[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does this shit make you feel /pol/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
how does this shit make you feel /pol/ ?
>>
Dude who needs electricity aye, just hang out outside. Weed lmao
>>
>>68425002
Like it's stupid as fuck to put our money in solar when Thorium is literally right here, right now and fusion is a lock within the century.
>>
As long as i have internet and food the world could burn
>>
>>68425002
THORIUM NUCLEAR PLANTS
FUCKING JEWS
>>
Is he implying solar cells grow on trees?
>>
>>68425002
Nuclear energy is mostly clean and safe, especially when we get Thorium working. Also, solar energy isn't "free". The process of manufacturing solar panels creates waste in amounts comparable to pollution from coalburning.
>>
>>68425002
I mean it's just common sense that fossil fuel is more efficient than .00001% of sunlight from millions of miles away, but he's just trying to make people's emotions stir. Not that I don't support alt energy such as nuclear
>>
>>68425831
>The process of manufacturing solar panels creates waste in amounts comparable to pollution from coalburning.
And recycling them uses half of the energy it will ever produce.
>>
>>68425002
They have a point. Mass production of solar panels would bring down their cost enough to make it a very economical source of energy, but no one can be bothered to coordinate movement that large with so much financial risk because at the end of the day, shareholders only care about one type of 'green' and it ain't the environment.
>>
>>68425002
As long as we have a society long enough to reach that technological level
>>
>>68425002
Like the author has no idea how little energy is carried in the average beam of light.
>>
>>68425831
>The process of manufacturing solar panels creates waste in amounts comparable to pollution from coalburning.

I dunno about that
>analysis finds that even accounting for all the energy and waste involved, PV power would cut air pollution—including the greenhouse gases that cause climate change—by nearly 90 percent if it replaced fossil fuels.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/solar-cells-prove-cleaner-way-to-produce-power/
>>
>>68425002
Yeah, why not take all the free electricity that falls from the sky at night hours, when you need it most... idiot
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>68426082
These are these are both memes, fuck off
>>
>>68426541
That's not what anon is saying. Solar panel manufacture pollutes the world in a different way than greenhouse gasses. Just like making computers and phones etc, that kind of manufacturing is going to damage the environment.
>>
>>68425002
annoyed at the emotive stupidity

these people never look into the pollution caused by mining the materials for wind and solar

also, what are they going to do at nihgt?

solar is 257x more expensive than oil
>>
>>68427749
What are you refering to exactly... not this I think:
>Even though thin-film solar PVs employ heavy metals such as cadmium recovered from mining slimes, the overall toxic emissions are "90 to 300 times lower than those from coal power plants
>>
>>68425002
Like its a retarded oversimplification of our populations energy needs.

BUT DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>68428176
Yes I am referring to precisely that. It's just kicking the can down the road. Even a 300x reduction still means we will be fucked at [current point of no return] x 300.

We need a final solution to the energy problem and I doubt we are going to get Star Trek antimatter shit any time soon.
>>
>>68425831
less single mothers too
>>
>>68428542
so if we we able to improve nuclear we would conceivably reduce emissions more-so and get it to levels that would actually power our cities?
>>
>>68425002
life doesnt make any sense
just kill someone if you want to kill him
you are going to help him at the end
>>
>>68427027

Batteries? Idk im not a scientist
>>
I mostly agree, its great how far solar power is come and now that it is in line with the cost of coal and oil its use will explode.

Middle east will be poorer than africa once their oil loses most of its value.
>>
>>68425002

>against land clearing
>wants 100% solar power
>>
>>68425002

We could reduce the population. Why is this not ever an option? Oh yeah, infinite growth economics...
>>
>>68429791
>Idk im not a scientist
nope... you're definitely not.

Storage is a major issue with solar currently. The best they have right now involves compressed air... not so good.
>>
>>68425468
I think you just described the exact reason it's taking Europe so long to wake up.
>>
>>68430041
It's not an option because the sandniggers will breed us out of existence, you moron.
>>
>>68426131
Do you know how much fossil fuel and metal, processed silicon, water and energy in general is used to make solar panels? Jevons paradox. They have niche applications.

There is mass cognitive dissonance in the first world, to maintain standards of living a lot of fossil fuels must burn. Period! You are literally living in a dream world and energy ignorance if you look at alternatives to fossil fuels as anything more than a very small supplement to a very large machine. Should they be used in an attempt to outright replace classic fossil fuel use there will be a very large depopulation of humans on the planet in parallel with that effort, which may even be the plan by the powers that be. Hopefully it is just energy ignorance.

Solar is great, it's how we grow our food, supplemented by a fossil fuel based growth, transpiration and delivery system. This is as good as solar gets, Chinese sand panels are pretty lame in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>68430375
I wonder if we could start a big war with them or something? Too bad they're so peaceful...
>>
>>68425002
>implying solar is anywhere near as efficient as oil
>>
>>68425002
the only way out is innovation.
>>
>>68425002
New sunlight isn't as dank as 200m year old sunlight. It has to age to perfection first.
>>
>>68425002

They say "we" frack our own backyards, but where were all the FB and Twitter fucks who make these thoughtless low effort, but clever meme pics when their states and cities were voting to allow fracking in their backyard?

oh that's right, they only vote in presidential elections like that has anything to do with your backyard. wait, they don't even vote in presidential elections.

well what the fuck.
>>
>>68425002
Because the global elite don't want to lose their massive oil profits and for some reason /pol/ is okay with shilling for those jews since solar energy is tagged with the "save the environment" meme.

There is no reason why we should be continuing to rely on fossil fuels. We've progressed in science far enough to take the next leap forward.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.