[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is college education actually worth it these days?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_2001.png (300 KB, 1500x2207) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2001.png
300 KB, 1500x2207
Is college education actually worth it these days?
>>
>>68453190
Okay, check it. If we end objectivity, doesn't that mean we have to admit or assume that eastern civilization is just as false?
>>
No. You'll have to take out loans if you're not rich enough or good enough to get major scholarships which leads to unwanted debt. You can learn all the same information from the internet or books from a library or even real world experience.
>>
>>68453190
Would you guys say Tech school is better? Which trade is /pol/ approved?
>>
File: referral-prizes-at-alarm-com.jpg (115 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
referral-prizes-at-alarm-com.jpg
115 KB, 1000x666
>>68453190

Worth it for medicine and engineering. Everything else is either worthless or you can learn it better on your own.
>>
>>68453592
Anything skilled labor is good as long as there's a market for it in your area.
>>
>>68453444
kek
>>
>>68453190
Put it this way. A high school graduate can apply for an electricians apprenticeship where they will get schooling and supplies for free while actually working. After 3 years, they can get their license, already have a job +3yrs experience, no debt, a nice savings account, and making 6 figures. You're telling me we cant do this with all occupations?
>>
>>68453190
You get out what you put in. Most people dont put anything in and get shit for brains. If you actually think and dissect whatbyoure taught youll do fine.
>>
It's worth if you want to have a STEM degree and make a shitload of money, just avoid liberal indoctrination and you'll be fine.
>>
>>68453444
No.
It's not objectivity as you understand it. We come from a basis that certain things are self-evidently good. They do not.

In their minds, the only difference between Western Civilization and Africa or the Middle East is resources, exploration and opportunity.

It's a very shallow, idiotic form of objectivity. An objectivity that they never conceive to turn against itself, and is only a means to an end in an attempt to just their egalitarian totalitarian views.
>>
>>68453190
Join the military and use the GI Bill. That's what I'm doing right now. Bernie is a faggot.
>>
>>68453190
Honestly if it's the future your dealing with.... Go into a business one of your relatives is in already, whether as a trades men or entrepreneur.

If you want to "follow your dreams", get ready for debt and bullshit for something that probably won't taste as good as you thought it would.
>>
>>68454680
>I want to go to college
>Joins military
>Loses legs
>>
>>68453190

Inb4

>Judaism intensifies
>>
>>68453190
Only in the sciences
>>
>>68455179
>get checks the rest of your life
>can drink all day with the alcoholics at veterans hall
>free weed for PTSD
>>
>>68454114
Not sure about you, but I'd rather have a surgeon go to medical school before he slices me open
>>
>>68455179
College education eh? Thatll be several pounds of flesh.
>>
>>68453190
In the big picture sure, but the majority of it is money and time wasted.
>>
>>68455473
become a loser, no thanks
>>
>>68455092
What if I honestly don't care of the future? I want to be a musician, not so much for the fame amd pussy (though the later would be nice), but because I genuinely like performing.
>>
>>68453190
Any female lead education is useless or harmful.
>>
>>68454114

Theory vs. hands on experience.
>>
File: how science works.jpg (130 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
how science works.jpg
130 KB, 800x572
>>68455454
Yeah, right.
>>
>>68456961
>being this retarded
>>
>>68454564

The ass of the slave is so wet and smooth and wide open because in their unexamined lives there is nothing that will shake their Platonic view. You can fuck them in their morals, and fuck them in their traditions, and fuck them in their racism, and fuck them in their nationalism, and fuck them in their obedience to authority, and fuck them in their religion ...

They are the most delicious things to fuck because they spend their entire lives fucking themselves.
And the only thing you have to pay them in return is to calm their fears of things that you only have to point out but don't actually have to defend against, like terrorism or fear of the other.
Long live followship!
>>
>>68456928
Its both. Can you guys even read? You go to classes on the weekend. This all goes on while you work.
>>
>>68453730
Goodluck getting anywhere in a CS field without having studied it.

A lot of higher functions require academic rigour that university attempts to teach.

I don't like university much myself because over here it is like paying for extra stress. Don't study an undergrad in Netherlands their programs are generally a lot harder than other countries I've studied but it is valued just the same.

>>68456188
Isn't everyone a big loser compared to the 0.01% of incomes? Nothing makes one a loser or a winner, eventually there is nothing to win at all.
>>
>>68453190
Only stem
Everything else is a waste of time and money
>>
>>68456961
> that image

The problem with science is that only very few individuals even bother to check if something is right or not. There are so many fucking citations to go through to see if everything is objective and it is very hard to find flaws. There are profs who have continously made up results from the tests they have done in social sciences and because its a social science they usually get away with it hence why they've become so crap over the years. People are doing research and then making up results and make the research look presentable.

It's not just about plainly making up results, often they did perform the research but on a much smaller sample size. Now why would they do that? They can keep money themselves.

