[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /pol/ agree with the use of Torture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 34
File: Torture.jpg (92 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
Torture.jpg
92 KB, 1024x512
Does /pol/ agree with the use of Torture?
>>
/pol/ agrees with Trump, so I'd assume yes.
>>
I don't have an issue in terms of offending poor defenseless terrorists, I just don't trust any information obtained from a subject under duress.
>>
I'm fine with torturing Muslims. I don't view them as my equals.
>>
Also what exactly is worse then waterboarding?
>>
Torture for the sake of torture isn't okay, but enhanced interrogation is fine
>>
>>68178658
>Torture for the sake of torture isn't okay, but enhanced interrogation is fine

And it should be kept secret so we an say we do not torture.
>>
>>68178658
It doesn't work though so whats the fucking point, the Krauts tortured everyone and got their asses kicked because the people they tortured were telling them what they were given to tell them. The British used incentives like gold or cash, much more effective.
>>
Should get the prisoner high, drunk and horny. The carrot could be more effective than the cane.
>>
>>68177568
For most cases it'd be much easier to use drug based coercion rather than outright torture
>>
Torturing usimg pain to get evidence never works,I thought that was well known info
>>
>>68178526
They fuck em in the ass lol
Not even kidding, it's happened.
>>
>>68179205
It is well known now that you are a SJW moron.
>>
>>68178658

Torture for the sake of torture is the entire point. Whether or not torturing a particular person will cause them to give you valuable information doesn't matter. If you're willing to torture, enemies are more likely to surrender and cooperate to avoid being tortured.
>>
No, I think we should be like the EU and provide them mental health and sex training instead. To teach them how to better impregnate kaffir women.
>>
File: 1458487976285.jpg (39 KB, 323x267) Image search: [Google]
1458487976285.jpg
39 KB, 323x267
Do we want to be Daredevil or The Punisher? I vote Punisher. Knock them down and keep them their.
>>
>>68177568
Torture who?
>>
>>68179205
>Believing SJWs
Not even once anon
>>
>>68179589
Ur mum XDDD
>>
>>68177568

eh, not really

not a dealbreaker though
>>
>"I'd bring back..."

I highly doubt that it's actually stopped.

To answer your question, torture did get us Bin Laden. On the other hand, how reliable is the information we get from torture, and could that expand into nefarious domestic use against American citizens?
>>
>>68179725
My mom is totally into that actually.
>>
For the savages and barbarians that are our current enemies, the lack of torture in our society just signals weakness. It emboldens them and encourages them to not fear us.

The idealism of "being better than that" means absolutely nothing to them.

To defeat and discourage the jihadists we must make them absolutely dread the idea of fighting us. They must hear stories of their friends and brothers enduring horrible pain and certain death. They must know, with out a doubt, that if they bring aggression toward us, they will experience the true and absolute meaning of doom.
>>
File: fick_yhivi_19.webm (3 MB, 746x420) Image search: [Google]
fick_yhivi_19.webm
3 MB, 746x420
>waterboarding
>torture
>>
>>68177568
Waterboarding isn't torture using it against terrorists, only hostile soldiers. But not terrorists. He could tear their fingernails and teeth out.
>>
The thing that worries me the most about government sponsored torture is it really is a slippery road, first your torturing potential terrorist's then the next thing you know you are torturing Americans, can we all just agree torture is wrong
>>
>>68180258
desu just waterboard them using pig's blood.
>>
>>68180274
But I don't think it's wrong. And that's a silly argument. We do lots of things to other countries that we don't do to our own people. Why would torture be any different?
>>
>>68178526
>Also what exactly is worse then waterboarding?

Ripping off fingernails with pliers.
Inserting needles into the urethra.
Using a white hot hanger to burn small areas of the skin.
Breaking each bone in the hand, one at a time.
Sleep and/or sensory deprivation.

There are hundreds of things worse than waterboarding.
>>
File: 268px-Fomfr_judas_cradle.jpg (25 KB, 268x598) Image search: [Google]
268px-Fomfr_judas_cradle.jpg
25 KB, 268x598
>>68180418
>>
>>68178526
Quick and dirty stuff that's already done in the field and is much more effective. There's more to torture than making the guy uncomfortable.
Not torturing each other is a gentlemen's agreement between two civilized warring nations. They torture our guys, so they're fair game. Your guy goes missing, you better believe the first habeeb taken alive is gonna get the pliers.
>>
>>68180011
>To answer your question, torture did get us Bin Laden.

