[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Universe create most people to be theists? Check-mate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: galaxy_universe-normal.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
galaxy_universe-normal.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
Why did the Universe create most people to be theists? Check-mate atheists.
>>
File: mic drop.gif (496 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
mic drop.gif
496 KB, 500x282
Because the universe wasn't intelligently designed.
>>
>>68353614
I AM THE ONE
DONT NEED A GUN
>>
>>68353614

Why does it have so much order then?
>>
>>68354232
It doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKKg4lZ_o-Y
>>
>>68354232
ORDER? The whole fucking reality is literally in a perpetual state of chaos.
>>
Besides the natural creation why did the universe create amazing things like spaceships and the large hadron collider if there is no God?
>>
Actually, the reason there are so many theists is because you guys have a long history of killing, torturing, and just plain converting atheists.
>>
>>68355051

Doesn't it seem weird to you just the fact that the universe created incredible inventions like the Internet, Television mobile phones etc..
>>
>>68356014
Not weird but amazing. Also can our eyes ever be real if mirrors are never real?
>>
The universe create basically everyone to fulfill a role in a plethora of jobs, people individually skilled for their profession etc.
>>
>2016
>still not realizing you are god pretending not to be
Its 2016, come on guys
>>
>>68354704

I doesn't lol.

Biology/EE here.

What degree course did you take - gender studies?

Are you aware of what would constitute good design. I would imagine you couldn't spot it if it ran you over and backed up to hit you again.
>>
>>68356857

Too amazing.

What do you mean? Yes I can look at people and they have eyes. How are they not real?
>>
>>68357146

It's a joke about will smith's kid, and a double joke at people that are to daft to accept what's real, and what's not. AKA double-entendre.
>>
>>68357020

this

Read 'The Universe is a dream'
>>
why did the universe create a brain that doesnt understand the universe?
>>
>>68357353

The universe isn't a power unto itself you cosmic moron. Can you name a single thing the universe has made that is sentient and reproduce it in a lab environment?
>>
>>68353296
LMAO

This is actually check-mate

We evolve to be religious, animals are not religious THEREFORE religion have a function.

What function?
Well atheists have 0.7 LESS children than Christians.
So right there religion increases birth of people with religion.

Like I said, Check-mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB_ZM3T1Tvg
>>
>>68357353

Because it would make life boring. Life was made for us to take a long path to discover everything. If that is even ever possible.
>>
>>68353296
That's like asking why did the universe cfeate itself.
Something cannot come from nothing. Diests understand this, that the first principle mover (big bang) is God. We see God as One of constant creation, though. Eternity, by definition, has no beginning or end, it just is. This the God we believe in, I Am. And all things, past, present and future, at once, simply are to Him. It ks a mystery to ponder, not to solve, and sciencd does not measure the metaphysical.
>>
File: aidsskrillex.png (1 MB, 1516x908) Image search: [Google]
aidsskrillex.png
1 MB, 1516x908
>>68357559

>We evolve to be religious.....

Ok smart ass.

-What wrote that evolution bit into the initial DNA.

-What wrote the initial DNA code for assembling, compiling, coupling, and then for final production.

Please prove to me that something that is completely inert has the capacity for coding.

Listening to atheist is like listening to the #notallmuslims. You guys are so biased you cannot even recognize the self-contradictions in just having your stance.

#Wishiwas13again.

Captcha = pick all pictures with tricycles
>>
>>68357559

Very Interesting. Thanks.
>>
>>68357497
Humans
>>
File: 1457660894069.jpg (6 KB, 168x190) Image search: [Google]
1457660894069.jpg
6 KB, 168x190
>>68358457

So we can reproduce a human from bottom up in a lab without producing a fertilized egg first from pre-existing humans?

Have you taken the time to put down the crack pipe yet there champ?

Is this what passes for debate on the apeunderground?
>>
>>68358211
Is this bait or are you actually retard
>>
>>68358688
Moving the goal posts

You said name one thing the universe created that can be recreated in a lab and is sentient.
>>
>>68358747

Yeah, didn't think so darkie. Better stick to your ghetto rhymes over loops of white people playing instruments.
>>
>>68358891

>You said name one thing the universe created that can be recreated in a lab and is sentient.

Humans can't be made in a lab you blundering fool of a man. Can we edit a couple genes to make the hair a different color sure. That's like asking if we have a crowd of 100 bilion people to have them wear a different pair of shorts.

#atheismlogic

We cannot even make a virus which doesn't even require a nucleus and from all technical standpoints should be the easiest.

Either you're trolling or you're one of those Dunning-Krueger' folks?
>>
>>68358211

The law of cause and effect means everything was determined from the beginning there is no free will. http://breakingthefreewillillusion.com/

And this is what the universe created. People who are mostly theists.
>>
File: 1442589838616.jpg (91 KB, 534x604) Image search: [Google]
1442589838616.jpg
91 KB, 534x604
>>68359350

>The law of cause and effect means everything was determined from the beginning there is no free will.

Tell me how does energy and rocks enforce these "laws". I know you're austrian but did someone replace your brain with a baked patato. You're putting the cart a mile before the horse.

