[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the growing use of this drug affecting America? What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (166 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 500x500
How is the growing use of this drug affecting America?
What are /pol/s thoughts on Adderall?
>>
>>68260340
Hmm.. the difference between red and blue pills seems rather small
>>
>>68260340
Adderall XR was the best times every. I miss it so much.
>>
>>68260340
Almost every kid born in America these days has either ADHD, Autism, or a whack ass allergy. Then they put their kids on this medicine, which only makes them more crazy. And you can't take em off it, because then they'll go even more insane.
>>
>>68260340
I'm always suspicious when I meet people who seem incredibly quick witted and have a great recall now.

I think pretty much every pro trivia, poker, chess, magic, and video game player abuses the stuff, as well as its rampant abuse in academic environments.

Wouldn't surprise me if politicians were using it too. People like Trump, Clinton, and Sanders are gettin' old, and they'll take any edge they can get.
>>
Iz gud fur yu. Mayks brane beter.
>>
>>68260340
Boys misbehaving in class being drugged up to act more like girls is very disturbing. Your schools treat boys like defective girls. Do something about it
>>
>>68260340

33 year old here. When I was in high school, I was flunking and they put me on it. In a large high school, there were maybe 6 kids I'd see at the nurse at lunch time taking their Ritalin or Adderall. It was speed. I went from 180 lbs to 114 lbs in months. Couldn't eat, sleep, relax. My grades skyrocketed. I thought I was smarter than everyone and I spent all day powertripping in my little world, high as a kite. I hadn't even smoked pot yet. There were downsides, blind rages, holes punched in walls. I alienated myself from nearly everybody. Eventually woke up to the fact I was being drugged and basically told my parents, "fuck you".

It's a huge travesty that they give this shit to kids.
>>
>>68261045
amphetamine usually makes you more aggressive and assertive desu senpai
>>
>>68260340
My friend abuses Adderall. Now he is always anxious and pacing around like a caged animal, can't sit down for 5 seconds to drink a shot or eat a hamburgers, cannot shut the fuck up about work or his retarded dog, and everyone is on the verge of strangling him. He also can't sleep any more. He has become the most annoying person I know. I've known him for 25 years and I really want to just cut my ties with him. He has been a shit friend and I know he wouldn't help me if I was having the same issues.
>>
>>68260720
>allergy medicine affecting mental state at all
>>
Makes my heart pound sometimes, and causes anxiety, but I like it. Makes me able to focus on tasks until completion, and it helps my memory as well.
>>
>>68261174
Amphetamines do but I don't know what the fuck adderal is
>>
>>68261045
It is so over prescribed its sickening.
My ex was so dependent and fucked in the head from it lol
it really is quite sad how these kids don't even realize what they're ingesting, though.
>>
>>68260340
It's the fucking limitless pill, but it's very habit forming and crashes are awful.

I actually prefer Vyvanse because it isn't as much of a roller coaster, but i'll still occasionally pop an adderall to kill a hangover, or clean the house, because it honestly makes the most mundane shit seem interesting, and interesting shit seem like a day in heaven.
>>
>>68261174

omg, why would they give it to overactive children then??? sounds like a match made in hell and something Hitler would've though of.....
>>
>>68261128

forgot to add that a few years down the line nearly half the kids I knew who were still in High School were on it, even if they were average students with no noticeably bad behavioral problems. My buddy who ended up going to law school was like a 3.1 avg student, football player etc... they got him on it. In my parents/doctors defense, I was a smart kid with straight F's because I was a "punk rocker"
>>
>>68261328
Exactly that.
>>
adderall is a great party drug, but I've only done it a handful of times over the past 10 years or so

but like
>>68261209
says, people I know that use it all of the become junkies that are completely useless unless they get their fix

it's crazy to think that there are millions of people (children) taking it every day
>>
>>68261498
If you have ADD amphetamines are supposed to calm you down and help with focus. Some may even be able to sleep on it.
>>
File: 1321321321321.jpg (48 KB, 888x386) Image search: [Google]
1321321321321.jpg
48 KB, 888x386
If you need pills to function there is something wrong with your reality. Be it a job, or a spouse.

