[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Oman Why does no one ever talk about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: oman.jpg (48 KB, 783x548) Image search: [Google]
oman.jpg
48 KB, 783x548
Tell me about Oman

Why does no one ever talk about it?
>>
I don't know, man.
>>
>>68248510
Not enough poor or rich to cause trouble.
>>
File: oban14.jpg (134 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
oban14.jpg
134 KB, 1080x1080
maybe we could talk about Oban
>>
>>68248510
Same reason nobody ever talks about Sealand.
>>
they are our greatest ally apparently, along with all the other oil jews: UAE, Saudis etc
>>
>>68248510
Its probably because the population is relatively small and it's not in an eternal state of war.
>>
>>68248510

because it's a shit country filled with shit people. fuck.
>>
>>68248510
They are the only place to find Ibadi muslims, mostly. The third branch of Islam nobody talks about.

They stay to themselves mostly, so they are fine by me.
>>
>>68248510
>oman
>o geez
>>
It's got a military dictator with strong control over the country.

Sultan something
>>
I once ordered clothes from Yesstyle fashion in Korea, then when I was putting in the shipping information i do as i usually do. I press the pick country tab and press O + Arrow up + Enter. This usually selects Norway which is where i live. But this time i guess i forgot to press Enter(?) and didn't doublecheck the shipping info. My clothes was ordered in September if im not mistaken, and after getting the email about it being recived in Oman i realised my mistake.

They actually managed to fix it, someone in Oman actually mailed it to me, in Norway, without a bomb. I got it on christmas day! :)

Thanks Omana
>>
It's tiny

70% of their army is made of Pakistani people
>>
File: 1455635674671.png (66 KB, 695x500) Image search: [Google]
1455635674671.png
66 KB, 695x500
>>68249917
>>
>>
I've heard it's kind of a nice place. Mostly neutral too.
>>
They don't cause trouble because their sultan is gay and many of them are homosex themselves. They can't push a mooslem agenda.
>>
>>68249917
kek
>>
>>68250590
They are Ibadi Muslims, not Sunni nor Shia and are the only country with any real number of Ibadi.

They basically have no agenda outside of their own country.
>>
>>68248510

Because Oman is neither a relevant country nor a breeding ground for terrorists. Ironically enough, the Ibadi's dont put out terrorists like the Sunnis and Shia do, despite the fact that Ibadis are closest to the Kharijites which were essentially the first Muslim terrorists (they killed the 4th caliph).
>>
>>68248510
Iran puppet.

Most GCC people don't view Oman favorably because several years ago they refused sign an agreement on several collaboration points between the GCC countries and recently they refused to participate in the Yemen strikes. They also have been striking several trade deals with Iran as of late.
>>
>>68251214

>Iran puppet

If by that you mean they're not stupid Sunni fucks that listen to Saudi Arabia then yes they are Iranian puppets just like any other sane Middle Eastern country.
>>
As that part of the world goes, I've heard more than once that the people there are extremely hospitable.
>>
>>68248510
they had a cool map in battlefield 2
>>
>>68251065
Shia don't really put out that many terrorists either, its just that they get caught up in the sectarian strife of the region more than the Ibadi do.
>>
>>68251214
Sorry buddy. We just don't go by Saudi Arabia's agenda. Iran is just a reasonable country to ally with, not like the sunni warmongerers provoking wars in the area.
>>
>>68251669

Based Oman
>>
>>68251669

R A R E

A

R

E
>>
>>68251349
That's what happens in homogeneous countries. People aren't bitter
>>
>>68251669
Tell me about Oman
>>
>>68251669
RARE
>>
>>68248510
O man have I got a story for you
>>
>>68249285

underrated
>>
>>68253002
Muscar on my face happened when Yemen attacked my homeland
>>
>>68248510
poor country
>>
>>68251214
>>68251669
>>68253232

Uncommon Flag thread?
Uncommon Flag thread.
>>
>>68252235
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
I lived in Muscat, Oman for 14 years.

AMA.

What do you want to know?
>>
>>68249694
I prefer Orban.
>>
>>68248510
Small population, non-extremist branch of Islam, leaders aren't assholes.
>>
>>68253525
What's the culture like there?
What was the crime like?
How much mc donalds resturants did you see?
and how many blacks did you see?
>>
>>68253525
Are there any terrorists?
>>
>>68253525

What did you do there?
>>
>>68253525
Are the women wearing sheets?
>>
>>68253657
The culture is just typically bedoiun-arab. Lots of Indian Immigrants though. Apparently, a very influential Indian businessman named Khilji helped the current sultan finance his coup against his mentally ill father.

So Indians are really given a lot of visas and jobs.

However, recently there is a drive for omanization, and the government hasss put in affirmative action to kick the Indians out.

Crime was extremely low, considering that the nation has oil money and welfare, and indians are usually not the trouble rousing type.

There are quite a few McDs in the capital Muscat. Although not so many in smaller outer towns like Nizwa and Salalah.

Not so many 'black' blacks. Plenty of dark-skinned arabs. I think the current sultan might pass of for a 'black' here.

It is too bad that he does not have an heir, and is probably going to leave his country in chaos once he passes away due to cancer.
>>
>>68253921
No. there were some minor agitators during the "arab Spring" a few years ago.

But it was mainly against Indian owned shops, as local Omanis feel that their livlihoods are overtaken by Indians. However no actual hard-core terrorists.

>>68253940
My dad worked for a GM and Chevorlet dealship there. I was a student.

>>68254079
Yup. Not the total ninja suit, but more like a headscarf.
>>
>>68251669
What's going to happen once Sultann Qaboos bin Said dies?
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 268x188
>>68253573
I prefer Corbyn
>>
>>68254863
mad max happens
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.