There's good reason to believe that the official account of how he was found is bullshit :

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-hersh/the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden
>>
File: PTSD dog.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
PTSD dog.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>68177568
I agree with letting your mortal enemies think that you're going to torture them for information if you catch them.
>>
what about tying them to a table and dripping drops of water on their forehead
>>
Biology.
>>
But dont you think it looks bad that we would be torturing people? The US is the good guy we have always been we shouldn't stoop as low as to torture, we are better then that, what if some people are innocent?
>>
>>68178526
Fireboarding.
>>
>>68182911
>The US is the good guy.
Huehuehuehuehue.
>>
>>68177568
Torture them all. they fucking deserve it. I don't understand how liberals grow a fucking conscience when it comes to terrorists but would gladly have a late term abortion with every meal if they could with no moral qualms.
>>
File: o-SURFING-WORKOUT-facebook.jpg (796 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-SURFING-WORKOUT-facebook.jpg
796 KB, 2000x1000
I don't get what's so bad about this
>>
>>68183415
It's racist.
>>
File: (laughs patriotically).jpg (71 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
(laughs patriotically).jpg
71 KB, 582x600
>>68183055
top kek
>>
>>68177568
>Does /pol/ agree with the use of Torture?

No.
>Was taught in the military torture was illegal.
>I would be subject to the UCMJ if I did it
>And would be subject to the UCMJ if I know it happened and did nothing about it.

That said, Trump (and the rest of the country) should take a close look at exactly when the CIA's rendition/black site program began.
>Hint: It was before 43.

My dad works for Google.
>>
Waterboarding yes, anything that causes permanent damage no
>>
>>68183393
I dont care about terrorist's getting tortured but the problem is when you use torture in a wide spread fashion, which trump implied he would then some of the people getting tortured are going to be innocent
>>
File: 1457215668387.jpg (74 KB, 680x678) Image search: [Google]
1457215668387.jpg
74 KB, 680x678
>>68183055
>>
File: 1434728536899.jpg (9 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
1434728536899.jpg
9 KB, 337x337
Question for military fags on here. Have any of you seen or heard of torture-esque techniques being used on captives even when they weren't supposed to be?

I'm the farthest thing from an expert on the subject, but I feel as though it has to happen sometimes when emotions are running high and critical intel can be retrieved.
>>
>>68177568
No. Torture doesn't work and what's to stop torture being used against citizens if we legalize it against our enemies. Also it's giving political and ethical ammo to our enemies.
>>
File: AidsSkrillex.png (588 KB, 511x655) Image search: [Google]
AidsSkrillex.png
588 KB, 511x655
>>68180164
Dude, your dedication in mechanism in every fucking thread both amuses and disgusts at the same time.
>>
>>68177568
Yeah. were water boarding fags who want to blow up schools and churches and shit. not some guy who was late returning a library book
>>
>>68177568
There is nothing he can do to terrorists that I would disagree with. I only disagree with Obama's ruthless methods of... letting them go.
>>
>>68184571
This is my line of thinking as well and so far no no in this thread has made any points which has convinced me that we should start torturing people, from what ive read torture doesn't even work
>>
Make them read every post on plebbit sanders board, out loud
>>
>>68184571
That's why we will also kill their families you dummy.
>>
>>68177568
If it's against people who won't agree not to torture our own guys, sure. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>68180418
You forgot the classic car battery hooked up to their nipples.
>>
I agree that you should use the fear of getting tortured to make them talk.
>>
>>68185481
Except that it's 12 volts.
>>
>>68177568
Its the only language mudslimists know.
>>
>>68185498
>Ahmed is going to detonate the bomb in 3 days.
>If I spout some random crap, they'll stop torturing me while they verify my claim.
>It's BS, they torture me a little more, rinse and repeat until 3 days later Ahmed succeeds.
>>
>>68177568
NO. Torture doesn't work. Trump is wrong on this issue.
>>
>>68185481
You mean my Friday night?
>>
>>68185941
Could you explain why or are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>68185834
Add a lie detector test.
>>
>>68177568
I'd rather see us use methods that actually work.
>>
>>68185941
Torture doesn't work if you torture someone who doesn't have the answer. Torture does work if that person has the answer but refuses to give it.

