[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11
In the late 80s and early 90s everyone was talking about how Japan could be the next superpower. Then their economy went to shit has never really recovered.

What went wrong /pol/?
>>
>>68200728
keynesianism extreme mode.
>>
China's emergence.
>>
>>68200728
Moe shit
>>
>>68200728

They have fuck all for national resources and Korea and Taiwan started competing (later China).
>>
Didn't they not want to let certain companies fail? Their gov. kept many of them propt up. Traditions and sheeeeiiiit.
>>
lack of immigration

USA would have negative growth too if it weren't for immigration
>>
>>68200728
their culture, especially with education, was shit and eventually caught up with them

quantity over quality

teach children to memorize instead of critically think

looking busy is more important than being busy

then expect success when you take these same kids and adults and make them work till they commit suicide

>"Oh no, why is our economy stagnant?!"

Because your culture is stagnant
>>
>>68202530
Cultures stagnate when they don't accept immigrants
>>
>>68202666
>Oy Vey dilute your culture
>>
Japan is still an economical super power. They have a monopoly a near monopoly in the technology center. Only some US companies can complete with them like Apple and Microsoft

Plus the chart is percent compared to the US economy
>>
>>68202753
They don't innovate in any meaningful way though, like at all, and that's kinda important in the tech sector. Only thing off the top of my head that was a major innovation from Japan was flash memory.
>>
>>68200728
What about just a chart of Japan's per capita GDP growth. I bet it's still pretty good.

What year does this chart go to?

It's also slightly skewed because I mean Japan made huge gains against the US from the 60s still they peaked in 95.
>>
>>68202666
or they could just have more kids. rich people rarely do tho.
>>
>>68202666
>t. schlomo shekelstein
>>
>>68203089
it's their education, they aren't taught to critically think at all. That's all asian countries though, no idea why
>>
>>68203089
Forgot to add that they're quite innovative in video games, but I consider that to be more entertainment than tech
>>
>>68202666
>>68202703
>>68203273

http://vocaroo.com/i/s04ci07TVwqZ
>>
They stopped having sex and got old.
>>
>>68202530
Except Japan makes some of the best products in the world. How can you say they don't critically think? The only American car company that isn't total shit tier is ford.
>>
>>68200728
Korea and China stepped their shit up.
>>
>>68203644
How many Japanese cars are actually made in Japan these days? in our house we have 2 Nissan cars and both are made in U.S
>>
>>68203823
Japan has more car factories in America than in Japan because all those bullet trains means you don't need much cars in Japan.

Japanese people also like to walk and everything convenient is nearby unless you live in the countryside.

I believe in Asia, bikes and mopeds are way more popular than 4 passenger cars.
>>
File: 1436388842630.jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1436388842630.jpg
7 KB, 229x220
>>68200728

Because they stopped having children and didn't increase immigration to compensate. It's the oldest country in the world. When most of your country is retiring, of course your economic outlook is going to be negative.
>>
>>68200922
I think it's basically this.

It's the same picture china is going to have in 20 years.

Government overspends beyond the capacity of its country. Boom in the short term, but ultimately leads to a big bust.
>>
>>68203823
They still produce tons of cars for themselves. A lot of companies manufacture all over the world, the difference is that the lucrative engineering jobs are all in japan.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 580x870) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 580x870
>>68200728
anime
>>
>>68204140
>is that the lucrative engineering jobs are all in japan.

