[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled, did he earn the Nobel Peace Prize?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
So now that the dust has settled, did he earn the Nobel Peace Prize?
>>
Without a doubt.
>>
holy shit jesus fucking christ no
i don't even actively dislike him, but this was a fucking sick joke
>>
Yes, invading Libya with NATO and not closing Guantanamo are just more proof of his deserving a nobel PEACE prize.
>>
Of course he deserves it. He's the first black man to not have had a chimpout
>>
>>68198198
>australia
>>
Remind me again, what was the supposed reason he got the award?
>>
>>68198125
of course he did, he's the best president this country has had since FDR
>>
>>68198508
>>68198508
We wuz doves n sheeeit
>>
he looks like he knows he doesn't deserve it either
>>
>>68198508

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."
>>
File: Riiight.gif (2 MB, 412x229) Image search: [Google]
Riiight.gif
2 MB, 412x229
>>68198719
>>
>>68198125
Maybe after he drone bombs a few more hospitals.
>>
>>68198125
If Trump wins doesn't he deserve one for such a hard fought unpredictable win against all odds?
>>
>>68198719
is this globalism?
>>
I'm a huge Obama fan, and even though I agree with his tactics in doing so, doesn't being the de facto GOAT terrorist hunter via merciless drone strikes forfeit your eligibility for an award with the word "peace" in it?
>>
File: 1448738832882.jpg (220 KB, 1366x2048) Image search: [Google]
1448738832882.jpg
220 KB, 1366x2048
>>68198125
I don't know, you tell me.

>Bombed more countries than any president since WWll
>Allowing the spread of ISIS
>Didn't close GITMO
>Authorized first killing of a U.S. citizen without any form of trial or apprehension attempt.
>Gave 150 billion dollars to a hostile country who is working on ballistic missiles and nuclear programs
>Built a medical care system that cost far more than expected with extremely poor satisfaction and results.
>Brought about racial divison by calling Trayvon Martin his son
>>
Nobel Prize is an award show. Award shows in the past decade have to have a "scandal" every time in order to stay relevant.

>Kanye/Swift incident
>every MTV music award since then
>#Oscarsowhite

This was the nobel's version of that. It's a publicity "scandal" with an air of class.
>>
>our assessment that while we could inflict some damage on Assad, we could not, through a missile strike, eliminate the chemical weapons themselves, and what I would then face was the prospect of Assad having survived the strike and claiming he had successfully defied the United States, that the United States had acted unlawfully in the absence of a UN mandate, and that that would have potentially strengthened his hand rather than weakened it.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/the-obama-doctrine/471525/

Obama sees not bombing Syria as an act deserving of the Nobel
>>
>>68199149
Why would bombing the country which he helped build and where he has honorary citizenship (ISIS) be peaceful?
>>
>>68199149

>Obama sees not bombing Syria as an act deserving of the Nobel

He never said anything like that, which you would know if you read the article. He cites that moment as a triumph because in his mind it marked a turning point in American foreign policy by rejecting what's known as the "Washington Playbook". Basically he managed to achieve the ends (chemical weapons removed from Syria) without the traditional, costly means (military engagement).
>>
>>68198198
First post, best post.
>>
>>68198125
Generally you earn a prize after doing something, not before
>>
>>68199024
Yea
>>
>>68199503
Racist
>>
>>68199371
uh I listened to an interview with Jeffery Goldberg about the article and it sounded like he was making the point that Obama said not bombing Syria was his Nobel moment so I looked up the article and tried to find evidence for it without reading the whole thing because that would take forever
>>
>>68198125
That biblical prophecy, literally. Fuck
>>
File: Osmabo.gif (512 KB, 324x574) Image search: [Google]
Osmabo.gif
512 KB, 324x574
>>
>>68199371
>>68199149

Shouldn't the lady who asked this question, which leds to Kerry's gaffe-that-became-policy be awarded the Nobel Peace prize?

https://youtu.be/ArAWHxTVcC4
>>
>>68198125
Probably not. They give those things out to everybody these days. I'm pretty sure Merkel got one too.
>>
>>68198125
Obama is symbolic of the end of our Middle East adventurism. I don't think any American will support war in the Middle East again unless some big shit goes down.

But Obama didn't really change the minds of Americans, he was just in the right place at the right time.

That Peace Prize belongs to the American people themselves.
>>
>>68198387
I'd say we double the current amount of people in guantanamo.
>>
File: 1457518418863.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1457518418863.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>68198125
Yep sure as much as Angela Merkel with her politics.
>>
>>68199866
>bombed Pakistan
>impotent threats against Syria and Iraq
>Afghanistan

>ended middle eastern conflict

Epic
>>
>>68198125
>Send drones to kill middle-eastern children
>Win Nobel peace prize
That only after a few months being in office.
>>
>>68199866
But it sure started your adventurism in North Africa with Lybia and if you haven't noticed it's at civil war right now.

Oh and remember boko haram? Yeah you did shit there too.
>>
>>68200121
>>68199985
My apologies for that, Americans only consider "war" as something that ends up in American casualties. In that sense Obama's pretty peaceful.
>>
>>68198415
half black
>>
>>68198125
> sign a treaty that makes Iran not fear us anymore so they can trade oil with the euro instead of the US dollar, get an award for being black.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.