[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /pol/. I have been lurking here for years. I have only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (404 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
404 KB, 640x1136
Hello /pol/. I have been lurking here for years. I have only posted a coulple of times. This is my first thread.
I've noticed a change in /pol/'s attitude in politics. I used to think /pol was libertarian, or anti-authoritarian. I thought this election we would support Rand all the way through and then on shit on all the rest of the candidates. But alas, /pol/ supports Trump. Now don't get me wrong I'm not berniefag here to try to shill and make you guys "fell the bern." As a libertarian, I am wholeheartenly wondering why /pol/ supports an authoritarian.
>>
>first thread
>zero replies
>page 7
>>
The general consensus is that nationalism is a virtue. Most on /pol/ doubt that a libertarian regime can be aptly nationalists considering the primary tenant of libertarianism is muh freedom. That is free movement of goods, capital, services, and people. Unlimited free movement of people could destroy a nation's culture and identity.
>>
File: quibmangansocieties.jpg (330 KB, 979x1600) Image search: [Google]
quibmangansocieties.jpg
330 KB, 979x1600
Why Libertarianism Won’t Save Us
https://faithandheritage.com/2013/12/why-libertarianism-wont-save-us/
>>
>authoritarian

cite a single authoritarian Trump policy m8
>>
>>68288169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBenudl4-p0
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x335
>>68289128
Is there no combination. I am mainly libertarian for social reasons not economic. I believe in closed borders, but I don't believe in the NSA or lobbying. My main concern is a canidate that can assure the protection of all of the population and ridding the government of corruption. A big question I have always had is why doesn't /pol/ barely talk about lobbying?
>>
>>68289697
NSA, his comments on waterboarding, expansion of the miltary, etc?
>>
File: Ben-Shapiro.png (299 KB, 637x378) Image search: [Google]
Ben-Shapiro.png
299 KB, 637x378
>>68289904
>A big question I have always had is why doesn't /pol/ barely talk about lobbying?
It's not as fun as talking about the J00s.

Ben Shapiro addresses alt-right shitposters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsBO2q7NHGM
>>
>>68290097
NSA is the only one that's authoritarian, and I agree that he needs to temper his opinions on surveillance

I'm failing to see how torture or military are authoritarian, though

but explain how he's not less authoritarian than "Let's legislate Christian values" Cruz and "weapons ban" Kasich
>>
>>68289503
>Obama has done marvelous work
?
As I have said, I am not libertarian in the economic side. I have seen Trump say things that oversteps the line of authoritarian and libertarian such as his favoritism with eminent domain. I am a conservative, but not an authotarian
>>
>>68288169
/pol/ is satire
/pol/ is memes
>>
>>68288169
Charisma
>>
>>68290861
I don't support Cruz or Kasich. I guess a better way to say it is what changed. It was libertarian /pol/, now what?
>>
>>68288169
Let's give fascism a second chance.
A kinder, gentler fascism.
>>
>>68291106
I would agree, but when the conversation goes from jokes to actual political discussion, some "jokes" aren't actually jokes.
>>
Libertarianism was a reaction to big government spending and pretends social issues are outside of the problem and completely isolated. It is cucked traditionalism.
>>
>>68290861
The whole idea of libertarianism, for me, is the prevention of a power that can be abused. Power eventually corrupts. All governments fail.
>>
>>68291617
I agree. I think that libertarianism values anti-corruption more though. It just depends on whether the person is liberal or conservative
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.