Actually no, Toyota for example has big engineering divisions in North America and Europe and the techstream tester system was completely designed and engineered by the USA branch
>>
>>68204140
Also Japanese engineers make shit money compared to their foreign counterparts
>>
>>68200728
>>68200922
Wrong they flatlined because their population is so low. They need more people.
>>
>>68204140
Honda Civic was developed here senpai. They use our engineers for their designs.
>>
Aging population, plus a culture that not only does not reward innovation, it stamps it out.
>>
>>68200728
anime
>>
>>68200728

Keynesian economics destroys wealthy nations.
>>
>>68200728
Keynes.
Korea then China started giving real competition.
Low innovation and bizarre work culture.
Keynes.
>>
>>68204857
>rusty railing
Cute as fuck
>>
Its simple. The population got old due to less and less babies born. When workforce starts to decline the economy goes to shit.
>>
>>68200728
Anime destroyed them.
>>
>>68200728

>What went wrong /pol/?

birth rates

btw china lifted the one child policy recently (now it's two)
>>
First off they need to open their boarders to some foreigners and stop living in isolationist era Japan. Japan though, besides the tech and auto industries doesn't have much to offer...even to themselves. China next door is a CEO's wet dream with dirt cheap labor, a booming economy, and fully opened trading society.
>>
File: BillyHerringtonLaugh.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
BillyHerringtonLaugh.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>>68200728
>tfw United States GDP per capita is now 170% that of Japan.
>>
>>68203089

they are waiting for the robotics boom

playing the long game
>>
>>68204537
I actually just looked it up. They have 5 not engineering divisions in japan and only 2 in the states. I couldn't get expenditure by country, but it seems from their publicly available financial statements that they still do most of their design in japan. Although they have R&D divisions setup across the world.
>>
>>68204940
>>68204118
What the fuck?
>>
Japan was becoming more powerful than america so the american sabotaged the japanese economy with the Plaza accords which forced the yen to go up and usd down, making japanese exports uncompetitive. To fix the economy the japanese central bank created a credit bubble which then blew up, making the situation worse.

tldr: america killed japan
>>
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 1280x960
It has been steady. Nothing went wrong.
>>
File: JackBlackKingKong.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
JackBlackKingKong.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>68205905
It wasn't the nukes. It was inflation killed the nips.
>>
>>68205636
Most of the design is done in Japan but if you want to be a well paid Toyota engineer you would be better off going to work for TEMA in Kentucky than getting a pleb job at TMC and slowly plodding your way up the pay ladder decade by decade
>>
>>68206103
But also nothing went right
>>
File: singlefact.jpg (7 KB, 207x253) Image search: [Google]
singlefact.jpg
7 KB, 207x253
>>68205905
>>
>>68200728
Shamefur dispray, became hikikomori
>>
>>68206103
those dudes look badass. very stylish
>>
It has nothing to do with needing to increase immigrants don't be retarded. Japan's population is fine, contrary to popular leftist belief, less immigration and a low birth rate is good for a country, an obsession with growth is meaningless.

The truth is, they had a bubble economy that burst mostly do to housing and lending issues, and they never quiet recovered, keep in mind they went through the same recession as America.

All Japan needs is to get its youth into leadership positions, since all the old suits are incapable of making good decisions and keep fucking their economy up with retarded lobbying. Japs live forever.

Source, I live here.
>>
Anime
>>
>>68206234
Google plaza accords and japanese credit bubble.

American industry was dying, american car companies going out of business so america waged evonomic warfare against nippon.
>>
>>68206382
So how are the pension and healthcare problems going to be fixed?
>>
File: seagull.jpg (111 KB, 1115x720) Image search: [Google]
seagull.jpg
111 KB, 1115x720
>>68206382
>low birth rate is good for a country

t. Soros
>>
>>68206382
I'm thinking of visiting Japan. Do the japanese dislike Maplebros?
>>
File: 1458543804450.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458543804450.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
>>68200728
Japanese are related to peruvians genetically.

THE PERUVIAN: DURING
HIS CHILDHOOD HE'S FORCED
TO MILK GOATS, COWS... CLEAN BARNS
"THE PERUVIAN" "SOWS" POTATOES, ONIONS" AND HE DOES AGRICULTURAL WORK!!
the PERUVIAN DOESN'T BATHE, DOESN'T STUDY,
DOESN'T GO TO SCHOOL, DOESN'T GO TO UNIVERSITY. HE'S A THICK IGNORANT, CLOSED,
BRUTE, STUPID, PROFANE, DISGUSTING

WHAT IS PERUVIAN IN LATIN???