Do you really think you wouldn't give your correct birthday the second someone started breaking your fingers?
>>
>>68186682
I'm not really sure those work on people who you've been torturing.
Moreover, as long as they get to speak, they are reprieved of torture, so they'll just make up long stories.
>>
>>68183055
Bloodboarding is a part of waterboarding and that's way worse than fireboarding.
>>
>>68178950
bullshit

Next you're going to cite that weak ass study that said torture wasn't useful in the Iraq war. Yeah fucking right. Torture is absolutely a proven and effective method to extract information. Humans have been doing it forever.

I know you would rather give our enemies gold and blowjobs, but come on.
>>
>>68184571
Torture does in fact work. That is why people do it in the first place. You get info from the prisoner then look for info that verifies it.
>>
>>68177568
Hamboarding. They would cut the shit.
>>
>>68177568
I disagree with torture, but not for "muh feels" ethical reasons. I just think people will lie and tell you what you want to hear if you're hurting them.
>>
>>68187020
For very short amounts of time if you have a good interrogator. You can tell someone is bullshitting by looked at the eyes and the direction they lean to when they speak. When the eyes go to their left they're making something up.
>>
>>68177568
Yes, but only as a punishment.

Using it to extract info is pants-on-head retarded.

Picture the prisons in Best Korea. They have the right idea.
>>
>>68177568
Only on non-U.S. citizens
>>
ILLEGALS TORTURE AMERICANS IN MASSACHUSETTS
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/20/four-illegals-held-in-brutal-gang-rape-in-massachusetts/
>>
>>68183055
Fucking made my day mate
>>
File: kevin.jpg (47 KB, 696x523) Image search: [Google]
kevin.jpg
47 KB, 696x523
Only against non-Americans of course, and only high ranking members of people we are actively at war with. Not for confessions, those obviously aren't worth anything. Good for getting info though. The meme that torture doesn't work for getting info is retarded. It's not like these people are particularly loyal.
>>
>>68177568
For terrorists, yeah. They aren't covered under the Geneva Convention.
>>
>>68177568
Not really, it doesn't work that well and is barbaric to boot. That said there's all sorts of other ways to extract info from people that border on being torture that actually are effective to some extent. The two that immediately come to mind are sleep deprivation and drugs. I can't say that I am opposed to using unethical yet effective information extraction techniques on members of ISIS frankly, it's a simple matter of self-preservation.
>>
>>68177568
No, torture is not European. Its Asiatic. These CIA guys know how to get confessions on the spot. Let an artist do his work... That said, water-boarding is mild torture. We are dealing with animals here but torture is Satanic and it is an unthinkable precedent to set. I would be brutal, ruthless in warfare but torture is abhorrent.
>>
GOD I FUCKING HATE ALL OF YOU.

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE GET IT.

HE'S INTIMIDATING OUR ENEMY.

IT'S NOT ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT HE IS ACTUALLY GOING TO DO IT, IT IS ABOUT WHAT THE ENEMY THINKS HE IS GOING TO DO.

THAT IS WHY OUR COUNTRY IS SO FUCKED. WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT WHAT MAKES PEOPLE POWER AND THOSE PEOPLE ARE IN CHARGE OF THE FUCKING COUNTRY.

GOD DAMN.
>>
>>68179485
No wayyy
>>
>>68177568
I do at least
>>
As someone whose parents escaped from a dictatorship, Trump scares the fuck out of me. But then again, so does Hillary.
>>
>>68187897
You don't need torture to intimidate the enemy retard. You need the US Navy and the US Air Force. There is plenty of intimidation in those two things. I am vehemently against torture but I would be brutal in warfare. There is only one way to wage war especially when the enemy is ISIS.
>>
>>68187808
Torture has already been scientifically proven to be ineffective for getting information so whats the point in doing it?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22830471-200-torture-doesnt-work-says-science-why-are-we-still-doing-it/
>>
>>68177568
If I hit you enough times you'll tell me anything I want to know.

