[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Landlord Won't Rent to Trump Supporters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14
File: lead_960.jpg (61 KB, 960x669) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
61 KB, 960x669
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/03/20/grand-junction-apartment-donald-trump/
>GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (CBS4) – A landlord in Grand Junction is not breaking the law by refusing to lease an apartment to anyone who supports Donald Trump for president.

>According to The Daily Sentinel in Grand Junction, Mark Holmes is renting out a two-bedroom apartment on Main Street, but he refuses to rent to anyone who supports Trump.

>The ad prompted people who don’t agree with his tactic to leave hate messages on Holmes’ voicemail. “I don’t know what to do anymore about what’s going on in this country,” he told The Daily Sentinel. “It’s just a mess.”

>Some thought Holmes was violating federal housing rules by discriminating against political affiliations, but that’s not the case, according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

>“That has nothing to do with the Fair Housing Act,” HUD spokesman Jerry Brown told The Daily Sentinel. “But that seems to be a first, and it’s original.”
Discrimination or private business property rights?
>>
>>68228994
Free market, the can go rent everywhere else.
Would be interesting to see the reaction when it happens to a left leaner.
>>
>>68228994
Should qualify as voter intimidation, which is illegal in any real democracy.
>>
>>68228994
He should be allowed to do whatever he wants with his business but under current law how isn't this illegal?
>>
>>68229760
Nah his property/busines he can make the rules
He is still a dick
>>
>>68228994
Wait so you HAVE to make people wedding cakes but you can refuse to rent shelter to people based on your personal political disagreements?
>>
>>68229829
Not in Colorado.

It is very easy to fuck this guy over legally. You get a gay married couple, one of whom supports Trump.

When they are denied the apartment, they sue under the same shitty law that forces private bakeries to make fag weeding cakes.
>>
im sure a good lawyer can win a lawsuit
>>
>>68229670
Then why did the cake place have to make cakes for faggots? Double standard?
>>
>>68229962
If you refused to rent to a Bernie supporter you would be sued instantly.
>>
>>68230003
>Not in Colorado.

[citation needed]
>>
>>68230056
Yes, appeal to your local governor/mayor and stuff, this shit cant be legal
>>
>>68230056
Faggots are a protected class
>>
>>68230003
Why can you sue for their beliefs if it's gay but not politics?
>>
>>68229962
>>68230056
That's true facism.
>>
>>68228994
Trumpcucks BTFO
>>
File: 1453834290062.jpg (148 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
1453834290062.jpg
148 KB, 862x1000
>>68228994
>bakery refuses to make fag wedding cake
>gets sued into oblivion

>landlord refuses to rent to Trump supporters
>"It's perfectly legal"
>>
>>68228994
Not typically a supporter of cucks but I am a firm believer in property rights. He should be allowed to choose who he leases to. Imagine if this was over Dindus you all would think differently
>>
What if they're gay Trump supporters who like cake?
>>
>>68229829
what if he wanted to not sell them a pizza
>>
>>68228994

Im sure if a landlord said he is unwillingly to let someone rent his property that believed in white privilege that would be totally ok too.....
>>
>>68230266
Implosion
>>
>Christian bakers refuse to bake a gay cake - Branded evil bigots
>Christian hotel owners refuse to serve gays - Evil bigots
>Liberal refused to rent to Trump supporters - Good for them, fight the power man :DDDDD

Hmmmmmmm
>>
File: 1454867534112.jpg (110 KB, 532x500) Image search: [Google]
1454867534112.jpg
110 KB, 532x500
>>68229827
If he is receiving support from HUD he absolutely cannot discriminate against people. Before I got out of working at a section 8 shithole they were getting ready to make criminal checks illegal.

Just goes to show how biased and corrupt our current government is.
>>
>>68228994
>>Some thought Holmes was violating federal housing rules by discriminating against political affiliations, but that’s not the case, according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
WHAT?

