[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright you memesters: Let's dispel the notion that Ber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Alright you memesters: Let's dispel the notion that Bernie Sanders' free healthcare and education policy isn't affordable.

The average lifetime healthcare cost is $316,660:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1361028/

Average amount of college debt accrued is $29,400:

http://ticas.org/sites/default/files/pub_files/Debt_Facts_and_Sources.pdf

Just to be clear, this: http://taxfoundation.org/article/2016-tax-brackets
is how much we're paying now. What Sanders wants is for people, predominately people making over $400,000, to contribute more in a modified progressive tax system.

Sander's current plan and analysis can be found here:

http://taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-senator-bernie-sanders-s-tax-plan

Let's say you're making $90,000 a year. According to the new tax plan, you'd pay an extra 2.2% annually in taxes.

(25% -> 27.2%)
$90,000 * 0.022 = $1980
$1980 * 78.80 = $156,024 (Average US life expectancy is 78.80 years.)
$316,660 + $29,400 = $346,060
$346,060 - $156,024 = $190,036

This would give you a net savings of $190,036. By the way, this is a very conservative estimate being that I accounted for someone making $90,000 a year from the day they were born.

In other words, the amount of money we'd pay in taxes, even over the course of a lifetime wouldn't come near the amount of money saved by spending a little more in taxes. That's including the free healthcare!

Are you feeling the Bern yet?
>>
File: 1458457315649.jpg (108 KB, 1020x571) Image search: [Google]
1458457315649.jpg
108 KB, 1020x571
>>
>>68271080
So insightful, you sure convinced me.
>>
>>68270903
What part of his plan will eliminate free health care? If his campaign were to admit that anything from the government isn't a human right I'd probs vote for him
>>
>>68270903
Damn. Am stumped am bernmissile now.
>>
>>68271242
>What part of his plan will eliminate free health care?

What do you mean? I do not follow. That's not what his plan is doing.

>>68271528
noice m8
>>
>>68270903
Time to go back to college and review your math skills.
>>
It doesn't even matter. Bernie Sanders already lost and is currently siphoning more money from his juvenile, half-baked supporters. I hope you didn't donate too much.
>>
>>68271732
Where am I wrong?
>>
File: 14565598745.png (21 KB, 88x280) Image search: [Google]
14565598745.png
21 KB, 88x280
>>68270903

Not reading that wall of text.

Not Clicking on your Click Bait (archive...)

Beside, little pro tip. Ceck our sticky, fag
>>
File: everyone-is-now-dumber.jpg (19 KB, 407x309) Image search: [Google]
everyone-is-now-dumber.jpg
19 KB, 407x309
>>68270903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkodTydUR0E
>>
>>68272100
>Not reading that wall of text.
I'm sorry your ADD/autism hybrid prevents you from reading a few lines.

>Beside, little pro tip. Ceck our sticky, fag
Yes because /pol/ is notorious for upholding the sticky and the quality of the board

>>68272214
>no argument
lol
>>
>implying bernie is going to win.

Just give up, you cannot win.

The real working people will never vote for someone who will steal money from them, only retarded college kids who don't even have a job like him.
>>
>>68272979
funny that a mexican would talk about real working people
>>
>>68271861
You are wrong in the sense that you didn't read the source from nih.gov explaining the mean for lifetime healthcare cost across age. Also you fell into a common issue with frugality where you conflate repurposed spending with saving.

$346,060 - $156,024 = $190,036
(mean(money you spend on healthcare)+mean(money you spend on college))-(Money you spend on taxes)=/=Saving.

It's still money spent on those things, re-purposed to a new institution for the same amenities you're already paying for. I can't say I understand where you derived the formula.
>>
I don't care if it's affordable. I dislike his ideological vision for America.

Fuck Sanders and fuck his supporters.
>>
>>68273350
Nevermind, issue was on my part. You assume that goods&services paid for by your taxes will be equal to the goods&services paid for in private transactions.
>>
>>68273180
>implying you can be a NEET in Mexico.

Unless you're living with mommy you have to work from 8am to 6pm 6 days a week.
>>
>>68273350
>>68273684
Ignoring that, let's examine some snippets from the taxfoundation link.

"According to the Tax Foundation’s Taxes and Growth Model, the plan would significantly increase marginal tax rates and the cost of capital, which would lead to 9.5 percent lower GDP over the long term"

"This decrease in GDP would translate into an 18.6 percent smaller capital stock and 6.0 million fewer full-time equivalent jobs."

"However, the plan would end up collecting $9.8 trillion over the next decade when accounting for decreased economic output in the long run."

I'm too lazy to give you an exact figure, but look at
https://berniesanders.com/issues/how-bernie-pays-for-his-proposals/
to see how the numbers stack up for a decade.

You merely need to look at Medicare for All Health Care Plan at a cost of $1.38t per year to see that the numbers won't balance out.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.