Torture works.
>>
>>68177568
torture should be used, but only the cruelist of forms. Like slowly dipping someone into a great vat of acid, letting their body melt over the course of hours. This information should then be relayed to the offenders compatriots, and show that we for once mean business.
>>
>>68178526
>Also what exactly is worse then waterboarding?
Electric shock
large doses of psychotropic drugs
actual drowning
chemically induced nausea
being locked in a padded closet and being fed though a tube in your nose
>>
>>68183055
....huh
>>
File: Robb_Dead.jpg (695 KB, 2700x1796) Image search: [Google]
Robb_Dead.jpg
695 KB, 2700x1796
When Trump catches Al Big Daddy he should do pic relate except with a pigs head
>>
>>68188008
what dictatorship?
>>
>HURR SHOULD CITIZENS BE INCLUDED IN EXECUTIVE DECISIONS HURR DURR

THIS IS WHY PUBLIC SCHOOL IS CANCER. IT GIVES PEOPLE THE ILLUSION THAT THEIR OPINIONS MATTER.

WE SHOULD BE RULED BY THE MOST POWERFUL PERSON AND PUT OUR TRUST IN HIM. IF THAT PERSON GETS OUT OF LINE THEN WE PUT HIM OUT OF LINE COLLECTIVELY. GETTING EVERYONE TO THINK AND TALK ABOUT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ISSUE IS FUCKING STUPID AND INEFFICIENT, ESPECIALLY WHEN TALKING ABOUT A FUCKING ISSUE IN AND OF ITSELF HAS AN EFFECT ON WHETHER OR NOT THAT THING IS EFFECTIVE.

"UHH I DUNNO MAYBE WE SHOULDN'T TORTURE PEOPLE GEE GUIZE LET'S TALK ABOUT IT" SENDS A FUCKING SIGNAL TO OUR ENEMIES THAT WE ARE WEAK.
>>
>>68187400
The info thei give is easily verifiable. If it's false info then they'll just break more bones until they get what they want.
>>
File: 1410240974782.jpg (23 KB, 308x302) Image search: [Google]
1410240974782.jpg
23 KB, 308x302
>>68183055
>>
>>68188065

you don't understand how the military gets intelligence. they don't just fucking straight torture them until the person speaks, they put them in a skinner box. when you take away torture, the box doesn't work.
>>
>>68177568
I don't understand why anyone would care what /pol/ thinks.

/pol/ is always wrong.
>>
>>68177568
No, just killing muslims really slowly.
>>
>>68187475
So that means cancucks?
>>
File: lansdowne-sc-134.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
lansdowne-sc-134.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
>>68178526
Any torture you can imagine. Beating the hell out of someone for starters. Stalin always said "give them a beating. it always works" because he was beaten by his father. This when the Bolsheviks used every kind of horrific torture imaginable. They crushed testicles, removed eyes, removed fingernails. Sleep deprivation was the thing they used on everybody. They would actually make little closets and get bedbugs and other insects to breeds until there would be millions in there and they would lock people up in these rooms. This is all in the Gulag Archipelago. Who do you think did much of this torturing, /pol/?

How about torture in the future? If you wanted to punish someone you could lobotomize them lock them up in a cage. You could burn them alive, cut off every limb, and make them continue living by hooking them up to life support. Where does it end?

Torture originated in the Middle-East. It has a long "tortuous" history there. Torture can not only be used for information but is used to punish. Do you think our soldiers were tortured for information or because the captors enjoyed it? In most cases that torture was used it is was used for submission. And pleasure. Again, torture is Satanic and beneath civilized men. You can have an emergency provision for certain kinds of torture but you also need to understand the severity of torture and its history. Torture should be BENEATH Americans as long the original population (European-Americans) have a say around here.

Know where that shit comes from and know where it can lead. Condoning torture is the worse kind of degeneracy.
>>
>>68188194
How is the padded closet fed tube thing torture? You dont taste it. Also what is chemically indused nausea.
>>
File: halal.jpg (113 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
halal.jpg
113 KB, 531x471
>>68183055
>>
Yes and no. My views on torture is that it should never be used, but if it is used, the person must be held accountable for doing it. By that, I mean that he'll go to jail for torturing someone. Whether that person being tortured is guilty or not, releases information, or stops a terrorist attack is irrelevant.