>96% of all blacks vote democrat
>US Dept. of HUD just said you could refuse people based on their politics

FUCKFUCKFUCK, I've got an important homeowners association meeting to go to. And my relatives own a lot of rental property the need to change the advertising on.
>>
>>68228994
Okay. If I really wanted to rent from this faggot then I would say I didn't support trump or just not say anything about politics at all. I'm not some kind of fucking autist
>>
File: 1433832988947.jpg (95 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1433832988947.jpg
95 KB, 724x720
>>68228994
>federal housing rules
Why would they apply to a private domicile that the owner is letting someone use in exchange for money?
>>
>>68229827
Apparently it's A-okay to disciminate against people for POLITICAL affiliations under current law.

Which is retarded since one's political expressions about government are the most key to functioning democracy.

What if a major Party (which is also a private organization) got a bunch of private property owners and businesses in say, Florida, and started a campaign to get purge the state of rival Party voters by refusing to hire them or fire them and keep them from having housing so they could rig the state government and the Electoral College?
>>
File: 1458532467859.png (89 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1458532467859.png
89 KB, 399x382
>>68230069
>implying Bernie supporters pay rent
>implying Bernie supporters leave their parents' house
>>
DEGENERACY.

SO UN-AMERICAN.

NOT CONSTITUTIONAL.

HE IS A LOW ENERGY LANDLORD.
>>
>>68230195
BECAUSE YOU DON'T CHOOSE TO BE GAY, SHITLORD!
>>
>>68230195
Because if a gay couple is told they cannot rent because one is a Trump supporter, then it can be argued this is tacit discrimination against their legally protected union.

>I'll rent to you, but only if you break up with that fag.
>>
>>68230243
Discriminate all you want, just don't be so open about it. If I was renting, I wouldn't rent to black people for obvious reasons but wouldn't openly say it. I'd just put all black applications in file 13.
>>
>Jerry Brown
>>
File: 1457661662813.png (27 KB, 255x135) Image search: [Google]
1457661662813.png
27 KB, 255x135
>>68228994
>Buy all the homes in the ghettos and middle class housing
>Refuse to sell or rent homes to liberals
>???
>Profit
>>
>>68228994

i work for a small business and have generally been responsible to sort through resumes/conduct the first phone interviews. if i google somebody and find they are pro-trump i have been tossing their resume into the garbage immediately. trumplets are basically magnets of faggotry and drama.
>>
>blacks vote 90+ percent democrat
>refuse to rent to anyone voting for Hillary or Bernie
>>
Welp. Time to make homeless 100% all my non-trump supporters renting from me.
>>
>>68230407
I lived in a freshly gentrified area in the ghetto for a year after college. It was so frustrating.

>live across the street from section 8 ghetto apartment
>deal with crime, breakins, and other niggerish behavior constantly
>section 8 apartment gets torn down by city
>neighborhood instantly gets better, more people moving it, etc
>city decides to rebuild the apartment complex and keep it section 8
>apartment complex finished, trash moves back in
>crime instantly skyrockets once again
>move away, as with a lot of my neighbors
>potentially awesome neighborhood decays to shit once more

Good job, city.
>>
>>68230266
B-but didn't you know? Blacks and gays can't be Trump supporters fampai
>>
>>68230056
>Then why did the cake place have to make cakes for faggots?
They should have not, but your court system is mexican-tier so the fucked up.
>>
>>68228994
I bet at least half of people renting at his complex are silent Trump supporters anyway.
>>
Remember when that christian bakery suffered death threats because they refused to bake cakes for a fag wedding?

Now it's good for the cause, so it's good for them. Luckily, they haven't realised that this just takes people out to vote for Trump in droves.
>>
File: Astro-Van-Camper-01.jpg (37 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
Astro-Van-Camper-01.jpg
37 KB, 600x447
>>68228994
>Giving your money to some faggot every month when you could just live in a van and save thousands or more instead
>>
File: fag.jpg (62 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
62 KB, 600x402
>>68228994
Think he's the one who pozzed Aids Skrillex?
>>
>bakers cannot refuse to bake gay cakes
>landlords can refuse housing for political view

Now image if I wanted to rent out my house and said no muslims or gays.
>>
I support this. I am a fierce advocate for employer rights, you should be able to conduct business ANY WAY you want, as far as customers go. If you want to have a policy of no niggers or spics or fags, then you should have that option. You would lose a lot of customers and narrow your base, but if you want to do it, you can.

