[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is alcohol degenerate? I've just come out of an intervention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 1272051486410.jpg (62 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
1272051486410.jpg
62 KB, 500x345
Is alcohol degenerate?

I've just come out of an intervention set-up by my roommates and my gf (of one week). Turns out they weren't happy with my drinking habit. I was doing a 700ml of scotch-whiskey and a six-pack of beer every day for the past three weeks because I was stressed out with work, but haven't had anything to drink the past three days.

I feel like going to a bar/pub after hearing all that sad shit.
>>
>>68227550
>700ml of scotch-whiskey and a six-pack of beer every day
That is way too much.
Literally anything over a sixpack a day is simply drug abuse, and even that's pretty unhealthy.
>>
File: 1456475730222.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1456475730222.gif
1 MB, 217x217
>>68227550

That is way too much alcohol, you are an alcoholic. You should feel sad because that is a serious amount.
>>
>>68227550

By the way, you know you are drinking too much when Finland and Estonia tell you you are...
>>
>>68227676
>>68227742
I've just closed a big account/contract at work had been doing about 13 hours a day at the office 6 days a week for the past month. Just haven't been able to sleep sober. I'm not going to do sleeping pills cause that can fuck you good.
>>
File: flower 009.jpg (119 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
flower 009.jpg
119 KB, 640x428
>>68227550
>>
>>68227835
Bahahahaahahahah oh too fucking true.
>>
>>68227550
How do the hangovers not murder you?
>>
>>68228052
Coffee, lots of it. Water too and a few toilet breaks.
>>
>>68227921
>I'm not going to do sleeping pills cause that can fuck you good.
And instead you went with alcohol?!

Try cannabis/hash if princess is so scared of evil big pharma jew pills
>>
>>68228121
Don't want to get fucked with weed because work has strict anti-drug policy (ie; losing my job). Alcohol is exempted though, since pretty much all of my colleagues drink during the week.
>>
File: EsUvvf5.png (34 KB, 717x664) Image search: [Google]
EsUvvf5.png
34 KB, 717x664
>>68227921

Dude, alcohol ruins your sleeping pattern. People think it works as a night cap, but it actually is the reverse. If I were you I'd smoke weed or take a combo of vitamins before bedtime: 5-HTP, B- complex and a melatonin will sort you out cunt.

Try eating well.

Jesus.
>>
>>68228088
If I drink 2 bottles of wine and a few beers I'm vomiting stomach bile all day the next day and can't eat anything. I envy you.
>>
Smoke durries
>>
>>68228287
Well weed is getting legalized here, but still need to talk to HR about it. I mostly do office work now (yay p-p-p-promotions) but I still get on-site to meet clients (hardhats etc.).

>>68228311
Eh, I've been drinking since I was 9 so I guess I have a good tolerance for the stuff.
>>
>>68228435

> since 9
>>
>>68228566
I still remember it. It was a can of West End Draught that was left over from a party the night before (I think it was just pre-drinks at dad's). It was warm and disgusting (can't drink Aussie beer warm) but I still downed it.

Copped a decent whooping when my parents found me drunk in the backyard though.
>>
>>68227550
that is serious alcoholism and it will eventually drive everyone you love to leave you or hate you if you keep up your bottle of whisky and 6 pack a day.

not only that but it's certainly not good for your health either.

Find other ways to unwind in the evening that don't involve nearly giving yourself alcohol poisoning, like reading a book, going for a walk, meditating, doing something with your gf.
>>
>>68228435
>since I was 9 so I guess
explains loads about aussie posters desu
>>
>>68227676
Where is your gif?
Did you lose it?
>>
>>68228712
Like I said, I've been sober for the past three days. I've been sleeping well again since I closed that last fucking account.

But since the meeting this evening, I feel like I need a drink to get some shut-eye.
>>
>>68227676
>>68228739
>>
>>68228855
Why did you take Estonia's only gif, you leaf?
>>
>>68228801
If you really can't fight the urge to have a drink, then you have a problem. You should try abstaining for as long as you can, learn to cope without alcohol, don't use it as your sole stress relief.
>>
>>68228855
EIDF detected
>>
>>68228801

People use alcohol as a crutch and blame other people as to why they want to drink. Alcoholics do that. Just stop drinking senpai and get some hobbies and be a fucking man. You'll soon look back on this and laugh.
>>
>>68229149
>>68228972
It's only been this stressful month or so I've forced myself to drink to sleep. Now that it's mostly behind me, I feel like I can function like a normal human bean again.

But still, I think I need a drink after that intervention.
>>
>>68229250

>I was drinking too much
>My flatmate and gf held an intervention for me
>Boy that intervention was sad, better go have a drink!

please tell me you see the irony in this
>>
>>68229543
I've definitely seen that in a sketch show
>>
Fuck, maybe I need a holiday. I need to get away from everyone for a while.
>>
Bruh, I get that you're an aussie and you cunts love to drink, but the amount you're hammering down signifies a legitimate problem.

You can't use the booze to deal with the stress. All you're doing is killing your liver. Listen to your roommates and back it off. Don't drink for a month or so and see if you crave it. If you do, you got problems, nigga. Find other ways to deal with your stress, like working out, focusing on a hobby, or just shooting the shit with your friends.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.