*``INDIUS HEDIONDUS MONUS``

HOW TO RECOGNIZE A PERUVIAN IS THE EASIEST THING, HERE WE LIST SOME OF THEIR CHARACTERISTICS

0- THEY'RE UGLY, HORRIBLE, ABYECT, INSIGNIFICANT... HEINOUS
1- THEY'RE BROWN, THE COLOUR OF POOP, SIMILAR TO COPPER, RESEMBLING TURDS
2- THEY'RE DRWAVES, 1,50 TO 1,60, LIKE ANDEAN GNOMES
3- THEIR LEGS ARE SHORT, BOW-LEGGED, TRUE ABOMINATIONS OF NATURE
4- THEY DON'T HAVE ASSES, NOT THE MEN NOR THE WOMEN
5- THEY DON'T HAVE NECK, THEY RESEMBLE WORMS WITH MUD
6- THEY HAVE HUGE NOSES LIKE CONDORS OR TUCANS
7- THEIR EARS ARE HUGE, EVEN THE SPANISH CALLED THEM THAT
8- THEY'RE LIKE CHINESE AND THEY DON'T HAVE EYELIDS
9- THEY HAVE PROTRUDING CHEEKBONES
10- THEIR FACES ARE ROUND AND BLOATED, THESE GUANACO FACE
>>
>>68206636
Not any more or less than they dislike other things such as hornets, ingrown toenails and mild food poisoning.
>>
>>68206557
Higher consumption tax, please look forward to it :^)
>>
>>68200728
The UN decided it couldn't have a nation that promotes violence against women via cartoons to become a superpower so they conspired against Japan.
>>
>>68206966
Hearty chuckle.

Oh Japan, the Jew truly fears the Samurai.
>>
>>68207151
>Oh Japan, the Jew truly fears the Samurai.

No we don't. Japs are a bunch of fags.
>>
>>68200994
the bubble popped before major free market reforms in china.

>chink detected
>>
>>68207237
How does it feel to be a Jew? How do you feel about Islam creeping everywhere?
>>
>>68207041
I was surprised how much more expensive the jump to 8% made everything.
It seemed like it wasn't much but it was.
Of course it doesn't help that milk, etc. has been slowly and steadily increasing in price over the years, when I first came here a liter of milk was around 100 yen and now I feel lucky when I find one for less than 250
>>
>>68207364
Believe it or not, most of us love Western civilization and want to do whatever we can to stop the Islamic horde. It's fuckfaces like Noel Ignatiev and Susan Sontag who are giving Jews a bad name.
>>
File: p004_i002e.jpg (1 MB, 1320x2516) Image search: [Google]
p004_i002e.jpg
1 MB, 1320x2516
Pic related happened creating Asukafags who gave up on 3D. Just look at moot.
>>
>>68200728

Wages have only risen by 0,55% in Japan since 1995. Here you go.
>>
>>68202161

Yeah, it's this. State capitalism went too far, like some other countries we could mention.
>>
>>68200728
Vitamin D deprivation as our world became a place of living and working mostly indoors and spending most of our spare time indoors. Especially with the rise of computers, the internet, games consoles. Western world also got affected by it, but not as much because we have paler skin so we're uptaking more vit D with less sunlight exposure. Americans didn't get affected as much because they're actually on the same level of the equator as mid/southern europe.

I shit you not. Studies done in Scandinavia years ago on Somali immigrant communities who were experiencing autism epidemics linked it directly to them being vitamin D deprived. It has all sorts of affects on behaviour, but in /pol/s terms, basically people turn into cucks.
>>
>>68202530

Nigger all of your animu, mongo, and vidya gaems are from Japan. And let's not forget what this board was designed for.
>>
>>68204688
no.
>>
>>68207473
>Asukafags

