[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, I have just been asked to move out of my rental house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
Hey /pol/, I have just been asked to move out of my rental house in Memphis, TN because my #FEELTHEBERN house mates recently found out that I "unironically" attended the Trump rally in Millington last month. Their unique relationship with my landlord has afforded them the power to serve me with a 30 day notice to vacate. I've accepted this and am moving on. I have a steady job as a software developer and am not concerned about being able to make a deposit at a new house or apartment, but 30 days isn't really much time to find a new place. Not even sure where I would find "Trump-friendly" room/housemates. Sleeping in my car for awhile isn't a great option given the city I'm in. Has anyone been in this situation that can give me some pointers on how to not get #berned again? Not looking for handouts, just advice.
>>
>>68197082
Kill them Michael
Kill them all
>>
I don't know if I can believe you because that's too ridiculous to be true.

If it is, though, tell them straight-up that that's in violation of the First Amendment.
>>
>>68197082
Liberals kicking you out because you don't share their beliefs? This must be a fabrication. Nice try OP. Liberals are tolerant and would never do such a thing.
>>
>>68197129
One and done.
>>
Best advice is you should probably get off /pol/ and get looking for a place to live. Tip 2 is next time you rent an apartment with other people, make sure your name is on the lease so they can't just kick you out for whatever reason.
>>
>>68197236
>>68197284

Their official excuse is that they don't want to live in a toxic environment. It's bizarre because, while they are unabashedly liberal, they're not politically correct at all.
>>
>>68197387

My name is on the current lease, however my roommates have a prior relationship with the landlord who, by Tennessee law, can serve me with a 30 day notice to vacate.
>>
>>68197082
Get a written letter asking you to leave the apartment and for what reason, so you know they're serious. This can go 2 ways

1: They make a fake reason for you getting kicked out, like not paying rent, or some shit like that

2: They could write that they want you out because you support Trump (Assuming you aren't lying)

If its the second option, and you have it in written form, FUCK THEM UP. Sue the shit out of them. Find a good lawyer that will go after them. That's super fucking illegal, and wrong. Get new friends too, I would never kick my friends out because they support another candidate.
>>
>>68197473
Please read this
>>68197473

Has the landlord given you a reason to leave yet?
>>
>>68197082
what are referred to as "Efficiency Motels" might suit.. its a roof over your head.. usually cheapish with a refrigerator and a hotplate for heating food and coffee etc.. probably a TV with cable too.
>>
>>68197082
Tell them to move out.
Are you ficking kidding me?
You probably have grounds for a civil syit as there are laws in place for housing and discrimination. You can not me evicted for political views in the US. Whatever costs you incur from this, make them pay plus emotional distress.
http://youtu.be/2q6jHad-XG0
>>
>>68197473
>by Tennessee law, can serve me with a 30 day notice to vacate.
For no fucking reason? Sounds like bullshit. Threaten the landlord with a lawsuit for breach of contract.
>>
>>68197523
This. Just fuck them up
>>
File: kek.png (125 KB, 858x761) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
125 KB, 858x761
>>
>>68197082

How were you living with them in the first place? Why would your political leanings have any impact on how you all get along?

Seems like this might have been a long time coming, desu.
>>
>>68197082
That's fucking illegal. Get off /pol/ and go consult multiple lawyers, dipshit.

P.S. I hope your housemates die.
>>
>>68197523
Seriously. Fuck then up if it's real and try to get media attention too. The Bernie retarss are on a witch hunt. It has to be confronted every time. Give an inch, take a mile. You can't afford to be a bitch about it
>>
>>68197473
Most states allow landlords to give you a 30 day notice to vacate... but they have to have an actual fucking reason. A lease is a legal contract, and a leaser is not allowed to break a contract unless the leasee violates the conditions of the lease

If you're paying rent, keeping the place orderly, etc... forcing you to move out is literally a crime.

Get them to submit their request to you in writing. Make them sign it.

Then make a copy, bring it to your landlord, and ask them to verify and sign it.

If they do - sue the absolute shit out of them.
>>
>>68197523
OP

YOU MUST GET IT IN WRITING THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO EVICT YOU FOR YOUR POLITICAL BELIEFS

You have to get that in writing. Try to bait them to write it somehow. If you can get that, you're golden
>>
>>68197082
make sure to shit in strategic areas around the place
>>
>>68197609

No, this was just brought up earlier this evening.

>>68197523
>>68197696
>>68197701

Do they actually have to provide a reason in TN? Nothing's turned up in my research so far.
>>
>>68197414
>not PC at all
Okay, then theykl surely understand if you tell them to stop being such faggots and to accept that your political beliefs
>>
>>68198164
Read your lease. It should list your rights and what they can kick you out on and how the process will go.
>>
>>68197284
My extermly tumblr friend said that "Rich people need to be terminated"
But hey you know. Can't say that about blacks, trans, gay, Muslims or even the Jews. If you do you're literally Hitler I guess.
>>
>>68198164
They should provide you with a reason. How can they kick you out without giving reason?

I don't even think it's legal to break your lease early if you're paying your rent and not damaging the property.

http://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/can-my-landlord-end-my-lease-early-no-reason-437293.html
>>
>>68197236
>Tfw the liberals are trying to repeal the first amendment
>>
30 should be plenty of time desu i found my current place after a few days
>>
Stop being such a cuck. Go back there and fuck them up.
>>
>>68197236

>Congress shall make no law...

Yeah I don't see where roommate drama is covered by the first amendment there bub. Quit with the hyperbole.
>>
>>68197523

Do this. A lease is a binding contract. If you held up your side of the bargain (rent/not fucking the place up, the landlord must uphold his.

Talk to a lawyer who deals with landlord tenant law.
>>
>>68198164
Please tell me you singed a contract for your rental and please tell me you read it there should be a clause in that where it explains on what grounds the landlord can evict you on and how much notice he must give
>>
>>68197523
Actually I looked it up and they can evict you for no reason but have to give you 30 days
http://realestate.findlaw.com/landlord-tenant-law/tenant-eviction-what-you-should-know-as-a-renter.html
But if they never gave you it in writing you could sue the landlord for not following proper procedure
>>
>>68200091
This

If you haven't recieved a formal letter, you don't have to worry. It's not official if you don't have it in writting. And like I said earlier, TRY your best to bait them into writing it's because of Trump.

one more scenario.

Secretly record them saying it's because you are a Trump supporter. But with this be very careful. They must be outside, where reasonable privacy is no longer an issue. You can record someone outside, just not in a private area. If you can get them saying to you it's because of Trump, that will be good.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.