently moved to orlando and can see all the launches from my apartment balcony.
>>
>>68459934
Livestream pls

>mfw all these areas going "GO" for prelaunch
>they have permission to launch

5 minutes niggers. Get in here.
>>
Odds it explodes?
>>
fake
>>
Rockets can't go into orbit because the world is flat
>>
File: AS_8567.jpg (170 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
AS_8567.jpg
170 KB, 700x500
>>68462356

This doesn't look like a rocket going into "space"
>>
>>68462565
That's just a Photoshop by NASA to try and trick you
>>
>>68459934
Having grown up in Brevard I have always taken these launches for granted. Welcome and enjoy
>>
>>68462699
It's not photoshop, you can watch videos or watch it live

Doesn't mean that rocket is going into space
>>
>>68463453
How can we even trust NASA when they keep deceiving us like this. How are we supposed to trust them when they change how the earth looks every year
>>
>>68459329
Always beautiful to see engineering and exploration take such an awe inspiring form even when all this other stuff around the world is happening.
>>
>>68459329
Thanks OP, I'm watching

Also today I read a thing about the Challenger explosion and how the crew was alive until the crew cabin eventually hit the ocean

That must have been absolutely terrifying
>>
>>68464346

These could actually easily be explained

Just take some pics of a globe yourself, the angle of the photo and a minor difference in distance could account for the differences in perspective. The color differences could be attributed to processing

A better question is why don't we have a video of a craft leaving leo? Or why hasn't a camera ever panned away from earth during a space walk etc?
>>
>>68465137
>taking the bait
>>
Comfy AF
>>
>>68465252
It's actually pretty interesting
>>
>>68464863
Honestly, if they did survive the initial explosion, I'm betting they lost consciousness almost immediately. The G-forces the cabin must have endured were probably pretty astronomical.
>>
>>68467081
Not really, only the g force on the ascent and then free fall to the ground. The actual disintegration wouldnt have produced that much force
>>
>>68467752
>Not really, only the g force on the ascent and then free fall to the ground.
Except the centrifugal forces when it all blew apart and started spinning at incredible RPM's.

Also: this new coverage and information they're doing right now is pretty damn interesting.
>>
>>68459329
>flash player
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.