[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perot '92
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: perot.jpg (39 KB, 400x527) Image search: [Google]
perot.jpg
39 KB, 400x527
Would take him many times over Trump. wtf is wrong with America sometimes..
>>
Well, Perot caved to having his family threatened. Trump would appear to have decided he's not going to cave.

Everything's a tradeoff.
>>
>>68300160
Though the media has done its part, Trump now has the challenge of overcoming hatred. No one hated Perot. Al Gore tried to ridicule him (even though Perot was extremely correct on trade), but no one hated him.
>>
>>68300646
It's interesting to watch the social divides Trump causes. I was in the barber shop earlier today and the barber's girlfriend starts in with full assuredness with her version of "anybody but trump." And the barber basically just says, "eh, he's a fighter." And the girlfriend immediately modifies her tune to say, "yeah, he's a good businessman, and I like him, but the race stuff makes me uncomfortable."

It'll really be interesting to see how this washes out in the end. Time after time I come across people who are a lot more open to Trump then the standard two-minutes hate would have you believe.
>>
>>68301372
I think we truly risk Hillary presidency with Trump. The GOP is attacking Trump too much, an the republican bastion of Utah could potentially go blue thanks to Mitt running his mouth to his hypnotized cronies.
>>
>>68301604

Get the fuck off my board you fucking shill
>>
perot was a cuck, literally bernie x100000000000

the media never paid attention to him, i was there newfag
>>
>>68301604
I've never watched an election this closely before, let alone a primary. First time in my life I'll be voting in a primary. I've got another month or so yet before making a final decision, so I'll have the benefit of watching this drama play out a bit more first.

But it's difficult to rationalize wanting to vote against Trump vs. just be part of the popular referendum on the candidates in the knowledge that they're probably going to just pull every dirty trick in the book to make my vote irrelevant in the end anyway.
>>
>>68299495
That is a very Hitleresque nose
>>
>>68301711
Wake up and smell the fucking coffee. If Trump doesn't win the 51% outright, the GOP will pull some shit and hand the election to a Kasich or Rubio type and put Cruz in some position of power.
>>
>>68301819
How the fuck is Perot a Bernie? I hear him compared to Hitler and "muh racist" by the left second only to Trump.
>>
>>68301951

That had nothing to do with my comment of calling you a shill, you basically advocated that we do not vote for Trump because we risk a Hillary Presidency. Go back to re.ddit
>>
>>68302495
At no point do I advocate not voting for Trump, or instead voting for any other candidate. I said we risk a Hillary presidency with Trump. If he can't win states outside the Rust Belt and South, he will be fucked.
>>
>>68302693
Do we not risk a Hillary presidency no matter what? Maybe you could elaborate why you think Trump vs. somebody else makes it a more substantial risk.
>>
now here is the question about Perot

if the internet was advanced as it was when Ron Paul ran for President, do you think Ross Perot would have done better"?
>>
>>68302940
Ok. Well, I can't just altogether ignore polls. The margin of error may be larger than suggested, the source of the polls may lend to that error. But Trump is being swept in several swing states head to head. The other two are not. GOP has convinced Utah Trump is toxic. His lead over any Democrat is gone there.
>>
>>68303025
I kind of doubt it. Perot was all over the mass media to the point of being a serious danger to the two-party dictatorship in a way that is relatively rarely seen. Maybe researching what he said would have been more difficult without the internet, but just in the last 4 years, for instance, the dramatic changes I've seen on the interent have been a result of long-building social changes and not just the fact that we'd been well into the internet age earlier than 4 years ago.
>>
>>68303025
Absolutely.. He collected enough votes to comfortably run against both parties before dropping out. Even the final results were undeniably impressive for a third party.

Ron ran third party before in 1988 I think. I don't know how well he did.
>>
>>68301951

Actually even if Trump gets over 50% of the delegates it can still be stolen. They can pass new rules that somehow prevent other delegates from actually voting. If they did that there would be civil war though.
>>
>>68303439
Imagine if his finances could have been used on TV, and give him an edge online, for free. I think, prior to dropping from the race, this could have sailed him to November. Splitting the two party vote successfully is rare and he did it. Turn out wasn't uncharacteristically high or anything.
>>
The risk isn't a Hilary presidency

It's a Non-trump presidency

None of those people give a fuck about you and it's in their best interest to make you more dependent on government with less rights
Hilary
Romney
Cruz
Bernie
Paul

all of them
>>
>>68299495
From one debate he seemed like a nouveau riche backwoods hick. not presidential.
>>
>>68303976
Clinton from AR, Bush from TX (family connections aside), I don't think many voters outside of left coast/extreme Northeast care about the southern accent.
>>
>>68303762
Fair point. People criticize Trump for tweeting like a madman (as if everybody doesn't tweet these days) but it's obviously one of the most important mass communication venues of our day. You wouldn't have an Arab Spring if the folks who put that operation together didn't know damn well how to leverage social media.

It's nice to see a slight increase in taking advantage of independent talk radio as well, although you can understand how they'd want to be careful with that after the way the establishment media flipped its shit over having to deal with competition.

It's tough to say because I wasn't really paying close attention to Perot's run, but I'm not convinced that his message had become sufficiently normal yet to become the kind of fixture that it has these days even with the increasingly decentralized communications of today.
>>
in 1992 anyone could have won and implemented more or less the same policies. I bet you wouldn't even be able to tell a second bush term from clinton's.
>>
>>68301819
By cuck you mean a god damned wizard? This country still pays for not heading his advice.
>>
>>68304167
I'm from NY originally. Never underestimate the ingrained disdain a surprisingly large segment of the population in the NE have for Southern accents. And the population density in the NE is considerable.
>>
>>68299495
he was a literal clinton shill. thats why some are afraid of trump. they think he'll pull a perot
>>
>>68299495

god this takes me back

weird watching perot as a kid

then spending years with 4chan cheering for ron paul

now 4chan is cheering for hillary clintons bff that is essentially a democrat
>>
>>68304167
Bushes were carpet baggers lets be real
>>
>>68304167
>>68304558
Oh and don't forget that the Bushes are from NH, not TX. So they intentionally picked up a fake drawl to appeal to that part of the country.

Just like the Clintons flip around accents depending on the crowd. Accent is a very long-standing indicator of class identity. It's part of why the "Blacksent" became so pronounced in the slave states.
>>
>>68304772
I always imagine Jeb to sound like a mouse for some reason... Not sure how he matches with the language of northern Florida.
>>
>>68304590
Clinton shill implies that he agrees with anything Clinton said. Bill actually was the one playing chameleon during those debates, lied on most issues so he could steal Republican votes from Bush. The faggots selling that Perot as spoiler bullshit are the ones that got butthurt because their boy didn't win.
>>
>>68305035
My experience with Floridian accents is limited, but that's a state with a lot of NE transplants. Jeb's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed anyway. But my outside impression is that he just kind of slowed it down into a more common rhythm and and loosened up his vowels a bit so as to be not too much of an outlier.
>>
>>68304637
Ron would have been fine but none of the candidates could beat the resources packed behind Romney. GOP was still in the "party elder's turn" with McCain.

>>68305215
The numbers I've seen suggest Perot pulled evenly from both parties (exit polls, "if not Perot you would vote for ____"
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.