Also goodluck trying to get funding for a research that has already been done if you think there is suspicious stuff going on. You won't. And very little bother in social sciences. Some history research contains topics that literally 10 people in the world are even interested in. Nobody is going to fact check or thoroughly review that shit.
>>
>>68456592
Then do it. But know that you'll have to keep that state of mind for the next 50 plus years, and no one is going to bail you out, and success means swallowing failure whole.
>>
>>68457912
No its not, often HR departments want you to have a proof that you're a real smart one :)

Seriously there is so much wrong at the moment in social sciences that the only attributes the students have that study these subjects is an above average intellect. And seeing how social sciences get dumbed down continously you can even put question marks to that.

Examination that involves learning 300 pages, doing an exam and then NEVER look at it again is just useless waste of time. You need assignments to really grasp the concept so you apply them. And then you realize that all that theory is a bunch of crap and useless in the real world.
>>
>>68458533
Work is shit regardless what you do. When I thought ''hey I spend a lot of time on computers and games I might as well study it'' I wasn't aware of the crap that entailed the study. Looking back I would've done an internship that I could get through my dad at his bank, I ended up working as financial analyst anyway.

I'm very happy that I don't have to endure that kind of stress that I had from studying again.
>>
Critical theory can be used to debunk cuck ideology as well. We should turn it against them.
>>
>>68458533
Thanks, canada bro. And I'll check your dubs
>>
>>68459145
See >>68458154

Goodluck tracing back their shitty sources, I guess about 60 are average and usually papers as well that are hard to obtain and then you have to debunk that as well etc.

The research itself can be bashed but if it was conducted properly you can't really check for made up results unless you conduct your own research and for that you need a phd + funding.

So yeah goodluck :)
>>
>>68453592
I'm going into heating and air conditioning myself. Get 24 months work experience as an entry level helper, then you can do a paid apprenticeship (typically union) and learn the neccesaery skills to get state licensed without going into debt and pick up a check while you're doing it.
>>
>>68453190
>picture

I'd believe that's just mockaganda, but they are so fucking deluded and believe their ideas are the absolute maximum that I'd think they actually sell themselves to other deluded people like tha.t
>>
>>68459145
>>68459454
I would say you can debunk it in conversation, but get ready for the "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" and "YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MALE."
>>
>>68459145
No, it can't, unfortunately. Political correctness is a defensive rhetoric, like when you respond to "I oppose raising the minimum wage" with "YOU HATE THE POOR!" like that faggot who started the minimum wage thread a few hours ago. Critical theory is the offensive form of political correctness. It exists to chip away at the traditional white male. Political correctness will use the dispossessed to shield themselves from facts, and critical theory will be used to destroy the edifice of western culture, prosperity, and livelihood.
>>
>>68458553
I work as an elderly case manager. Pay is shit but it's easy mode. With that said, some social sciences are pretty interesting like history and geography.
>>
>>68453190
With trade schools and cc that can get you on your career with a fraction pf the cost pf state you can bit its npt for everyone
>>
>>68453190
>end objectivity
>end religion

Someone who's an objectivist openly rejects religion, faggot. Everything else is T O P.
>>
>>68453190
No
>>
>>68459831
No more or less get ready for a list of research that has been done which show oppression in academic circles. The dumber liberals are the ''are you kidding me'' types. But the one's doing research just quote other (flawed) research to back their claims. Which has led to social sciences getting worse and worse to the point some social sciences are questionable.

Not everything that belongs to social science is garbage but if it has almost no connection with technology it is likely a worthless degree.
>>
>>68453190
Monetarily?

Yes even with the astounding debt required to get college education in the USA it still provides a very good return in the long run

also it shouldn't be assumed that the only purpose in life is to gather wealth. A higher education can provide fulfillment in many other ways besides the gain of capital.
>>
>>68461328
Historical research is not that much fun because likely you're researching something that nobody cares about. I already said before it is very hard to get funding for anything that already has been researched. And every interesting history topic already had a lot of research put into it.

So what is happening now a lot of research gets done into stuff that nobody cares about rather than in something interesting.

Academic careers are stressful and not worth it imo. There are far easier jobs that pay the same or even less but you also do three times less, along with being less stressful.
>>
>>68453190

Depends if you're just all in it for money or not. For how much money you invest in learning a trade you get a lot back in return. People forget about things like prevailing wage which drastically increase your earnings. My normal wage as a painter is $29.18/hr which is great money for the more rural, cheap housing/cost of living area that I live in. To make it even better, half of my 40 hour work week is usually prevailing wage in upwards of $51/hr. That's not even counting DB/prevailing wage overtime basically whenever I want it.

It's up to you if you can do a job like this that you're not really passionate about. I totally understand and support people going to college for a field of their dreams, just make sure you're okay with whatever realistic outcome.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.