[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been a libertarian for a very long time now, but the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1457563883885.jpg (671 KB, 1842x1288) Image search: [Google]
1457563883885.jpg
671 KB, 1842x1288
I've been a libertarian for a very long time now, but the older I get I have noticed my views have shifted to more and more extreme nationalism.
Why is this happening?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Desperate times call for desperate measures. As the society continues to pull further and further to the left, it is inevitable that the right will expand and radicalize as well. That is what is forming our counter-culture.

You see national borders and culture degenerating, and desire a solution, even if it involves compromising your principles.

Same story as those indians who used to eat nothing but rabbit, and became so starved for fat they would eat lard when it was traded to them.

We're overcompensating for emergency.
>>
>>68203134
the state of current affairs, and the rapid push of extreme leftism, it is the only natural reaction to the nonsense being pushed. I went from moderate left I guess, to now accepting full NatSoc if it stops the bullshit.
>>
>>68203426
>>68203271

Seeing how radicalized the left is and the absolute nonense they are spewing, I just don't think they can make there own decisions. It sounds really scary to hear myself say/think, but it's true.
>>
>>68203642
Oh calm down. Its not about whether you think they can run their own lives, its about whether you think they can run the country.

There is absolutely no contradiction between wanting a powerful ethnic nation-state, AND wanting government to stay within certain bounds and protect liberties to maintain legitimacy.

The Liberals are free to be liberals till the cows come home, the problem is that they are trying to force their agenda on everyone else through the media, through shaming tactics, through the colleges, etc.

They're the ones being counter to liberty, not us.
>>
>>68203813
That is more what I meant. Political decisions. I don't think they know what is best for themselves and the rest of the country.

I can't remember who said it, but it goes something like, "The best argument against democracy is a conversation with the average voter".

It just seems like there is a bunch of brainwashing going on and when I look around it is kinda scary. I'm all about individual liberty, but what do you do if most of the populace wants to shackle themselves?
>>
>>68203134

Because we realize there is a time and place for our libertarian ideals, and being in the middle of a culture war and struggling against globalists is not the time to do so.

Winning the culture war in the end is beneficial to us so that in that free culture, libertarian ideals may thrive.
>>
>>68204163

>when the population wants to shackle themselves?

Freedom is a burden to those that can't handle it. Which is why a lot of people want to get rid of it. Which means we have to go slightly authoritarian in the short run in order to protect our gracious liberties in the long run.
>>
>>68203134
>>68203426
Im gonna agree with this. I used to be pretty moderate/left leaning, but the left has gone soo far to the left that its completely shifted the spectrum, and most people would view me as a conservative/right leaning at this point with very few changes to my core beliefs and principles, gun issue and national pride issues not withstanding.
>>
>>68203134
You realized 99% of the planet is retarded, and libertarianism doesn't work with retards. Or jews for that matter.
>>
>>68203134
Your life is unfulfilling and you're trying to solve it by inflating you sense of belonging, it's spilling into your political rationalizations.
>>
>>68203134
libertarian is unsustainable without a bit of nationalism.
>extreme nationalism
you're going to far though.
>>
>>68203134
You're probably a National Libertarian. Which is to say, you want your borders protected and value your nation's freedom enough to not want a hoard of immigrants to come in and vote full-blown commie a la South Africa.

Fuck the rest of the world, you want a government that projects strength outward, while leaving its people the fuck alone outside of its powerful military.

That's how I am.
>>
>>68208297
So if an American who lives near the border wants to invite a Mexican onto his private property to fix up his prolapsing cows, the state will use violence to stop it from happening.

>Libertarian :^)
>>
>>68208645
Violence towards the person who enters the country without the government's permission, yes.
>>
>>68203134
>I literally haven't paid attention to the health care debate until this year

You realize that the single-payer medicare for all system is not a new proposal, right?
>>
>>68204426
Lol, the right did this from the 80's to the tea party. Your pendulum needs some left. What I have learned, if you are a moderate the other side will just shift the political spectrum and if that happens again we are bordering on fascism to the moderate right.
>>
>>68203642
>How radicalized the left is
Most of the left is practically center right now. It's the right that's pulling harder and harder in their direction. The left only looks radical because it seeks progress against an opposite that isn't just trying to lock things in, but set us back.
>>
>>68203134
In youth, you see the world through rosetinted glasses but as you grow older the bright colours fade and with it naivety.
You realise that people can't get along as a result of different religion, ideologies and cultur.
Time and time again this has been proven in history but someone always think that "maybe, maybe this time things will be different, just maybe we can unite and end the worlds problems" but it never works as intended. Someone will always seek to dominate the other, to eradicate the others beliefs and establish their own as the one true mindset and culture.
Youth can't understand this fact, at least not until the damage is done.
Time will pass and the world will be set aflame once again.
Hopefully we will rise and ensure that our nations will be rebuilt from the ashes, and theirs simply scatter in the winds of forgotten time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.