[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the church against drug use, specifically moderate drug use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 480x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 480x576
Why is the church against drug use, specifically moderate drug use?
>>
Opiate of the masses
also religions always like to think they're better than everyone
>>
>>68316311
They hate competition.
Jesus is supposed to be the one that takes away your pain and worries.
>>
>>68316311
Christian here
there's nothing wrong with drug use itself
it's just that drugs can fuck some people up if they're not careful so a lot of us are just indoctrinated to think they're bad
the ones who buy that lie are probably the same ones who wouldn't have used them responsibly anyway
>>
>>68316394

Drugs may sedate you and calm you in the short term but in the long term they only serve to hurt you and degrade your soul. The thing about sin is the more you participate in it the more numb to it you become. It's a slippery slope.
>>
File: 1457646357380.jpg (30 KB, 232x345) Image search: [Google]
1457646357380.jpg
30 KB, 232x345
>>68316311
>people don't consult the Catechism despite it having most all the answers and having additional study guides to get give more comprehensive lessons.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm

The section, 'Respect for Health':

2288 Life and physical health are precious gifts entrusted to us by God. We must take reasonable care of them, taking into account the needs of others and the common good.

Concern for the health of its citizens requires that society help in the attainment of living-conditions that allow them to grow and reach maturity: food and clothing, housing, health care, basic education, employment, and social assistance.

2289 If morality requires respect for the life of the body, it does not make it an absolute value. It rejects a neo-pagan notion that tends to promote the cult of the body, to sacrifice everything for it's sake, to idolize physical perfection and success at sports. By its selective preference of the strong over the weak, such a conception can lead to the perversion of human relationships.

2290 The virtue of temperance disposes us to avoid every kind of excess: the abuse of food, alcohol, tobacco, or medicine. Those incur grave guilt who, by drunkenness or a love of speed, endanger their own and others' safety on the road, at sea, or in the air.

2291 The use of drugs inflicts very grave damage on human health and life. Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense. Clandestine production of and trafficking in drugs are scandalous practices. They constitute direct co-operation in evil, since they encourage people to practices gravely contrary to the moral law.
>>
>>68316673
>drug use
>sin
wew lad
where'd you here that from bud?
>>
>>68316311
Which church exactly? Catholic here, we drink wine during mass and put hash into incense, so...
>>
>>68316782

The link goes into plenty more too, if people are having additional questions.

I'm out.
>>
>>68316673
That's a very Buddhist philosophy for you to adopt
>>
>>68316311
Most drugs actually are degeneracy.

On the other hand, the church just wants a monopoly on comfort.
>>
>>68317081
Hitler had a monopoly on comfort, seems like
>>
>>68316845
Most denominations are basically against any drug use besides alcohol, and there's still plenty of them that claim they're against that too, especially in excess.
I imagine it at least partly has to do with it being illegal, going against earthly authority etc.
I'm just wondering why even occasionally smoking weed or every so often doing something like mushrooms or lsd is considered a sin when, in my opinion, it can expand your view of the world we live in and give you a deeper appreciation for it. Basically what I'm saying is, certain drugs could, from a Christian point of view, fill you with reverence towards God and his creation and I see no reason to lump them all into the category of "this is bad in itself."

Of course I do think there are drugs that are basically bad and serve no purpose outside of seeking temporary physical pleasure, so I understand being against those.
>>
Church is fucking stupid.

Masturbation is evil but murdering people in cold blood is God's will.
>>
Because they are feeble lambs of god

>tfw Satanist
>tfw all the drugs and whores I want
Feels devlishly good man
>>
File: facts.jpg (101 KB, 478x447) Image search: [Google]
facts.jpg
101 KB, 478x447
I converted to Rastafarianism three years ago and it's the best thing that ever happened to me, I highly recommend it.
>>
>muh family
>>
>>68318065
>Basically what I'm saying is, certain drugs could, from a Christian point of view, fill you with reverence towards God

I know what you're saying, but the main thing that separates the Abrahamic faiths from the majority of the other faiths is sobriety of thought.

As an aside, however, as a Catholic I personally don't understand the injunction against marijuana as I find that it's less destructive than alcohol in many areas.
>>
>>68316311
BECAUSE OF THE MANIPULATION OF SOUL
OF UNSEEN FORCES OR BY THE MINDS OF EVIL MEN ENTITIES OR BEINGS, DUMBASS
>>
>>68318288
>grows brain cells
God I hope this bait but knowing dudeweedlmaofags I can't be too certain.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.