May they burn in hell, or tang.
>>
>>68203089
...as if Americans were great at critical thinking.
>>
>>68202530
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>68203089
They're world leaders in robotics
>>
>>68207452
Fuck all of you.
>>
>>68202666
keked and checked
>>
Watch princes of the yen
>>
>>68200728
Like the fall of all great countries, leftists.
More and more money for increasing benefits in turn making the economy shit which kills fertility
>>
>>68200728

being goyim

the jew fears the samurai
>>
All the people saying Keynesian economics is to blame, can you explain to me why quickly? I tried googling it but it's all just economic theory.
>>
They focus more on saving money rather than investing to get more.
>>
Tomáš Sedláček czech economist said:
Japan is so high end, that it cant grow any higher.
(when you have two tablets, you really dont need a third one)
That means, that Japan doesnt grow anymore and it appears that is going to shit, which in reality is just 0world country
>>
>>68200728
Same thing as what happened in the US in 2008; the housing bubble burst and too many people were overextended financially.
>>
>>68205905
>in before joos
>>
>>68211635
>critical thinking
First of all, they're not bad. Second of all, innovation is different than critical thinking.

Asians really lack in creativity. I think it's a cultural thing.
>>
I kinda believe what happened is their economy changed rapidly but it didn't diversify enough to handle changes in the market. For example Japan is known for fishing, vehicles and tech but as neighborhooring countries began to also produce those same goods and services Japan became left out and a trade deficit occurred when they couldnt adjust. America and Canada didn't face that problem because we were a bigger and had more resources and states for people to immigrate to when local economies changed over the years. My parents and I have moved from SC to PA, and now to Indiana, but in Japan you cant do that because it's a smaller land mass. Combine that with money printing and population and demographic changed over the years and you end up with stagnation. I firmly believe America and Canada are likely to face the same problems as Japan in the future and by that I mean a working homeless class of citizens. Because you can own property in different states it is likely that people in CA and NYC will invest in property in other states because they will have the income to do so and create a higher cost of living for those people who live in the States as we move on. I think what we are seeing are the final stages of capitalism where the rich compete with each other for the control of all the resources. This is by design and created by the government to break down our liberties. Farmering was a family oriented field until the government stepped in and started subsidizing then and created factory farming. Tldr; were all fuck in about 5 to 29 years
>>
>>68207151
>the Jew truly fears the Samurai.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_settlement_in_the_Japanese_Empire#Japan.27s_support_of_Zionism
>>
Jesus Christ, pol confirmed for fucking retarded.

>>68206382
that's the answer, fyi, retards. What on earth am i reading here on the rest ofr this thread.
>>
>>68200728
>Japan experiences a boom
>Starts borrowing massively to fund ridiculous growth expecting good times to last forever
>China sets up special economic zone to experiment with capitalism
>It takes off in a big way thanks to cheap labour
>Business moves to China
>Japan gets cucked something fierce
>Left holding a big bag of unfunded liabilities
>shit be fucked
The moral of the story is: future trading is a gamble, betting your entire economy on it is madness.
>>
>>68213592
The difference is the US got back up on its feet and has had decent growth in the past few years. Whereas Japan has mostly been stagnant for two decades.
>>
>>68214438
creative thinking has never been valued in asian culture.

thousands of years of Confucianism has taught the populace to obey, follow, and to know their place in society. It has always about studying hard and getting the best scores, not creativity. Even art and music is streamlined and laden with rules. This is also why asians are really comfortable in things like maths.

not saying its a good or bad thing, just different values. In return the east has very little degenerate hippies and other anti-societal ideas.
>>
>>68212309
how can i made japan great again? europe is lost...

i'm a traditional engineer

know basics of painting like ancestors
know blacksmithing grandpa teach me
know basics of sculpturing old school way
eat clean workout all days

can i into japan?
>>
I need Japon to keep stay low so I can afford more animus.
>>
>>68204688
>>What is an anachronism?
>>
>>68215994
Nogro Japan is in bad shape at all levels and is rapidly becoming noncompetitive globally. This is due to many problems, and immigration is certainly not the answer, but don't pretend the problems don't exist
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.