[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Do you Think He Means By This, /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: jd.jpg (189 KB, 720x582) Image search: [Google]
jd.jpg
189 KB, 720x582
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>holding any sort of belief about anything is bad and leads to war
>>
POO
>>
File: menckensaviours.jpg (7 KB, 327x154) Image search: [Google]
menckensaviours.jpg
7 KB, 327x154
It means he's a proponent of an infantile set of philosophical beliefs. Like most of his kind, he takes the mental euphoria of of such beliefs for evidence and the feelings of egotistical power they engender to be comforting.
>>
Tribalism inevitably leads to violence when the interests of one tribe are elevated above the other. He's literally correct about this. The only thing that's incorrect is the implication that violence is not good, and that one should not WANT one's tribe to defeat the others.
>>
>>68181262
>stop believing and start being told what to do
>>
"It's no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society"

-Senior Poo in the Loo
>>
>>68181262
>conform or you're being offensive
>>
>>68181584

fucking shit, mencken hits the nail on the head.
>>
jiddu krishnamurti was probably one of the best minds in the best century. just listen to his talks or read his books. he's a completely free-thinker and extremely careful with every word he uses because he knows how words can easily create disorder.

the quote is about this effect of disorder. in a scientific way, it refers to the reactive indexing heuristic of the mind and the effect of priming. krishnamurti tells us to try to rid of these programs of thoughts which make us mere mechanisms and instead have insight like that of God.

in thoughts of disorder, the parasite to breed violence is always already there. the more 'ideological' it is the more its propensity for violence. but even simple ideas and concepts have a little seed of violence, it's just a matter of degree, any innocent idea can easily become an ideology. it is very much like a virus that uses people.
>>
That is just some hippie bullshit.
>>
Nice in flowery theory but shit in practice. Sovereignty won't ever cease to exist in society. Division is natural based on our environments, histories, and values.
>>
>>68181262
:If your beliefs are not the same as everyone else's
you are violent"
t. Pajeet Pooinloo
>>
My philosophy on human social behavior trumps Darwinian and related evolutionary/primitive natural orders of life, hence the nazis were wrong because they did not accept the extinction of their people.
>>
>>68181262
everybody that disagrees with me is violent
>>
>>68182449
But it's impossible for a human mind to work without using those kinds of heuristics, so all that would be accomplished by trying to eliminate those would be to make the ones that you don't notice or don't think of as heuristics more powerful.

Also, violence is not inherently negative. There can be righteous struggles to eliminate greater violence.

Also also, giving prevalence to "mankind" is also causing violence against non-humans. How does this philosophy account for its violence against (for example) dolphins?
>>
>>68182449
Also, his "you" separates the subject and the object, which by his logic is also violent. Isn't the logical conclusion of this philosophy necessarily solipsism?
>>
>>68181262
If you want world peace, then you cannot have a personal identity and you cannot own personal property.

A world full of mindless puppets is a world of true peace.
>>
>>68185170

His philosophy was a kind of 'positive nihilism' : Ceases with any kind of identification ('Nationalism, tradition etc) will lead to human peace and harmony and, therefore, could create a "free man" to create a society without conflict. The core of mankind 'problem' with violence according to krishnamurti mindset was the fragmentative aspect of thought (ideas and so on)

ANW, he was a very wise and passionate man and his teachings have some value.
>>
File: hkaexvZ.png (197 KB, 719x489) Image search: [Google]
hkaexvZ.png
197 KB, 719x489
>thinks he's a philosopher
>can't even use a toilet
>>
Distinctions exist you fucking hippie. We are not all one and the genetic interests of groups are evolutionarily relevant and ineradicable.