The problem with the whole torture problem is simply the notion that if you torture someone and it saves lives, you shouldn't answer for actually torturing someone. If a person wants to torture someone, they must be absolutely sure that the person they are torturing has information and that they are willing to spend possibly the rest of their life in jail for the good of their country. That way, if there is no information gained, he goes to jail and the crime is punished. If information is obtained and a terrorist act is prevented, he or she goes to jail with the happy notion that they have possibly saved the live of others, for their country.

Torture should remain illegal and no one should be above the law.
>>
>>68190313
>That way, if there is no information gained, he goes to jail and the crime is punished. If information is obtained and a terrorist act is prevented, he or she goes to jail with the happy notion that they have possibly saved the live of others, for their country.

Lol, leaves
>>
>>68190447
Fuck off burger i will stand up for my fellow cunuck
>>
File: id hit it.jpg (23 KB, 370x250) Image search: [Google]
id hit it.jpg
23 KB, 370x250
>>68183843
>That said, Trump (and the rest of the country) should take a close look at exactly when the CIA's rendition/black site program began.
>>Hint: It was before 43.
>>
>>68190638
No because it him
>>
>>68177568
not to sound autistic, But considering all the things they've done to all my brothers and sisters across the world fighting for a free white christian world, why should i care? I fucking hope they suffer. It gives me an erection just thinking about brown men soaked in their own piss and chocking on a fucking shit soaked rag.
>>
>>68177568

Against enemies of the United States who are not citizens protected under its law (hajji terrorists for example) Yea absolutely.

Against citizens protected under our laws? No. However the death penalty should be used much more frequently.
>>
File: .45ACP vs 9mm.jpg (138 KB, 537x676) Image search: [Google]
.45ACP vs 9mm.jpg
138 KB, 537x676
>>68185481

Grab the positive and negative on a car battery and see what happens. That's movie bullshit.
>>
>>68188311
you are recommending a caste system

in the trash you go!
>>
>>68190447
I personally think it's really the main problem.
>This guy HAD to torture him, look, he saved all those people, he doesn't deserve to go to jail, fuck the law
Every fucking time, this is the problem. You torture someone, it's illegal, you go to jail. If you think torture will help the country, go ahead, risk your freedom for the lives of others.

You gotta make torture a national pride. There is no other possible way of making torture used without being a complete hypocrite or outright outlawing it.

>>68190633
Thanks fellow cannuck.
>>
>>68179297
>leaf
>>
>>68188311
>caring about "looking weak" instead of actual problems in the country
i know you got a tiny dick but c'mon we got real shit to worry about
>>
File: dredd.jpg (50 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
dredd.jpg
50 KB, 380x380
>>68177568
Only if it gets or results or if there's a really funny blooper tape of the tortures.
>>
>>68184571
>Torture doesn't work

Where the fuck did this stupid meme come from?
Are you willing to test that hypothesis my friend?
>>
>>68177568
Yeah im fine with the use of torture.
>>
>>68193169
Torture, more often then not, makes people say whatever to make the pain stop. It doesn't guarantee that relevant information will be gained.
Saying ''it doesn't work'' is a bit exagerated though.
>>
File: joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif (932 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif
932 KB, 245x150
>>68189088
Fuck this post. I'll never let anyone take me alive
>>
>>68177568
Yes, I know it's ineffective but I really don't like Muslims.
>>
>>68194495
proofs?
>>
>>68177568
waterboarding isn't even fucking lethal holy shit, why is this a problem?
>>
>>68177568
No. Physical torture gets you nowhere.