We have emotions for a reason, it's our brains way of telling us about abstract concepts such as death or loss, or even gain.

Without emotion you would be a robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkdX1r2trmM

Learn to control your emotions, instead of letting them control you.
>>
>drug are evil kids
>but lets prescribe meth to children anyways
>>
>be me
>actually have adhd
>have adderall prescription, 30mg
>set aside 2 pills every week just in case since I forget to renew prescription all the time
>go to uni
>bring my stash of 300+ adderall
>finals time comes around
>sell it off
>make enough money to cover my tuition for the next 4 years of college + a new car
feels good man
>>
>>68261328
adderall is mixed amphetamines it's 1/4 dextroamphetamine sulfate 1/4 amphetamine sulfate 1/4 amphetamine aspartate 1/4 dextroamphetamine saccharate
>>
>>68261045
The drug you're thinking of is Risperdal/Risperidone. That's the drug for boys who are "misbehaving" that makes them grow bitch tits.

Adderall is a different issue.
>>
>>68261787
so you sold each tablet for $250
lel
>>
>>68260340
for unintelligent degenerates, pretty much

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/college-students-arent-the-only-ones-abusing-adderall/?ex_cid=538fb
>>
>>68260340
Never taken it. I think it fucks with your chemically balanced brain.
>>
>>68261800
How similar is to methamphetamine?
>>
>>68260340
I took the 30 mg as a kid for years, I think it fucked me up and made me depressed. fuck america
>>
>>68260340
absolutely fucking degenerate. After seeing what it did to my roommate I would never take that shit
>>
>>68261328
It is an amphetamine.
>>
>>68261504
Adderall is a mix of 2 amphetamine salts.
>>
>>68262141
explain?
>>
I did fine without it in public school but once I hit my 3rd year of college where I actually needed to study my grades started to fall. I got some from my doctor, 10mg a pill. I told him I don't want a higher dosage because I want to be able to focus on things I enjoy when I'm not on the medicine. It really improved my grades. Now I only take them once in a while when I'm incredibly busy at work or I need to get through something quickly
>>
>>68260340
I just took a 20mgXR for the first time in months and I see this thread. Must be a sign that I should do more.
>>
File: 13912382319812.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
13912382319812.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
I'm on it right now
I can't function at all without it because I have treatment resistant depression, brainscans showed extremely low neural activity
I don't want to be alive but my mom cares about me too much and I couldn't do that to her
life is fun
right guys?
>>
>>68261174
>amphetamine makes you more aggressive
not the dextro stereoform of amphetamine (Adderall). Levo stereoform is the one that makes you hyped, violent and aggressive, but dextro stereoform keeps you focused
>>
>>68262087
the effects are very similar, methamphetamine is methylated amphetamine, methamphetamine can also be prescribed for adhd (brand name desoxyn) in the US but it is uncommon because of the medication's higher neural toxicity and stigma from the illicit market
>>
>>68262021
i was prescribed that shit, glad i never took it
>>
>>68262430
what is life like for you?
>>
>>68262430
Fix your diet and stop being a pussy. Life is death, they are intertwined. It's but a passing dream.
>>
>>68262383
It is degenerate when people abuse it like use it while playing video games or masturbate. That will destroy your brain. I don't even fuck my girlfriend until it's completely out of my system
>>
>>68262489
it's not nearly as similar, it is though one methyl group difference "only", but when it comes to metabolites, neurotoxicity and effects, it makes a huge difference
>>
>>68262443
Adderall is 25% levoamphetamine
there's no good reason for it, levoamphetamine is worthless. It's the 'physical' part of the stimulant, makes you feel like shit, sweat, etc.
The reason was because they wanted a new patent so they could make the $$$
It's why vyvanse is 100% dex because they know dex is the part that actually helps
>>68262542
shit 24/7
my pharmacy fucked my meds up this month and I was too depressed to even argue with them about it so I just laid in bed and only got out to use the bathroom for nearly a week until my mom found out
>>
Took 30mg of Adderall every morning for about two years. For the first six months or so, you feel so happy and energized and music sounds better. After that, it's a slow decline to nausea, depression, and anxiety. Towards the end of my "habit" I felt like I was losing grip on reality and going insane. Words didn't make sense and I thought the cops were following me everywhere.