>>68181584
Based Mencken speaking the truth. Underrated thinker. But he fails to mention that some of the motivation is even weirder: virtue signaling gone out of control. The inherent religious mentality of humans manifests in the need to signal one's higher moral status sometimes even when it makes no sense at all and is actively destructive. Some do-gooders don't even want power; they're literally just crazy fanatics.
>>
>>68185617
That seems both unattainable and undesirable.
>>
>>68185687
well that is kind of sad, you can bet that would be because of the non stop poo in loo memes online

shit sucks bro
>>
This must be the philosophy behind shitting everywhere, too, I guess.
>>
>>68181262
So individualism is also violence?
>>
>>68181584
>The urge to make America great again is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
>>
>>68181262
He's right. Tolle said that there needs to be a evolution in human consciousness. I don't think it will ever happen.
>>
>>68185617
Where does the incentive to surrender personal agency for "the greater good" come from?
>>
>>68181262
There was more, originally;

"Also, is it me, or does a shit covered cock taste really fucking good in the morning?"

So many people leave that part out, and I never understood why.
>>
File: Jiddu-Krishnamurti-educatio.jpg (296 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
Jiddu-Krishnamurti-educatio.jpg
296 KB, 700x466
>>68186389

> The present civilization is based on greed and individual competition; it cannot last forever, because it has no intrinsic value. The individual, who has created and is dominated by this civilization, is caught up in accumulation, which is his sole incentive; that is, the individual tries to express his ambition and attain his desired social position through the accumulation of wealth and power. He has therefore set up social distinctions and such a civilization, based on ruthless selfishness, must eventually break down. It is merely a matter of time. As long as you have this conception of individuality, which is but selfishness and greed, no civilization, no structure built on it can last, nor can it free the mind from sorrow. Until now you have been spiritually a slave; that is, you have followed, you have imitated, you have set up spiritual authorities, and tradition has bound your mind. No matter to what country you belong, there is everywhere a constant adjustment towards tradition. In thought and emotion, as an individual you have merely conformed, while in the world of action you have lived utterly for yourself, selfishly pursuing your own security. As I have said, I am not giving you a panacea; but I maintain that only when you understand the right function of individuality is there a way out of this chaos. To me, individuality can be expressed only in the world of thought, not in the world of existence; that is, you must think intensely for yourself, untrammelled by tradition, by habit or by fear of public opinion. But in order to supply the needs of existence, you must co-operate, work and plan together; that is, you must get rid of this idea of nationality, flags and frontiers. Thereby you will come naturally to solve the economic problem because you will be working from a human point of view, not through separative national prejudices.
>>
>>68186666
It's already happening, but only among a small minority of people. See: Goblet of Truth.
>>
File: img003.jpg (136 KB, 800x304) Image search: [Google]
img003.jpg
136 KB, 800x304
>>68186740

Pro-tip: Hitler was also preponent of this mentality (a.k.a Conscience is a Jewish Invention)
>>
>>68186828
>Intrinsic value
What is this and how do we determine it?
>>
>>68181262
stupid communist seeder, alone with osho, they're leader of new age movement bullshit
>>
>>68187324
I don't really care what Hitler was for so that's not an incentive for me or the vast majority of people.
>>
File: y tho.jpg (31 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
y tho.jpg
31 KB, 473x480
>>68181262

>hurr durr i refuse to acknowledge the biology of human tribalism because i'm a euphoric globalist

a literally what quote by a literally who
>>
>>68185617

Mankind only functions in groups. Without the evolved sociality and tribe mentalities that allowed us to work together in groups, civilisation would crumble.

You think a team of builders is going to work when they don't even think of themselves as a distinct group of friends?
>>
He's right. However, there's literally nothing wrong with violence. Humans are naturally violent.
>>
>>68181262
>krishnamurti
POO
O
O
>>
>>68187473

I'm not trying to convince you about anything afaik
>>
>>68187631
He's an Indian scholar bred from birth to be a philosopher by religious leaders. Not even joking.
>>
Actually when you but two different ethnicities together they fight. Like Mexicans and blacks. If the Mexicans were in mexico and the blacks were in africa they wouldn't have fought. Someone tell this pussy that
>>
>>68188464
Then why bring up Hitler?
>>
>>68186740

Freud thought that the 'everything is one' experience was a regression to a pre-ego infantile state. Perhaps it's related to that.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.