Trump supporters are vastly more likely to be productive members of society than Bernfags, so hope he enjoys having to hassle people for back rent.
>>
>>68231326
but see thats against the law
>>
>>68231473
Both are discrimination
>>
Reminder that discrimination against someone for their political views is unamerican.

The attitude of respecting opposing beliefs is gone. "I disagree, but I'll defend your right to say so" is gone.
>>
>>68230621
nice meme
>>
They have just given cake bakers their most powerful defense and potent tool.

>"Who are you voting for?"
>Bernie!
>"then Im sorry, we can't bake you a cake."
>>
File: 1454872445091.jpg (32 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1454872445091.jpg
32 KB, 540x360
>>68230939
The reality of the issue is that stupid decisions increase peoples' dependence on government and keep same-minded assholes in power, regardless of whether or not the result was intentional. Cultural Marxism is absolutely rampant in this country.

Decent Americans will continuously be displaced until their backs are against the wall and they start fighting back, which is exactly what we're seeing now.
>>
>>68230486
Kek. Seriously you could be in the clear legally for basically refusing to rent to nigs. I'm OK with that
>>
i bet that faggot is a section 8 landlord anyway. hope he enjoys his niggers and liberal degenerates
>>
File: 1458532512371.gif (3 MB, 320x205) Image search: [Google]
1458532512371.gif
3 MB, 320x205
I really hope Trump wins just so I can watch the fucking meltdown that ensues.

It's going to be great.
>>
File: image.jpg (336 KB, 960x719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336 KB, 960x719
>>68228994
So two faggots can sue a bakery for not making a flaming cock cake for their fairy wedding, but if I vote trump I can't have a place to live??

No wonder there's so many fucking shootings.
>>
>>68230826
They don't have to tell you their political affiliation

I personally support Trump, but pretend to Ruse for Cruz to my bible boss.
Face it, you have no power here
>>
>>68230056

because gays are saints and trump supporters are literally Hilters
>>
>>68231734

>Reminder that discrimination against someone for their political views is unamerican.

>The attitude of respecting opposing beliefs is gone. "I disagree, but I'll defend your right to say so" is gone.

The astonishing thing to me is that social displacement and other social displacements, only occurred in the last 8 years. Un-American social trend shift has been very rapid. Anti-American social views have displaced them. 8 years. That's all it took and now we're fighting for the last chance to keep American values.
>>
>>68230788
Checked

Though refusing to rent to people sounds like the opposite of profit desu
>>
>>68228994
Liberals are smart, intelligent, kind-hearted and wonderful.

>Richard Banville Jon Doe • 12 hours ago Who would want a Trump supporter as a tenant? They are too stupid to use a toilet, and would smear their feces all over the wall.

>whatthe46 Jon Doe • 13 hours ago since when is refusing service an arrest-able offense. it's a civil matter not a criminal matter. you low-info fool. secondly, he's not refusing "service" to anyone, he's protecting his property by NOT wanting to rent to anyone who has proven to be violent. ALL OF tRumps poorly uneducated idiots, that he so professes to love, are VIOLENT! the proof has been very well documented.
>>
>>68228994
>Buy all the houses in a neighborhood
>Rent only to people that can prove they registered republicans the last X amount of elections
I bet that would be a pretty nice neighborhood.
>>
Isn't this sort of discrimination unlawful in the US?
>>
File: 1456493189902.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456493189902.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>68232247
>The astonishing thing to me is that social displacement and other social displacements, only occurred in the last 8 years. Un-American social trend shift has been very rapid. Anti-American social views have displaced them. 8 years. That's all it took and now we're fighting for the last chance to keep American values.

Yeah, that's what tipped me off that something in society was fundamentally wrong. Our core values disintegrated. Now, people are openly calling for violence directed toward right wing Trump supporters, "safe spaces" where dissent and argumentation is prohibited, and the complete evisceration of free speech and privacy.

