[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great idea for a /pol/ game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: TrumpWall.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TrumpWall.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
While I thought I'd never touch Roblox again, it's perfect for programming an America VS Mexico border defence game.
Who's in?
>>
File: TrumpWallAbove.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TrumpWallAbove.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Also, OP image is fresh OC, if anyone has suggestions on improvements.
>>
Where are the spikes ?
Also showers would make a good job at fending off mexicans
>>
>>68215644
Needs more barbed wire, guard towers, sentry guns, minefield, another wall, and the heads of a million mexicans on pikes in front of the whole thing, on the Mexican side.
>>
>>68216769
>>68216868
Why do you think I want to make a game about it?
Roblox is a great game engine for allowing the players to build things ingame.
It'd be like, the defenders can build a wall with defences, while the Mexicans can build vehicles and contraptions to try and get them over/through/under the wall.
>>
>>68216988
I absolutely don't know this game. Guess I have to join your game senpai.
>>
>>68217162
Quick warning:
Roblox is a game for little kids, I'd say the average age might be 10 or under.
Also, all the games in it suck.
It's a pretty crappy experience.

But the games sucking isn't because the engine is bad, it's actually a really great engine for making simple yet fun games. It's just a lack of creativity and programming skill that's the issue.
I'd probably have started making the Trump Wall game in it if I knew Lua.
>>
not tall enough
>>
Bump ,it interests me. I'm trying to get used to the dev tools. Any progress OP ?
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>68215644
I would rather play merchant simulator
>>
>>68215644
Great idea.

When it's finished someone make a Bernie Skin for the game.

Just change the destination to Mexico and the browns flooding the border to whites
>>
>>68218335
Or how about a zombie wave game ? We could play coop
>>
>>68215644
>tfw love playing Age of Empires 2 only because I love building walls around my city
>>
>>68218551
>TFW every strategy game started to get rid of walls
>>
File: 1456453847211.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1456453847211.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>68216610
>those T joints
>>
>>68218606
I know, right?
There's nothing better than securing your Reich with walls and towers.
>>
>>68217500
>do render of this
>close Blender when done
>realise I forgot to save it
FUCK

>>68218160
No progress, I've only dabbled in Roblox programming and that was long ago.
I could figure out some kind of octree algorithm suited to Roblox though if needed.

>>68218335
Change the destintaion to Mexico?
What destination?
The way Roblox works is that you make a game which you can customise everything about, except with 3 limitations:
>you can't upload custom 3D models
>textures are moderated
>sound is also moderated and costs "Robux" to upload
>>
Are you supposed to be able to uppgade the wall during the game or is that out of player control?
Like buying a shark infested moat.
>>
File: 1453198302085.png (297 KB, 568x381) Image search: [Google]
1453198302085.png
297 KB, 568x381
>>68215644
>>68193724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2FAm3owySE

Spread Alt-Right Media!

/pol/'s influence only spreads to normies by getting its message out there.

Spread videos similar to the one linked, sub to the channel, etc.

Get Trump elected and expand our influence!!!

Also, I was THINKING of making a strategy title involving RIGHT WING DEATH SQUADS having to incite a grassroots movement to kick the muzzies out of Europe
>>
>>68218808
It would be freebuild, using Roblox's default ingame build tools (Brick move, brick clone, brick scale) as well as providing an extra tool to spawn things in so that you don't have to clone the brick you want then carry it to where you need.
Also the tool to spawn things in would be needed for things that aren't basic blocks, such as a turret mount. Turret mounts and other such things would be possible to customise too by the way, and tools already exist to allow the player to group a bunch of blocks into a model then spawn that model later all ingame, so that if Mexicans destroy a turret you worked hard on it's not lost effort.
>>
>>68219204
doesn't Roblox have like a custom editor to do all that yourself? or do you need to know all the Dev shit for all that?
>>
>>68219204
Couldn't we do some sort of labyrinth in a TD style ? Where mexicans players have some way to defend themselves and use covers etc
>>
>>68219283
Knowing the dev stuff is ideal, because there's neat things that Roblox won't provide.
For example, Roblox by default won't have a large block get broken into smaller ones if you hit it with an explosive, even though the engine allows for it very easily, though you'd need to understand how to do matrix math in Lua.