Adderall is great in low doses, but I don't think they should be handing that shit out to hyperactive kids. It will WRECK your life.
>>
>>68262430
Were you depressed before adderall? Using stimulants on too many days in a row, even caffeine, makes me unable to get pleasure out of anything, which makes mere existing painful as fuck..
>>
>>68260808
As with most drugs like this, the benefits are great, as long as you treat it with some respect and moderation. It makes you really good at stuff. The problem is, Long term abuse (overdosing) can cause hallucinations and permanently effect your brain chemistry negatively.

15 mg, and you'll have awesome sex, 30 is pushing it, and anything more and it's like you're just shooting pool with a rope.
>>
>>68262304
>sleep all day
>be sometime in the evening past 6:00-7:00
>I'm gonna take some adderall stay up all night and get shit done then go to class and fall asleep after that
>stays up all night
>doesn't get shit done
>falls asleep before class
>repeat
>>
>>68260340
I had to take it as a kid and ever since I took it I don't have a sense of humour. When I was on it I never ever laughed.
>>
>>68260340
I wish I weren't so dependent on it. I hate what it does to my body and to my psychology. When I first was prescribed it (at age 22) it was a revelation to be able to sit down and focus on a task. I ended up abusing it not for the euphoria, but because it was exhilarating to read and read and read academic books. Now I'm basically addicted and would like to just dispense with it, but I'm useless at school otherwise so that isn't really an option.
>>
>>68262578
thanks brah, I've been to dozens of doctors that are the top in their field and regularly see a world renown psychiatrist but you've fixed me
>>68262720
yes
>>
>>68260340
>What are /pol/s thoughts on Adderall?

It's the hyperactive Jew.
>>
>>68262720
this

I took adderall every day for about 4 months and by the end I was a complete zombie just waiting for my next dose.

When I got off of it, I quit cold turkey. Over the next couple weeks my emotions seeped back in. It felt like I could truly laugh for the first time in months.

On the adderall I was convinced I was making progress with my life. But I really wasn't, my ego had just gotten overblown.
>>
>>68262699
i know, it's 4 components mixed, and it's like 50% dextro forms, 25% levo and 25% mixed, but it's predominantly dextro, that was the point i tried to make. And i agree with vyvanse and all you said
>>
>go to stanford
>everyone is on adderall
>everyone takes it before finals
>noone needs it
>my gf became a drug dealer
>take a 30 mg and read entire books in 1 night
>ace every test ever
>only take it once per semester

haven't taken it since 2012 though

fuck that drug and anyone who takes it
>>
Just took one, feels goodman.
>>
>>68262839
Nobody can fix you except yourself, I couldn't quit smoking, I tried everything. Then one day I decided today would be my last cigarette. It's the same with you and your bitch fits, if you can't tough shit out then just kill yourself.

I know some dude who is mentally ill, he thinks he lives in a movie about him, if the conversation detracts even the slightest from him he starts hyper-ventilating, as if he is a woman in need of constant attention.

He takes around 5 pills a day, nothing can fix you except yourself. Take the ultimate medication, a bullet in the brain.
>>
>>68263111
>>everyone takes it before finals
lmao this is stupid as fuck
enjoy your anxiety, it's not a smart pill it's a study pill
>>
>>68260340

my brother's grades have gotten so much better. He will actually graduate now.
>>
>>68260340
I have confirmed ADHD. It's a byproduct of my epilepsy, which is a result of either a fuckup in the meiosis or some weird miswiring. Addy is what allows me to work for more than 15 minutes without ending up somewhere else.

