[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pol bad or good for mental health?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: 1400253586099.jpg (1013 KB, 2327x2980) Image search: [Google]
1400253586099.jpg
1013 KB, 2327x2980
This board has redpilled me too much.

I'm in a phase where everything around me seems pretty pointless.

Should I stop reading this board? Weirdly enough, I seem to be addicted to this board, can't understand why. I think it releases dopamine each time I read an interesting thread/meme.
>>
>>68229574

Go do something else for a while. Do happy things, things you like to do. Go find a forest and go hiking, the world is beautiful. Then, when you are reminded of all the pleasures of life, you can come back here and continue in our discussions on how to preserve them.
>>
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 800x800
Holographic disclosure (youtube it)
Make America Great Again

There I just fixed your life. Fuck whores, fuck liberal sjw friends, be a man and help contribute to history

MAGA CITIZEN MAGA
>>
You're in the middle-stage. Nihilism.

The final stage is where you snap out of your hopelessness and realize you can actually do something about the bad shit in the world.
>>
Have sex with your gf. If single, find one..
>>
>>68229807
I don't like nihilism.
I'm Christian (previous atheist) so I know the universe has a goal and an ultimate reason.

it's just that when I see things around me, I'm mostly amused now because I understand the underlying principles. All I need is now to take advantage of it (financially/socially etc).
>>
>>68229931
You sound like you're 14.
>>
File: 1423347219270.jpg (17 KB, 397x262) Image search: [Google]
1423347219270.jpg
17 KB, 397x262
It's a curve. You start out happy/not incredibly unhappy, then move on to crippling depression for a certain amount of time before realizing that everything you've learned points towards the idea that you can actually change the world with your own two hands.

The strength of your character it what determines how wide the curve is. The stronger of a person you are, the less it affects you, the weaker you are, the longer you stay in that dip.

I don't really have any advice on how to beat this since my dip was virtually non-existent. I never cared in the first place, all /pol/ made me realize is what my ultimate purpose in life is, which is just to contribute to the white race in any way I can, since I hate myself.
>>
>>68229574
I think 4chan in general is bad for mental health. Especially if you are one of those shutins with no friends who spends hours upon hours here.

4chan seems to be best enjoyed 15 mintutes at the time once a week imo
>>
File: IM NOT MYSELF.png (463 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
IM NOT MYSELF.png
463 KB, 500x500
>>68229574
>Should I stop reading this board? Weirdly enough, I seem to be addicted to this board, can't understand why. I think it releases dopamine each time I read an interesting thread/meme.

libturd shock culture wore thin ? Tired of the same old phony lies your queer friends repeat all day long ?
need a new shock culture because your mind is dulled after years of robotic retardism ?
>>
File: 1im sad.jpg (68 KB, 639x466) Image search: [Google]
1im sad.jpg
68 KB, 639x466
>>68229574
It does make me see the world very negative aswell. I feel really bad when I spend to much time here...thats why I sometimes don't even come back for a good month.

The truth always hurts, especially if you are alone - knowing nothing will change.
>>
File: 38e.png (492 KB, 600x696) Image search: [Google]
38e.png
492 KB, 600x696
Your first mistake was taking anything posted on this board seriously. In case you aren't already aware, 80% of the posters here have literally 0 friends in real life (as confirmed with last night's thread). These are the kind of """"""people"""""" who spend their time whining about degeneracy, SJWs, cucks, and tweets by people with less than a dozen followers on Twitter.

If you're not here to shitpost, you're wasting your life.
>>
File: 1457202433740.jpg (136 KB, 408x367) Image search: [Google]
1457202433740.jpg
136 KB, 408x367
>>68231159
>mfw I don't belive him
>>
The worst thing is /pol/ is always right
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 1000x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 1000x676
>>68230861
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
MAKE THE WORLD GREAT AGAIN

MAGA BROTHER MAGA
>>
like many other 4chan boards, this place is really good at distilling tons of information very quickly. People here have little incentive to do anything other than what boils to joking around and arguing what they genuinely believe is the truth. Sure, there's a shitload of trolling, but most people seem compelled to argue what they believe based on the facts, and since this is an anonymous board, the most valuable posts are the ones that are
1) most entertaining, and
2) most informative, and
3) which hold up best to scrutiny

everything else sort of gets shuffled out of the door pretty quickly. I guess it's like a groupthink exercise in a way, one which fairly efficiently comes to conclusions that are most consistent with whatever data is available

Sure, 99% of individual posts are garbage, but /pol/ memes generally represent reality very well ("/pol/ is always right")

>>68231159 is a moron
>>
>>68229807
I'm just leaving this stage and as silly as it sounds it has something to do with Trump. Now I'm not deifying the man but seeing the odds he is overcoming to defeat a global political machine is inspiring.

This is going to be the most raucous election year in decades and we get to witness it.
>>
>>68231916
iktfb

we have someone to vote for who is running a platform based on things that actually matter
>>
File: 1458242024991.jpg (161 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
1458242024991.jpg
161 KB, 1890x1417
>>68229574
It's enlightening.
Harsh, sadic, crude enlightning.
>>
>>68231159
>>68231388
>I have no "real" friends.
>Only gym partners and colleagues
>Get maybe one phone call a month that's not work or family related.
Thankfully I used to have friends so I know what it means to have them.
I would probably feel bad if I never knew.
>>
>>68229574
I'm currently unemployed, and Trump might win the election those are the only reasons why I still come here. If Trump loses I'll just lurk here once in a while
>>
>>68232071
>Get maybe one phone call a month that's not work or family related.
these are the only reasons anyone places phonecalls today, anon

phonecalls are the new fax for most intents and purposes
>>
>>68232222
Checked.

It's alright. My biggest problem is that I'm socially lazy.
>>
>>68230005

Why is Taiwan so cucked for China.
>>
>>68231916
>I'm just leaving this stage and as silly as it sounds it has something to do with Trump.
It's quite simple: The Left has been shitting all over you openly because of your gender and skin color. Trump winning would put an end to that. Therefore, you feel hope. He's pretty much a symbol that other people are willing to fight back against the bleak future Leftists had planned for us—namely, marginalization and eventual genocide.

For me, it's AfD winning more than Trump. Germany is right at the precipice. Four more years of migrant floods and they're done as a culture and people. But AfD getting 25% of the vote virtually overnight (they came into existence as a party just three years ago) proves that even in countries teetering on the edge of annihilation, 1/4th of the population is still brave enough to fight. AfD's voting base is also 18-35 years old. Ie: Our generation. I suspect Trump's base is similar, despite the propaganda to the contrary.

So if they want to destroy our world, they're going to have to fight us.
>>
>>68229574

how about you start enjoying the mediocraty in the world?

sure we might now have an [insert ideology] revolution , but atleast we arent killing eachother , which means your actually able to live your life, and change elements around you to keep living your life.

/pol/ is as bad as the marxists/anarchists who want war because muh revolution
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.