>>68219302
My idea is that the game could allow such things to develop naturally. A player on the wall defender side will want to see someone attempt to go through their traps, but it's not tempting to try assault a big strong wall, however a dungeon built into the wall would be appealing.
>>
File: brutalhatespeech.jpg (44 KB, 570x600) Image search: [Google]
brutalhatespeech.jpg
44 KB, 570x600
played this game every other day since around 2010. met half of my good internet friends there. most of the community is cancer, and moderation is very tight. with the exception of allowing lgbt poop dicks to prey on kids / asking for skype calls in example:

http://www.roblox.com/groups/group.aspx?gid=494936

link to the place you're developing?
>>
>>68220594
Haven't started yet.
And I suppose one would have to be cautious about making sure a Trump Wall game doesn't appear to be hate speech.
Maybe just name the game "Trump Wall" and leave it up to imagination what the invaders are?
>>
>>68219581
Hum okay I thought about something more match based ,like a SC2 mod where we could bring 8 people and have a match/coop
>>68220955
As long as we don't have any racial slurs it should be good enough. At worst just back up and we can censor what would be the problem
>>
>ctrl+f lava
>0 results

C'mon now
>>
Started making some wall to test the dev kits. Looks like we can do some pretty cool thing
>>
>>68215644
please link when done
>>
>>68221179
Match based doesn't do good for creativity.
The idea here is to give players time to make their crazy things to defend the wall or get past it.
I'm not quite sure how Roblox server stuff works, but it might be possible to have the multiplayer work in such a way that there's only one wall which is split across multiple servers, and thus you can walk into a different server.

>>68221304
That gives me a good idea, if terrain damage is allowed using a block splitting algorithm in mind, I might as well have magma beneath the terrain.

>>68221352
If you're wanting to learn more about the capabilities of Roblox as a game engine, check out: http://www.roblox.com/games/10705224/Build-Your-Own-Mech-Read-Description
The game certainly isn't as good as it makes itself out to be, but it has the ingame build tools I'm talking about that could be perfect for a Trump Wall game.
>>
Going to bed now, if anyone wants to continue the discussion later but the thread is dead, I'm sure it can be restarted.
And I'll read the archived thread when I wake up if anyone wants to contact me like that.

>>68221488
If you're so eager to play a Trump vs Mexico game, someone staying in the thread could make a really simple mockup in a few hours, and a bunch of /pol/edancers could be invited for a shitty roleplay.
I'm looking towards something more elaborate, but I can't deny that just a bunch of /pol/edancers screwing around in a cheaply made game sounds like my idea of a good time!
>>
I'm having way too much fun

>>68221982
What's your Roblox name m8
>>
from experience on roblox i honestly think the moderators are too cucked to allow this,
you'd probably have to make it invite only.
without referencing trump, borders or america probably.

average roblox user
http://www.roblox.com/users/43295792/profile
>>
>>68222190
Complexo
I either look like V because muh dank 4chan memes, or I look like a Reindeer.

>>68222473
We have to make sure we're against illegals and not Mexicans.
When choosing who you'll play as, being able to play as a legal immigrant should be an option.
>>
>>68218871
i don't get this moonman thing
>>
>>68223147
educate yourself Mohammed
>>
>>68223147
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZJAAanpN4
>>
>>68223273
i know that shit but why the mc donalds moonman figure?
>>
>>68215644
I wish RTB was still a thing. Fuck Roblox.
>>
>>68217292
>>68217162
>>68216988
>>68216868
>>68215644

roblox would be 10 x more playable if they just had better player models, they look awful as they exist currently.
>>
>>68223844
The wall has fallen. Illegal aliens are in.
>>
>>68218871
>alt-right
>wide tent that allows gays and other degenerate fucks
N...no thanks. Why do you think the Tea party&Libertarian movement went to shit?
>>
This sounds like a cool thing that will never ever happen
>>
File: t6.jpg (286 KB, 666x999) Image search: [Google]
t6.jpg
286 KB, 666x999
>>68215644
>>68216769
>>68216988
>>68217500
>>68218808
>>68221488
>>68223844
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.