It fucking sucks : (
>>
>>68262535
In the years coming up it's going to become more of a visible issue as the boys who took it are going to become more and more angry and disillusion over how they were abused by doctors and their parents.

The drug blocks the proper development of a male during his teenage years. It's easy to see the generation of boys who were screwed over by this stuff. They all have the same features.

Weak jawline, manboobs, obesity, weak muscle structure, high voice, and overall lethargic behavior. and lack of facial structure are common to all of them.
>>
>>68261128

shit I would have loved it in school, I could have really used the weight loss aspect, I still actually can I need some fucking adderal now!
>>
>>68263173
ok buddy stanford is the best school in the country besides MIT

what's your point even?

it certainly worked as a 'smart pill' for me in that it improved my absorption of dense material.
>>
>>68263173
Are you trying to imply that improved focus and ability to handle abstract concepts don't help with exams?
>>
/pol/ is very stupid when it comes to meds.

Typical retards telling everyone about the diet and exercise meme.
>>
>>68263898
You're retarded and stupid.
>>
>>68263898
You are the retard on pills, by medical definition you must be the retard here.
>>
It's legal speed

Which ironically, calms down people with ADHD

Those without, get the energy boost in the brain
>>
>>68263981
>>68264050
>ADHD = retarded and stupid

Nah senpai, I was the kid that aced shit without trying all through school. Addy just helps me actually do shit and excel at a high level.
>>
>>68261271
What is diphenhydramine?
You're actually fucking retarded.
>>
>>68261787
This never happened
>>
Just got a script for 20mg IR adderal this morning... sounds like I'm about to make a deal with the devil.
>>
>>68260340
Medicated society is inevitable.

And use of adderall probably explains the sharp rise in violence and facism.
>>
>>68262720
>mere existing painful as fuck..
also a side effect of living in finand
>>
>>68263397
This is interesting. Any source on this?
>>
>>68263364
Adderall causes seizures, sounds like you're just a self-diagnosing junkie.
>>
>>68265068
>use of adderall probably explains the sharp rise in violence and facism.
definitely not the forced mass immigration
>>
>>68264221
That's just a myth, it works exactly the same way for people with and without ADHD. Why else would college students abuse it to help them study?
>>
>>68265588

Nope, it's not

College students use it because they don't have ADHD, so they get the energy boost.
>>
>>68260340
I was prescribed it for ADHD and narcolepsy about 6 months ago, only took it maybe 3 times. My experience with it was mixed.
>Alert as fuck.
>Wasn't constantly tired as I usually am.
>Became confident as fuck.
>Couldn't help, but make idol conversation with people I didn't know.
>Became even more condescending.
>Couldn't stop grinding my teeth.
>People who knew me thought I was drunk because of the drastic shifts.
>ADHD symptoms still persisted.
>After it wore off I had problems falling asleep.

I currently use it as an emergency pill for days in which I really need to be awake for. As much as I liked the shift in my mood and social aspects, the teeth grinding and the fact I couldn't sleep were pure hell.
>>
>>68260340
Shit's sent me to the emergency room after Focalin induced a panic attack the morning before one of my final exams last spring.
>>
They cause paranoia, anxiety, decrease testosterone levels and turn you into a skinny faggot if you dont have adhd. It can be fun though if used every once in a while. Amphetamines are good if you're a liberal and want to look like aids skrillex or carl the cuck.
>>
>>68260340
It's amazing how well it works.
I'm on methylphenidate (a variant of amphetamine) and the stuff just works.