It all started with the gays though. 10 years ago, gay marriage was a joke. 5 years ago, it was a "pressing issue". Now, it's a reality with 70% approval from the general public. I don't give a shit about gays or their marriages, but I can recognize the forcing of social trends pretty easily and I'm worried that gay marriage was a test run for something much, much more unpalatable.
>>
>>68228994
I'm just curious to know if the opposite happened if it would be an issue in Denver, or if the authorities would have sided with the landlord.
>>
>implying anyone wants to live in an apartment complex full of niggers and coal burner bernie fags
>>
>>68232600
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>68228994
>not against the law
Don't rent to democrats, see what happens.
>>
>>68232600
In Minnesota landlords can't kick you out for having guns or ban guns in their apartments or houses that they're renting.

Not too sure about this.
>>
>>68232600
It shoupd be, but it is the good kind of discrimination, government approved discrimination.
>>
>>68228994

I completely understand where he's coming from.

I'd burn my rental properties down before renting to a nigger
>>
>>68229829
I agree, even as a Trump supporter. You can't support the right of a Christian business not doing business with Muslims or guys and not support what he is doing.
>>
>>68232693

It's Grand Junction. Hes pandering to the illegal Mexicans we have all over everywhere
>>
>>68232600
Please Holy Father, reconsider and support Trump!
>>
>>68233369
I'd deny a Muslim service...if legal. In the USA I'm almost CONFIDENT that discrimination of this source is illegal.
>>
>>68233438
But seriously, are you using Vatican wifi while posting from St. Peter's Basilica, Swiss Guard, or member of the Curia?
>>
>>68228994

But if you refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding, your business gets shut down.

That's social justice!

It never ceases to amaze me how many libs think social justice is far better than real justice, until they get old and ugly and lose their popularity, and suddenly they become the criminal "boomers" that are imprisoned for all the cool things they did as kids but are now "racist."
>>
>>68230056
Oh look, I haven't even finished my morning shit, and I have already read two articles that involve discrimination against my affiliations (white, male, Trump supporter)...
>>
>>68233766
What is the other one, anon?
>>
>>68232986
One of the great things about my state. We have very good laws relating o property ownership, and the rights that ou have in your own home. I just wish that they made your car an extension of your home. CD in my car, fuck niggers up.
>>
File: wong.jpg (105 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
wong.jpg
105 KB, 600x399
>>68230525
Sounds good. Make it so. (Obviously, you should only allow Trump supporters)
>>
>>68228994
He's breaking federal law and the newspaper is wrong. You're not allowed to discriminate for housing for any reason whatsoever, including political ideology.
>>
>>68231734
This, basically. But I'm not surprised. It's the same here, and we all know who we have to thank for it.

SJW leftist retards, who can't handle anyone disagreeing with them, and just fucking LOVE to censor people, and prevent any one else even having a say at all.

It would make a lot more sense to me if it WAS legal to discriminate against people based on gender, religion, race, homosexuality, etc. but NOT political views/alignments...

Because if anything ought to be genuinely sacred in a democracy, it's your right to agree/disagree with any politics you want.
>>
File: laughing girls.jpg (140 KB, 338x507) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.jpg
140 KB, 338x507
>>68228994
>renting to bernies
>>
>>68230525
In Florida, Muslims tired to sue a gun shop owner for refusing to sell weapons to Muslims. They used a discrimination clause and it had to go to trial.

If HUD's bullshit is actually to be believed, I, as a landlord, could go door to door asking people if they support Bernie or Hillary, and if they answer yes, I could evict all of them at once and this wouldn't be discrimination. Even if they're black or Hispanic or female.

Of course it's a violation of federal law and I'd get my ass sued.
>>
>>68228994
>"apartment"
C'mon, the only thing this guy is renting out are cucksheds.
>>
>>68230826
That sucks man, Esoecially if it's a blue collar job, we work hard as fuck. Have fun with a liberal demanding affirmative action and healthcare when you open your own business champ
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.