http://www.thenation.com/article/senate-report-cia-torture-was-brutal-and-ineffective/

https://www.cgu.edu/pdffiles/sbos/costanzo_effects_of_interrogation.pdf
>>
>>68195215
Threat of torture is more effective
>>
>>68195197
It's inhuman.
>>
>>68189414
nasogastric tube is fairly unpleasant, not as bad as others probably though it's basically a medical device. Nausea doesn't really seem like that serious of a torture but it's easy to achieve with something like syrup of ipecac, Mussolini's black shirts used to force feed people castor oil which basically makes them shit their pants violently and painfully
>>
>>68195197
Neither is cutting your limbs off, but it's probably still torture.
>>
>>68195386
hurting someone is hardly inhumane
>>
>>68195386
you are a faggot cuck. kill yourself
>>
>>68179297
>assfuck
>torture
pick one
>>
>>68195464
let me rephrase it, no permanent damage is done
>>
>Capture terrorist who has planted a nuclear bomb in NYC and knows the code
>The bomb will not blow up if you use the keypad to enter the code but trying to remove it will set it off
>Interrogating the terrorist with talking and threatening isn't doing anything
>Bomb will be going off in 2 hours and we don't have enough time to evacuate the city

Damn guys hes not talking better cut our losses.
>I know its an extreme
>>
>>68195482
It should be. We should always give the middle finger to nature. But I'm a naive idiot, so fuck what I think.
>>
>>68189088
>Gulag Archipelago

Best post.
>>
>>68177568
For what purpose?

For information gathering, it's questionably effective.

For deterring other sand niggers from getting uppity? Can be exceptionally effective, but only if you go far beyond water boarding. Use their religion against them, find out what their sky friend has determined to be illegal in their religion. Force them to do it, every fucking day, until they eventually die of old age, or from doing whatever the fuck you were doing to them.
>>
Torture is not an effective means of acquiring information.

It sure is fun though.
>>
>>68177568
Look up "Torture is for Amateurs".

Torturing Muslims is fun and all, but inefficient for information extraction.
>>
>>68195587
>We should always give the middle finger to nature. But I'm a naive idiot, so fuck what I think

what the fuck are you even on about?
>>
>>68195769
are you me?
>>68195886
>>
>>68195886

It is good for mentally breaking them down for reprogramming though.
>>
>>68177568
Yes, waterboard the shit out of any subhuman fucks that mess with us.
>>
>>68195928

I don't know, do you like your women like you like your coffee, creamy and whipped to a froth?
>>
>>68196008
It's good for only complicit behavior, not complicit beliefs or extracting information.
>>
>>68177568
the people we torture cut peoples heads off with butter knives. i say we feed them their own balls
>>
>>68196200
No, I like them with red hair, a STEM degree, and can shoot whisky, which is why I'm going to die alone.
>>
>>68195769
Source? oh wait there is none because that is not possible to test. You're just spouting what someone else has said. You're stating an OPINION as FACT. There are no studies. There is no research.
>>
File: abstract kind of feel Wojak.jpg (56 KB, 636x640) Image search: [Google]
abstract kind of feel Wojak.jpg
56 KB, 636x640
>>68180418
Forcing them to stand in a metal room with ultra-slick surfaces that's about 15 feet by 15 feet.

The floor is made out of tough sandpaper on a huge, high-torque conveyor belt that is always moving at a steady pace.

They are striped naked, and if they stop moving, the conveyor belt will pin their bodies against the metal wall, and the sandpaper will start tearing their skin off. Basically, they have to move constantly or get skinned.

Have loud music playing, accompanied by stobe lights so they are in a constant state of unrest and disorientation.

For an added touch, have TV screens that show a constant loop of their spouse/family/friends getting raped and tortured to death.

Don't give them any water, until they die of dehydration.
>>
>>68178526
>>68178526

Waterboarding makes you afraid. It makes you feel like you are drowning, even though you aren't. You can even know logically that you aren't drowning, but it really gives you the claustrophobic sensation that you are drowning. There's no pain, not like being whipped or racked or your bones broke, or beaten, or being electro-shocked, and it causes no physical damage.

That's why it's a gray area for torture. Torture is usually defined as application of severe pain and severe duress, though the UN and Geneva Conventions are a bit gray on waterboarding. Waterboarding is certainly psychological hell and panic and fear, but not painful and no physical damage.

Torture doesn't work though; people will say anything and confess to anything under torture. The THREAT of torture and being able to threaten people with torture, and the application of a little bit of torture does wonders, people break with the truth long before severe torture. Waterboarding is more effective than physical pain torture in that way.

