[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is inherently wrong with racism and xenophobia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1445212389620.jpg (525 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445212389620.jpg
525 KB, 1280x720
What is inherently wrong with racism and xenophobia?
>>
>>68426050
then you cannot enrich jamal's gf
>>
>>68426050
Who is saying it's wrong?

With rare exception, it seems to work out pretty well in the rest of the animal kingdom.
>>
>>68426050
The more important questions is why do muslims want to come to our lands and why do they think they are entitled to do so?
>>
>>68426050
Lesser races lose out and weaklings see this as some sort of injustice.
They identify with them because they've been losers all their lives
>>
Feelins
>>
>>68426050
That you don't give potentially good people a chance.

Everyone should be judged as an individual, however immigration should include assimilation, not segregation upon arrival.
>>
the internet
>>
File: 1442746122279.gif (2 MB, 300x376) Image search: [Google]
1442746122279.gif
2 MB, 300x376
>>68426540
I can respect people as individuals, but from certain groups they're few and far between.
>>
Hypocrisy is usually frowned upon. For more educated people, especially as they grow more secular in their beliefs, there's increasingly little evidence to claim racial, national, cultural, etc. superiority.
In the fullness of time we are all dead already and none of our petty struggles mattered.
>>
Xenophobia is irrational by definition. It's mostly a misnomer though.
>>
>>68426866
I guess your European ancestors thought the same. "Well after I die nothing is gonna matter". They fought and died so you could be comfortably shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>68426050
Racism is about groups, not individuals. It's an oversimplification. Racism and other prejudices work fine when dealing with groups of people, but individual to individual, these generalizations are less useful.
>>
>>68426050
It is prone to increased hatred and conflict between groups. Which happened in Europe in ww1 and 2 and lead to its demise. The anti-nationalism originally steam from wish to stop inter - European conflict.

But as we see now, lack of it is causing selfdestruction. So racism and xenophobia are double edged sword, it can be good or destructive.
>>
People don't want to feel inferior.
>>
File: 23.jpg (68 KB, 627x600) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
68 KB, 627x600
>>68426050
>mfw no such thing as xenophobia and only looking outside you fucking window
>>
>>68428065
You are proving my point for me.
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3925826/#!po=7.89474

>In 2005, Kosfeld et al. published their now seminal paper showing that intranasal oxytocin (OXT) administration increased interpersonal trust. This finding spawned broad interest into the effects of OXT on social and emotional behavior in humans and its implications for translational medicine. Over the years OXT has gained the reputation of facilitating empathy and affiliation, based on early findings reporting beneficial effects of OXT on trust, social support, and processing social information. This view is supported by studies showing that OXT improves cognitive empathic abilities such as mindreading and recognizing positive emotional expressions. As a result of these positive effects on social behavior, there has been considerable speculation about OXT’s therapeutic potential in people with social and emotional disabilities.

>This prosocial view of OXT has been challenged by findings showing that the effects of OXT are strongly context-dependent.

>For example, OXT has also been shown to increase…defensiveness toward out-group members and increased in-group conformity.

>Although this ethnocentrism might be considered prosocial within one’s own group defensiveness toward an out-group is not, and extreme ethnocentrism often leads to nationalism or even racism.

>Furthermore, ethnocentrism occurs naturally in the normal population: under normal circumstances people tend to favor their own group over out-group members. Thus, interaction with in-group members is generally considered more rewarding. Also, a negative interaction with out-group members may constitute a form of negative feedback compared to positive interaction with in-group members. Our model predicts that administration of OXT would increase these differences. It strengthens the rewarding type of interaction and reinforces the effect of negative feedback. In this context, OXT indeed promotes ethnocentrism.
>>
>>68426050
it hurts people's fewlings you meanie
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.