[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neo reactionary in college.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_3419.jpg (66 KB, 615x820) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3419.jpg
66 KB, 615x820
Is it possible to get a degree in political science and remain a neo reactionary? hypothetical here
>>
File: musicsucks2.jpg (553 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
musicsucks2.jpg
553 KB, 1600x1071
I'd say it's pretty unlikely to get any higher education and remain a neo-reactionary unless you end up very rich.
>>
>>68284887
why? brainwashing?
>>
attempting to get a degree in political science turned me into a neo reactionary
>>
>>68284887
This. Unless you're so well-off that you don't care, getting educated on the topic will make it hard to keep believing in trickle down lelconomics and the histeric fear of business regulation
>>
File: 286_murrow_intro.jpg (17 KB, 286x250) Image search: [Google]
286_murrow_intro.jpg
17 KB, 286x250
"Is it possible to get a degree in political science and remain a retard?"
Yes, absolutely.
>>
File: basedjackson.jpg (56 KB, 350x519) Image search: [Google]
basedjackson.jpg
56 KB, 350x519
>>68284074
Poli Sci major here. In my experience the professor's I've had attempt to stay neutral politically. That being said you can sometimes pick up on their opinions. My professor right now accidentally revealed that he's an elitist the other day.
>>
>>68286477
>not being a fucking communist means that you believe in the trickle down liberal meme

Wewwwwww laddddd
>>
>>68286577
Speaking of hysterics
and we'll meeme'xD m-laddie
>>
I had Political Philosophy professors that supported the Habsburgs. It depends on if you go to the 1% of schools that still hire conservative profs.
>>
>>68284074
Not if you want to pass your propaganda degree.
>>
>>68286558
I also did undergrad polsci and professors were generally center-left. There weren't any marxists left in the department though there were a few SJW types in the theoretical areas of the department.

My adviser was a lesbian central american professor who was formerly an NRA member and still a firearms enthusiast. It's refreshing to meet other eclectic people.

My recommendation, OP, would be to leave your ideology at the door. Be willing to be influenced a bit without abandoning what you really believe, be willing to come to understand how they think in the department. Only when you know what those around you actually stand for can you stand against it.
>>
>>68286545
not an argument :^)
>>
>>68284074
Just lie about your opinion to your profs so they won't tank your grades
>>
>>68287096
Center-left would probably be the best way to describe most. I've yet to be assaulted by liberal professors in my poli sci courses. My english professor currently however...she's a SJW... I had to make a tumblr blog for her class.
>>
>>68287413
If you're trying to emulate Stefan Molyneux, you should get a philosophy phd, not a polsci degree.

You should also drink a healthy dose of mercury and lead, shave and wax your head, then get someone to slam your face in a door repeatedly until you look like Buzz fucking Lightyear.
>>
>>68287096
Nice post. I'm not taking political science, but I am very interested in politics. I tend to out debate everyone i know on the subject matter. I am very aware of logical fallacies and I am a trump supporter. I have been reading several books by ayn rand since I was 16 (she is a shit writer btw but good for grasping basic ideas about communism)

I tend to destroy bernfags with little ease. It bores me that most people are averse to debating me and resort to platitudes and ad homs. I just want to engage in heated debates. The fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>68287770
ONE
>>
>>68287770
Sounds like the mountain dew and dorittos have clouded your judgement. Hey pal, put down the ninja gaiden go outside and talk to a girl :^)
>>
>>68288005
Get on tumblr and fuck with the tumblr commies. I'm not ashamed to admit that I do it for sport.
>>
>>68288234
>go outside and talk to a girl :^)
Why take the girl for myself? She'll trickle down, when everyone else is done with her. :^)
>>
>>68284074

Don't reveal your power level.

I know a kid who's in political science and the dude really has to keep his power level low key as fuck. When he hands in assignments he reveals much more, but in-class discussions etc he sits quiet because its just a complete waste of time to engage in a 1v10 screaming battle against people who cannot even enter the realm of debate.
>>
>>68288687
Muh trickle down meme. Jesus lad have you any argument at all, or just memes?

You do understand neo reactionaries cover a broad spectrum of beliefs right? Are you even aware of the many aspects of the dark enlightenment and what they entail?

>lol trickle down economics

HURR
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.