But you have to be able to do more to a person you need information from, than just ask them when the bomb attack is scheduled. Then ask them again. Then ask them again. Then ask them again. Sodium pentothal needs to be permitted again under the Geneva Convention...if it were allowed, then IT rather than waterboarding, would be used to get war intelligence information.

Push for acceptance for truth serum under the UN. There wouldn't be a need for waterboarding in war ever again.
>>
>>68179205
cuck bow down.
>>
>>68179205
no proofs
spetsnaz laughs at you
>>
>torture is bad
>death is okay
Hm.
>>
>>68196411
>needing to be spoon fed
Sure is Reddit today.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10781910701665550?journalCode=hpcn20#/doi/abs/10.1080/10781910701665550?journalCode=hpcn20
>>
>>68180274
>can we all just agree torture is wrong

I think you and I could. But when your enemy is bombing your people, and cutting off heads, and torturing, and drowning, and burning people alive, and running them over with tank treads while alive, and torturing, and readying more bombs for you all the time...

then it doesn't do you and I any good to agree torture is wrong when the enemy doesn't.

Its war. War isn't pretty. War is death and destruction and maiming and such devastation as to make your enemy give up.
>>
>>68194495
So then you check the info, see if its legit.
If its not, come back and try again.
Faggot wants to keep giving false info? Ante up every session.
>>
>>68196631
Or you could just make them listen to dubstep. Same sensation, really.
>>
If a criminal puts a gun to your head and tells you to post your phone number, you wouldn't do it?

Other forms of "torture" work fine too: keeping a detainee close to starvation, getting him into an physically uncomfortable position... Of course, torture works.
>>
>>68177568
Its not really that effective desu. If they have strong faith in something (willing to blow themself up for the cause) nothing really is effective other than showing red pills day after day until they realize themself that they need to re-think their ideologies.
>>
Fuck yes. Torture the shit out of them.
>>
>>68196707
I'd say waterboarding is indeed duress tho.

So here's the thing.

Torture has been used since civilization began. And it's still uses by the most sophisticated militaries today, including ours. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Why? Because it works, if done properly. Not the torture itself, but the entire interrogation process. See, sleep deprivation and other things do make memory foggy. And this is a GOOD thing. Because soldiers with important info are almost always given cover stories in case they get captured. And they're most likely to forget that cover story, not the vital info. When you have multiple prisoners is when you get a high rate of accuracy because then you can fact check.

Torture works. It's not up for debate. Everyone who has ever gathered intelligence knows this.
>>
>>68177568

there are situations where certain things would be justified
>>
>>68183055

topkek
>>
>>68178526

Death. I think Trump's message has been misinterpreted.
He's probably just going to execute the bastards.
>>
>>68196631
>scriptwriter of Saw
>>
Not on white people.
>>
>>68177568
Agree with use of torture and also think the Geneva convention is a load of shit.

It's fucking war. War is not a little dispute among countries. It's worldviews fighting it out for domination. This moral war crap has got to go. Anything and everything to win is permit able.

I wouldn't even bother with torture. Line them up. Explain you're going to ask a question. If Mohammed doesn't answer to your liking, you put a bullet in his face. Then you go to the next one. Same thing - question, refuse to answer, bullet. Just go right down the line. Eventually one is going to crack. If not, then they wouldn't have cracked under any enhanced interrogation techniques.

I'm a proponent of total war and scorched earth. Fuck the libs.
>>
File: stumped.jpg (6 KB, 241x239) Image search: [Google]
stumped.jpg
6 KB, 241x239
>>68183055
>>
Guys, trump is wrong on like 50% of what he says, both factually and otherwise. Just because you support a candidate doesn't mean you have to agree with everything he says, you fucking brainless baboons. Red pilled my ass.
>>
>>68197223
I've had the phonebooks and flashlights, and I still didn't say shit. I did months in seg too. The type of seg where you're naked and there's no furniture, just a floor and a toilet. And you can wear a canvas babydoll or you can use it to sit on. And they'd periodically hose me when I slept, and threw lice powder on me that burned my skin, and they knew there was no way I needed it because they did it a whole bunch of times over the months I was in there, and I never left that room.