>And this is what the universe created.

So just out of curiosity are you one of those world-is-flat rock-ribbed types that still argue the universe is self-creating and infinite like the good ol 17th century atheists?

Also are you assuming this is all just a simulation and were living in it's real time?

IF that's the case did the simulation just create itself? Can you name anything else in this universe that has the ability for self-creation.

How much $$$ would you say you spend on meth and gay hookers a week?
>>
>>68358211
I agree with the point you are trying to make, but you are not doing a good job at making it. Also, If you studied biology you wouldn't ask the question "What wrote that evolution bit into the initial DNA." That question does not make sense as evolution is essentially just differential reproduction, there is no DNA required in principle.

I would suggest doing a bit more research before posting on the subject, otherwise you come off looking very hostile with little to back it up.
>>
>>68359819

>That question does not make sense as evolution is essentially just differential reproduction, there is no DNA required in principle.

Ok then name a single living organism with a different language then DNA. Dawkins debated this very topic with craig venter. You're like 20 years behind current theory, and ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXrYhINutuI

I'm only hostile because it's fun. It's like debating 12 year old's who just took their first high school level biology course. Evolution is real. (How do you know!) BITCH NIGGA TEACHR NEV WRONG.

I could care less about how I look, the only thing I care about is truth.
>>
>>68353296

ironically, i would argue evolution made most people theists
>>
>>68356014
the universe only provided the tools needed to create the internet, television, and phones.
>>
>>68360334

As someone who grew up in a house that was atheist I can confirm this. My parents are both sub-100 IQ drug addicts that think they are know-it-alls. What are the odds they couldn't finish high school but both of them are absolutely sure about how life started.
>>
>>68360141
When I said "in principle" I meant that evolutionary processes are not necessarily exclusive to biological organisms. An evolutionary process is one that is dependent upon differential success or failure contingent upon gradual adaptation.

I only object to your tone because in being hostile you tend to give people who share your opinion a bad name. I still think you could go about this better, but that is just my two cents.
>>
>>68360546

The universe is deterministic everything is part of it's creation.
>>
I would like there to be a heaven. For a heaven to exist, there would probably have to be a God. However, there is just no evidence that either exist so I am an atheist.
>>
>>68360141
by the choice of words you're the one looking like a 12 year-old.
>>
>>68360141
Nigga chill you look retarded
>>
>>68360141

interesting thanks

was the sound the wrath of god on dawkins
>>
>Implying that we are not just in the big play of my life and you are not just stage actors making it a little bit more interesant
>>
>>68360839

not what i meant at all, there are plenty of completely moronic atheists and theists alike

what i meant was that i think we can all agree that religion/spirituality fosters community and brings groups of individuals together, which enhances their ability to survive. yes religion has also caused war/death/suffering but communities themselves tend to have a spiritual element that binds them together. so people who are more likely to be spiritual/religious assimilated better into social groups and therefore were more likely to survive. i'm sure it is hard to say how much of it is learned vs. predisposed genetically though.

that being said, thousands of years later i think it is clear that communities can be built on values/beliefs OTHER than religion (e.g. science) but the underlying concept of community is still the same in both scenarios
>>
>>68361076

>When I said "in principle" I meant that evolutionary processes are not necessarily exclusive to biological organisms.

And what does this have to do with the price of tea in china.

>An evolutionary process is one that is dependent upon differential success or failure contingent upon gradual adaptation.

Cart before the horse, and once again "price of tea in china".

>I only object to your tone because in being hostile you tend to give people who share your opinion a bad name.

What people are you artificially bunching me with to distance yourself from your losing argument. Also let's keep the sophistry to a minimum since this isn't a biology forum.

>I still think you could go about this better, but that is just my two cents.

I probably could but one thing I learned in being an atheist most of my life is that people always listen to the loudest voice.

My freshman biology teacher would tell each class as they learned evolution that "Your real family is apes and there is no god". Amazingly enough as the crying from 1/2 the class subsided most of them excepted it.

Wanna guess why? Did it have anything to do with proof or candor? In your world you might care about show over substance but not me friend. One day I will have to answer for all my lies, not my bombastic behavior. Just a thought.

Cactus High School Phoenix,AZ is where I attended. I would be willing to bet the same teacher is there doing the same thing.
>>
>>68354232
The universe literally only exists because of chaos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baryon_asymmetry
>>
>>68361748
stop crying faggot
>>
>>68361776
>The universe literally only exists because of chaos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine-tuned_Universe
>>
>>68361748
>>68360141
>>68358211

you're a fucking retard and the other guy is making you look like a dipshit

just stop talking
>>
>>68362394

You realize I only look like a dipshit to you because you're literally unable to compute the facts into a coherent position to understand what I'm actually saying.

With that being said It's possible I'm retarded. But if that's the case that would make you even less than a retard since you cannot even understand me.

Realize that also all I'm stating is what's known, what can be known, and what we can reproduce. Nothing I have said relies completely on theory like *cough* evolution.

And I will say for the fact I don't deny evolution in the sense of a changing species. I deny the origin of life theory.

