[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tennis uproar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: Williams.jpg (24 KB, 669x377) Image search: [Google]
Williams.jpg
24 KB, 669x377
Just browsing the news today and I came across this

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/21/tennis/indian-wells-tennis-raymond-moore/

I'll be the first to admit I could give a flying fuck about tennis, and the only time I see clips of it is when it's on in the background at some other place, but..........

Is this Raymond Moore guy wrong? Were his comments out of line?

Novak Djokovic and equal pay:

""I think that our men's tennis world, ATP world, should fight for more because the stats are showing that we have much more spectators on the men's tennis matches," the world No. 1 said. "I think that's one of the reasons why maybe we should get awarded more."

"Women should fight for what they think they deserve and we should fight for what we think we deserve. I think as long as it's like that and there is data and stats available and information, upon who attracts more attention, spectators, who sells more tickets and stuff like that, in relation to that it has to be fairly distributed.""

Does any of this matter, or is this just a "who the fuck watches tennis?" type?
>>
>>68243854
>Women's """"""sports"""""""
>>
>>68243854
Why is there a picture of a gorilla holding a tennis racket? Who taught him that
>>
>>68243854

They've had this argument before, about equal pay.They were invited to take part in the men's tournament and they refused, so no equal pay.
>>
File: Stich-Stoer-Pokal.jpg (87 KB, 750x437) Image search: [Google]
Stich-Stoer-Pokal.jpg
87 KB, 750x437
>Karsten Braasch competed in a "Battle of the Sexes" contest against the Williams sisters (Venus and Serena) at the 1998 Australian Open when he was ranked 203. A decade and a half older than the sisters, Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centred around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager."[2] He nonetheless defeated both sisters, playing a single set against each, beating Serena 6–1 and Venus 6–2.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsten_Braasch
>>
>>68243854
That pic, i cant tell if thats female or male till i look at the chest. Fucking niggers.
>>
>Steroidana Williams
>Maria Steroidova
>muh power tennis
>>
>>68244252
alpha as fuggg
>>
>>68244252
1998? like when they were teenagers and hadn't reached full muscular development?
>>
File: 132452670.jpg (225 KB, 594x465) Image search: [Google]
132452670.jpg
225 KB, 594x465
the culprit is a South African white ape or neanderthal
Raymond Moore king of /pol/
>>
Nah, he's spot on. Men's tennis is great, play and follow it myself, but women's is shite. Williams would lose to any top 500 man.
>>
>>68244562
SO now they can go against a first tier male and get beat again?
>>
>>68244562
They made the claim and were BTFO for it so no m8 you can not save any face.
>>
File: 2SerenaWilliams.jpg (34 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
2SerenaWilliams.jpg
34 KB, 450x300
>>68244562
>full muscular development

yeah no steroids involved at all
>>
>>68243854
So in a left-handed wy shes justifying male athletes being paid more than female athletes.

>good to know
>>
what about those /pol/ tards who brag about beating girls at sport, men are way better at sport than women
but /pol/ tards certainly are 'those' nu-males who were beat by girls and who still pretend they are alphas
>>
>>68243854
I thought the whole point of watching tennis is for the bouncing titties, short skirts, and moans?

Shouldn't be surprising to that dumbass that he doesn't make more money.
>>
>>68244977
Women only play best of 3, men play best of 5
>>
File: serena-arms-710x278.png (455 KB, 710x278) Image search: [Google]
serena-arms-710x278.png
455 KB, 710x278
>>68244959
reminder that she locked herself in a saferoom when the drug testers came for a surprise visit once.
>>
>>68243854
If they want equality then just don't separate the sport by gender. See how much fucking prize money the women get then.
Oh, right, fucking none because they would not even come close to qualifying for an event because they would be outclassed by part time male amatures.
>>
>>68243854
dfg
>>
>>68244607
no takers?
come on
>>
File: Maria-Sharapova-img27313_668.jpg (69 KB, 668x867) Image search: [Google]
Maria-Sharapova-img27313_668.jpg
69 KB, 668x867
I remember there was an uproar when Sharapova was payed more than the one on OPs pic because she's prettier and libs were getting butthurt saying she's not. How brainwashed and cucked should you be to say such bullshit?
>>
>>68245243
>tfw no Russian giantess gf
>>
>>68245061

OP here, if that's true that's annoying as fuck. I truly don't watch Tennis. This sort of reminds me of when Ronda Rousey was saying she'd beat any of the women professional boxers if she made the transition to boxing because that's how shit the women were in comparison to her. She went so far as to say she'd beat floyd mayweather. But when they inevitably lose face with these claims, and then lose even more face when they have a career imploding loss, people immediately give them the sympathy card.

Womenz....
>>
>>68243854
>I could give a flying fuck about tennis
i, for one, couldn't.
>>
>>68245421
Rousey got what was coming to her

someone post the webm of her getting rekt
>>
>>68245082
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrray3ii98
>>
>>68245521

damn you grammar nazi, in the US when we say phrases irl convos, we often say the fucked version because of how often their used conversationally. thats one of the more common ones.
>>
I'm legitimately surprised that the guy doesn't make more because there are more spectators
>>
>>68245690
I could care less US
I couldn't care less UK
>>
>>68245715

I was too, particularly with that was the reasoning behind the UFC paying ronda rousey the most. I wonder if that's because the international aspect to tennis and they don't rely solely on the US to provide athletes for the league (so the US dictates less of nuances in pay)?
>>
>>68245290

>taller than some manlet nigger
>giantess
>>
Serena and Venice are men, aren't they?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.