The problem is: giving it to kids is a mistake:
- their brains are still developing, giving it disforms it
- it doesn't teach them anything

But once you reach the age of 21, the stuff should available for everyone
>>
>>68260340
It's destroying the minds of an entire generation. I've watched it happen slowly over a decade, and it's scaring the shit out of me.
>>
>>68260340
It's great for writing papers that I procrastinated on.
>>
>>68264517
I have adhd too but I don't need medication, you are just addicted. ADHD is code word for lazy parents.
>>
>>68261128
That what it pretty much did to me with the whole rage aspect mostly. It ruined my highschool experience.
>>
>>68261498
Amphetamines cause a paradoxical calming effect in patients that actually have ADHD (read: none of the ones prescribed it).
>>
It's a drug, plain and simple.

Drink less, eat right, exercise more, and have clearly defined goals. This will help you focus more than adderall.

It doesn't make you better at talking to people, it makes you a speed up d-bag.
>>
>>68260340
It's pretty fun.
>>
>>68260340

All psychotropics are degenerate pseudo science bullshit.

It's the pharmaceutical Jew.
>>
>>68265039
A year of abuse destroyed me. I doubt your as dumb as I am..I was finishing scripts in less than 2 weeks. But still, this shit sucks. I'm about 5 months without it and still feel retarded. I was very sharp before taking it. Please be careful mate.
>>
>>68262735

>rope

Holy shit man, that's a great analogy

Have a rare trump
>>
Adderall just makes you brain act like it would if you exercised, ate well, and mediated daily.

The side effects build up over time. Because your brain is diverting it's energy into a specific area others get neglected, which leads to the stereotypical "adderall zombie" effect.

It's cool for short term use, but don't take it often or long term. It will fuck you up. Use it to realize what your body is capable of, then pursue strength training and eating well and you will get the same effects without the help of the drug.
>>
>>68268970

I live with my parents. I'm going to put the pills upstairs in the kitchen cupboard where everyone can see (where we keep tylenol). Plan on taking weekends off as well.

Hearing stories like yours definitely concern me though. But I think keeping them upstairs is a good prevention measure.
>>
>>68269505
>Adderall just makes you brain act like it would if you exercised, ate well, and mediated daily.

I almost, almost went to the doctor to get a script for ADHD meds but realized that the above three points were better. I have ADHD up the fucking wazoo but it's only worsened the more time I spend browsing online.

ADHD + Endless entertainment = your shit will get fucked up if you don't control yourself.
>>
3 months on Ritalin, diagnosed with ADD. At about midway of the effect I experience a zen-like calm I didn't know I could ever feel.
>>
>>68269632
Well man I suggest you listen to this guy >>68269505
I strongly urge you not to take it for more than two months. It's way too powerful and will eventually make you a shell of yourself even without abuse.
>>
File: 1450786476037.png (282 KB, 506x434) Image search: [Google]
1450786476037.png
282 KB, 506x434
Cannabis is the only drug anyone should be taking regularly.
>>
What about Nootropics /pol/ ?
>>
its like the drug from limitless except your memory is still shit
>>
>>68269808

any abuse issues?
>>
>>68266011

chew gum
>>
>>68264651
still have visual snow from combining this and dex

thanks /dis/
>>
>>68260340
I take it when I have exams coming up and need to focus. I took it when going to a club once, that was a interesting experience.
It also helps with the late night shitposting as well.
>>
>>68260340

Don't drug kids is my thought.

It's no wonder that we have so many meth addicts in this country when the pharma industry has been hammering diet drugs down adult's throats and doping up kids.

It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>68270937
an interesting experience***
>>
>>68260340
If based Hitler used amphetamines, they're fine by my book
>>
>>68260340
Adderall is awesome lol. Essentially turns you into the ubermensch.
>>
Degenerate as fuck unless you take them once in a while.
>>
>>68261787
adderal is fucking cheap you lying faggot
>>
Recently diagnosed at age 24
no adderall in australia
only dexedrine, ritalin
not sure if i want to take any meds desu

any experiences on either?
>>
>>68272043
Concerta is quite nice. Ask for that.
>>
>>68272043
Adderall is a dexamphetamine. It's just a brand, doesn't mean shit. I buy Dexedrine and it does the same thing.
>>
I had a ton of papers and final exams coming up two years ago while in university and I thought it would be a good idea to take some adderall or ritalin beforehand to power study and focus better. It was a huge mistake.