I would accept simulation, or god.
>>
>>68362348

But my angry ass teacher who absolutely hates his life said it's so anon. Why can you not accept it? Haven't you ever taken a shit and produced a work of modern art? Choas produces perfection everywhere anon!
>>
>>68363155

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
>>
>>68362394

hur dur that guy . look what a tard you are needing other anons
>>
>>68363407

On a level of School shooting to mad - where are you? Already email ISIS about your seething hatred for your own traditions, and family?

The only thing more distressing to me than the level of misinformation passed off as an education is the level in which it's done. Evolution is literally the one portion of science that is a religion and it's followers the most devout.

I could walk into any church and for the most part debate a preacher under the table and still be welcomed. Ask your biology teach to reproduce Urey/Miller and expect to be expelled permanently. IF you don't believe me try it.
>>
>>68363407

Hhur dur i can link wiki pages . go shit your pants son because you are probably under age
>>
>>68362348
>amount of planets in the observable universe estimated to be 10^24
>we only know of one that has advanced lifeforms
Sounds more like incredible luck for life to exist rather than some fine-tuning.

Besides, for all we know, there could be other universes existing outside of ours meaning that ours could have "evolved" to have the right conditions for life to exist.
>>
>>68363811
Pretty much this. If we lived in one of the universes where the weak nuclear, strong nuclear or gravitational forces were different, we wouldn't be around
>>
>>68353296
Why does atheism bring degeneracy?
Christians: 9001
Atheists: -3
>>
>>68363811

>Sounds more like incredible luck for life to exist rather than some fine-tuning.

Incredible luck for life to exist = argument against fine tuning. Wew lad. lol

I'm going to have to guess you're going to use literally that same argument that there are aliens out there completely ignoring the way in which they would of came into being in the first place.

>Besides, for all we know, there could be other universes existing outside of ours meaning that ours could have "evolved" to have the right conditions for life to exist.

Uh oh argument's sinking like the titanic time to break the glass on the theory that could never be proved the MULTIVERSE!!!!!

Tell me if you believe in science why are you spewing science-fiction? You realize the multiverse is actually harder to detect than a god since we have absolutely no way to detect anything outside of the universe?

Why is it atheist are so easily drawn to aliens and science fiction? Not meant as a jab, but just seems so incredibly ironic.

-Aliens = not real.
-Multiverse = not real, not even a real theory just pure imagination.

So why give them weight?
>>
>>68356014
Pretty dumb argument desu
>>
File: VslTIXR.jpg (307 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
VslTIXR.jpg
307 KB, 1200x900
>>68353296
It helps us survive as a species and propagate our DNA.

Tribes that were religious or had a strong religious tradition eventually won out over atheistic/agnostic tribes.

It was useful to believe in an afterlife.

It allows the tribe to fight and defeat enemies with less regard for ones own life.

It promotes stability and law by making people think they are always being watched and judged.

It encourages empathy by convincing people that they are all brothers in Jesus Christ (or insert religion here) and strengthening a bond that is usually reserved for family and friends.

None of that means its true though. Just because it has been useful doesn't mean the skygod is there.

Peoples brain structure/development is partially controlled by genes and therefore evolution might have caused our brains to be more tuned to believe in a god.
>>
>be me
>be religious
>enter this thread
>a bunch of retards making retarded arguments for religion
>>
>>68364970

So let me get this right.

DNA at some point while in the stage of a bacterium decided that in a billion years as a human it might need religion so it designed it then and there.

You might not realize this but all the DNA that will ever be, and ever was -was there in the beginning if evolution were true. So essentially you're telling me that bacteria has more foresight and intelligence than humans.

Interesting.

So how do you think it will take humans to make something as good as DNA for a language of design? 100+ or more years?

Interesting that we live in a reality where inert objects brought to life by lighting has more creative potential than 7 billion sentient humans.
>>
>>68365423

Evolution isn't guided dumbass, it's reactive.
>>
File: 538[1].jpg (95 KB, 421x834) Image search: [Google]
538[1].jpg
95 KB, 421x834
>>68365423
That is nothing at all of what he said, and shows your complete misunderstanding of evolution. Read a book you cousin-fucking nigger.
>>
>>68366578

You know guided and reactive aren't mutually inclusive right?

>>68366762

Ok, since you're a wise man please break down the portion I have misrepresented, and explain to me what specifically I said was wrong.

>Read a book

notanargument.gif
>>
>>68367798
Hell, if you want to say God was guiding evolution like the Catholics do, go ahead, but all the evidence points to aimless changes modulated by the ability of the organism to survive and prosper in the environment.

Also, evolution and abiogenesis aren't mutually inclusive.
>>
>>68357559

Please watch this people.

Modernity/secular humanism replaces Christianity with the virus fashions which are self-centred, anti-community and anti-reproduction, such as homosexuality, feminism, multiculturalism and climate change, which leaves a vacuum to be filled by the regressive religion of Islam. The warning of the apocalypse in the Bible was put there for another sign of the veracity of Christianity so that Christians would be the one's who prepare for the collapse of society and take part in rebuilding society based on Christian principles.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.