[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does King of the hill portray an accurate depiction of the average
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1191x670
Does King of the hill portray an accurate depiction of the average Texan?
>>
Anyone else found the show boring and lame as a kid but as you grew up you found it more entertaining?
>>
>>68306158
I never really liked it until the last season aired, but even now it's a mediocre show
>>
>>68306158
Absolutely. Most of the characters on that show won't be humorous to kids, only adults. Example: Peggy
>>
>>68306158
Yeah me too, when I watched it as an adult, I appreciated the sweetness within the show of how it portrays the fading traditional America.
>>
>>68306158

Yeah. I thought it was sort of funny whenever I was a kid, but now I think it's one of the most genius shows of our time.

Rip Brittany Murphy.
>>
File: 1437879238486.jpg (122 KB, 631x576) Image search: [Google]
1437879238486.jpg
122 KB, 631x576
>>68306158
absolutely

I'll tell ya hwat
>>
>>68306158
This. Texan here. Reminds me of dad and his friends/10
>>
File: bobby pd.jpg (69 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
bobby pd.jpg
69 KB, 2048x1536
I live in rural central Fl but it could have just as easily been my life they portrayed. I think if you lived in the south and came from a good hard working family you can identify with it. I always considered myself not a redneck but a "country" person. I don't think education is a bad thing. My fav show
>>
>>68306158
Yeah. You don't really get the darker humor or the simple things as a kid. It has really great moments because they're all relatable.
>>
I always thought Boomhauer was definitely Louisianian - sadly the way Boomhauer talks isn't that uncommon here. Can anyone confirm if Boomhauer was actually from Louisiana? I guess it can be the same way in Texas, just haven't seen it myself.
>>
Texas is pretty diverse. Panhandle is boring cotton farmers. Lubbock is a college town. It's less liberal than Austin and has conservatives. Amarillo is flat and boring.

West Texas is illegal Mexicans working to send money to their family back in Mexico and white people with nothing to do but get drunk or high and waste money on guns and trucks.

East Texas is trailer park whites and less intelligent blacks trying to live together. Then there's the rich suburbs for all the people who drive 45 minutes to an hour and a half to work in Arlington and Dallas.

South Texas is Mexican Americans trying to live with illegal Mexicans even though they don't actually have anything in common other than skin color. Even their Spanish is different.

Then theirs Austin which is where Texas liberals move to. Then There's Houston which is where Asians immigrate to for that sweet Texas economy.

Anything border is Wild West.

That's a bit of a simplification but it's fair when you realize each city even the smallest ones are spaced out more than 2 hours apart in driving distance.
>>
>>68307265
I've heard of this too. Its quite common to have people from Louisiana move down to Texas. His grandmother talks exactly like him BTW.
>>
>>68307269
As someone who has lived their entire life in Texas,

wow

Spot on.

Also King of the Hill is great and this is a 10/10 post
>>
File: hank hill.png (96 KB, 962x447) Image search: [Google]
hank hill.png
96 KB, 962x447
>>
Im from Texas and my neighbor is from Laos
>>
>>68307265

uhh bill is the louisianan one

boomhauer is based off how mike judge heard someone from oklahoma talking
>>
>>68305988
Watching back... I fucking hate how god damned right dale is about some things.
>>
Characters like Hank and Cotton are accurate depictions of who Texans once were, Bobby is an accurate depiction of our present and future.
>>
>>68306158

I always thought it was good but now its great, probably the best from that era
>>
>>68306158
I loved it as a kid, but my favorite character changed from Dale to Hank as I got older.
>>
>>68307265
Boomhauer's voice inspiration for his voice comes from a phone call Mike Judge received from an angry drunk man calling to complain about Beavis and Butt-Head along with voice patterns from some people Mike Judge talked to in Dalles and Oklahoma City.
>>
Austin native here, yep.
>>
>>68307269

This is pretty legit although Houston is full of niggers and northern SA has is whiter and has way better neighborhoods than the rest of town
>>
The final seasons got way too political and preachy. Most of it is god-tier, though
>>
>>68307269
Central Texas the Germans
>>
damnit I want more level headed shows like this
don't restart it, but make something new.
That show he they tried after this with this super pc family, ugh.. no sorry that sucked assholes.

Loved this show, prolly seen through it from start to stop 5 times or something
>>
>>68306696
This. KOTH portrayed growing up in the mid south in the 1990's perfectly.
>>
>>68309871

I remember going to see the Cowboys play in Wichita Falls and then seeing the episode in KOTH about it when Bobby and I were about the same age, pretty surreal, "North Texas? More like south Oklahoma."
>>
favorite episode? gonna have to watch this again before I sleep
>>
As someone who lives in Texas, I can confirm that everyone loves what-a-burger, and the stereotypes of DFW and Austin are accurate.
The reason why I love the show is it's light conservative humor, showing truthful biases against hippies, hipsters, protesters, basement dwellers, and other liberal stereotypes.
>>
File: welcome to dallas.gif (2 MB, 325x250) Image search: [Google]
welcome to dallas.gif
2 MB, 325x250
>>
>>68311227
Whataburger is my waifu
>>
>>68310557
A Fire Fighting We Will Go
that one is pretty stupid hehe
>>
>>68305988
North Texas/Dallas? No
Southeast Texas/Houston? No
South/Costal Texas/Corpus? Nope
Central Texas/Austin? Fuck no
Hill country? Hits the nail on the head, hence the name
Northeast/Texarcana? Yup
Northwest/Amarillo? Mhmm

>>68306158
I though it was all right when I was a kid growing up in Houston but once I went to A&M I saw just how accurate it was.
>>
>>68311291
The monterey melt and honey butter chicken biscuits make my pants tight
>>
>>68311828
>tfw I eat more than a European eats in a week in a single meal
>tfw I can still get laid with a chunky mexican girl on tindr
This is my homeland and I will die before I leave.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.