[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ What is the best college major? Currently finance but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 151615151615615115.jpg (9 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
151615151615615115.jpg
9 KB, 266x189
/pol/
What is the best college major?
Currently finance but have disliked all my business classes.
>>
petroleum engineering is the statistically most profitable major.
>>
Nursing is the best major, if you actually want a job.
>>
>>68185868
What's your measurement of best?
>>
If you wanna follow your passion any major's good (expect women's studies).

You just have network. Networking is fucking key to actually getting a job, regardless of major.
>>
>>68185868
underwater basket weaving
>>
>>68186050
One that is in high demand mainly.
>>
How is Architecture? Its the only major I'm interested in.

Also what about just a marketing, or business management degree? I honestly don't know what to major in...
>>
>>68186271
If that's your qualifier, then just google "highest employed major"
>>
>>68186293
Business is applicable in everything go to a good business school and you'll get a job.
>>
>>68185868
Psychology and parapsychology.
>>
>>68185868
You know I fucking loved math, should have taken more of it when I went through the system.
>>
>>68186514
A shame the classes so boring.

I was an IT and English double major and I took some business classes in my last semester to round out my studies and those were some of the most snooze-worthy classes I've taken.
>>
>>68186717
I thought they would be exciting or at least interesting but the most useful one I took was about Access and Excel. How is IT seems like something that's in demand just wondering what it's like.
>>
>>68186976
IT is very broad in terms of studies as you will study everything from programming to web design to security and the like. This is to get you acclimated with what field you wanna focus on in extracurricular courses in your junior and senior year.

As for jobs it seems like security has the highest demand, but there are more chances to get an entry level position with web development knowledge.
>>
>>68187447
Thanks for the info.
>>
Photography
>>
CS
>>
>>68185868
Computer Science
>>
>>68185913
No, operations research and financial engineering is. Unfortunately only like three schools actually have that major, and they are all really hard to get into.
>>
File: 1438526468179.jpg (55 KB, 488x492) Image search: [Google]
1438526468179.jpg
55 KB, 488x492
>>68185913
>living in alberta
>suicide rates skyrocketing

fucking quebecers dont want a pipeline despite their village got exploded by a train which is more dangerous
>>
>>68185868

Took an undergrad is commerce and a master's in Geographic Information Systems

9/10 would do again, since I have technical skills that are in higher demand and a job that pays quite nice
>>
>>68185868
The best major is simple: exterminate conservative and liberal garbage.
>>
Chemical engineering. Based as fuck
>>
>>68185868

None.

/pol/ is all the education you need.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.