I couldn't find any adderall but someone offered me Vyvanse or whatever instead. I thought they were all the same so I decided to take it. The only size pills the guy had were 70mg and I didn't know if it was too much or too little so I bought 3 pills. I took one pill early in the night and didn't feel shit for like the first 2 hours so I thought I would open up another pill and pour about 30mg powder into a glass of water I had. Then like an hour later my temple was pounding so hard I thought it was going to rupture. My chest was beating like crazy and I thought I was gonna die. I called my dealer at like 3am freaking out and he just told me to drink some water and laughed. I didn't sleep at all that night and went into my final exam that next morning jittery as hell with a super dry mouth and pee every 5 mins. I had two finals exams the next day with 2 papers due so I thought I could just take one more pill and that would be it so I took another 70mg leaving just the 40mg powder from the night before but I poured it into a glass and sipped on it during the night. But this was bad mistake #2. It made me feel like I was on meth+speed+crack. My vision was going blurry, my head was spinning, I couldn't sit still, and I had no hunger. I went into my exam like shit and failed that as well. But things still didn't get better. I had almost no hunger for the next 3 days. It had been 4 days since I took the first pill and I had no desire to sleep. I was just feeling upidy those 4 days. When the high finally wore off I slept for 22hrs straight, ate dinner at like 2am, and then slept for another 8 hours.

Since that day my eyes have had trouble focusing. Idk if it's directly related but I know I never had problems with my eyes before then. Never do drugs kids
>>
>>68262111
This. I took 25 and 30 extended release, now I can't function without it. I learned to think on it, and interact with people, and manage my time. Without it I feel drunk, but I have having to rely on it.
>>
>>68272043
I wouldnt recommend taking any of it unless you absolutely have to. But if you going to take something Dexedrine is the best imo. Its gives the cleanest energy boost without the nasty side effects.
>>
>>68272599

Anything over 100mg Vyvanse/50mg Adderall is a massive dose for 0 tolerance people.

You really shouldn't start (even for recreation/study purposes) over 60 mg Vyvanse/30 mg Adderall
>>
>>68260340
Fuck drugs.
>>
>>68272999
trips of truth
>>
>>68262820
Yeah. I have all the same effects as you, but I've been on it for so long. I started when I was 10, and now I'm 18.

I was always a smart kid but I had trouble focusing because I was always off in "la la land" as my teachers said. So, I was given amphetamines at age 10, which I think has ruined my memory and ambition. Fuck this earth
>>
>>68260340

Good boy pills
>>
>>68272599
>almost die because of not knowing how much of a random drug to take
>decide to take more

germans truly are suicidal
>>
>>68273110
Just 15mg gets the job done if you have no tolerance... Im a fit 180lb 6'1" guy who is experienced taking this stuff and 15mg still gets me where I want to be.

The problem is when people take it for the extreme energy boosts and euphoria. Youll know when youve taken this much once your armpits start sweating and jaw wont stop moving. Then youre in for the gnarly crash.

If you keep it at a low dose you get a small boost of energy, focus, and minor feelings of pleasure, which is perfect for doing shit like writing papers or mundane activities like cleaning your room. 30mg is a high dose
>>
>>68273110
I had no idea and had never taken any before. My dealer was just like yeaahh go ahead and take one you'll be fine. I noticed nothing for the first few hours so I took somemore. Tbh I was expecting it to be a bit like limitless so that's probably why I did that.

>>68273578
It was either get sleepy and and not study or risk taking another pill and hope it works out this time.
>>
I think my biggest regret with my Adderall use from an early age is not where I am, but where I could have been. As a child, I was exceptionally gifted at the gas like reading, writing, and music, but quite poor at following directions. I will never know whether it was Adderall that robbed me of my brightness or if I was just a precocious child destined to be an average adult. At least I'm not below average. Yet.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.