Some people won't talk if you push them. I'm one of those people, I am stubborn as fuck. If people ask me nicely and treat me fairly I'll do pretty much whatever.

But I grew up as a foster kid in the homes of junkies locked in closets and beaten with all kinds of stuff. I can sort've go into a mode where I am just waiting and ignoring the present.

And the type of people that turn into jihadis are probably used to way worse shit then I am.

I endured all kinds of shit from cops and guards first because the cops were cunts to me instead of just talking to me like a person. I had absolutely no love for the people who actually committed the crimes I was busted for, and would have had no problem ratting them out, they were horrible to me and did not feed me. But the cops made themselves my enemy by joining in on shitting on me.

And then in the center when a guard got bumrushed, they fucking took me down with a tact team when I was trying to help the dumb fuck. I would have happily told them about the stupid chugs that did it if they had not fucking tossed me down and threw the knees to me.

That was just me being a stubborn angry kid. Jihadis actually believe they're on some stupid mission from god.

I doubt any torture that gets done in the US is worth a damn.

You've got to start removing body parts to really get people to talk.

Or drugs, I bet making people tracer blind on shrooms or something might work.

But the deprivation stuff, and just normal beatings? Nah.
>>
>"""""""ENHANCED INTERROGATION"""""""
can we stop it with this meme?
>>
>>68197875
The Geneva Convention is 100% fine. The Geneva Convention literally does not apply to terrorists.
>>
>>68197934
Torturing terrorists is 100% kosher by the Geneva Convention, sorry to say.
>>
Maybe, but super restricted.

Like actual terrorists, not soldiers
>>
>>68177568
No, but Trump probably won't do it. He just does not seem like a foreign policy/national security kinda neo-con the GOP usually nominates.

I could be wrong.
>>
>>68183055
Topkek
>>
>>68177568

On enemies of the nation that are not citizens of the United states? Yes
>>
>>68177568
>giving human rights to your enemies who doesnt even believe in human rights
>>
>>68196707
>Sodium pentothal needs to be permitted again under the Geneva Convention...if it were allowed, then IT rather than waterboarding, would be used to get war intelligence information.

Doesn't matter. Irregular combatants have exactly zero rights under the Geneva Convention. We can do whatever the fuck we want to them, with regards to international law. Same against combatants from countries that are not signatory to the conventions and combatants from countries that are signatory but break them first against us in war.
>>
>>68196918
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/torture-effective-gathering-intelligence/
oh look people disagreeing hmm
>>
>>68191084

WE ALREADY LIVE IN A CASTE SYSTEM YOU FUCKING MORON.
>>
File: fugg.jpg (98 KB, 422x768) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
98 KB, 422x768
>>68183055

I fucking love Australia so much
>>
Ends justify the means.

I dont necessarily believe in torture in principal, but it can be warranted. Moral scenario to consider it with is 'suppose a kidnapper has kidnapped a 7 year old child and has them locked away in some remote location alone with no food or water. You catch the kidnapper but he refuses to say where the child is.' Again, Im not in overly favor of torture, but in the above scenario its at least understandable if not entirely justified to do everything you need to to the kidnapper to get the information you need in a timely manner.
>>
>>68198050
I sliced my arm off on that edge
>>
>>68187296
Estonia watches too many cartoons
>>
>>68180418
forcing them to watch their limbs be removed joint by joint
peeling off their skin starting from the feet and moving upward
sodomize them with their own legs
feed them their own body parts
remove their digestive system
cultivate severe infections on the genitals which get infested by maggots
cut off all their limbs and cut out their tongue and their eyelids
castrate them with a hammer
>>
>>68198807
I don't expect pampered little butterballs like you to actually understand me.
>>
>>68177568
>Reply
No. It's only useful when you are waging a dumb CIA kind of war, and even then questionable except for mind-control and the like. The correct way to wage war on ISIS, etc, is a large ground force.
>>
Did you know the CIA used to electrocute Viet Cong testes during Vietnam?
>>
>>68189088
>Gulag Archipelago
>Believing Solzhenytzin,the Soviet version of lying dumb leftist scum
>>
It should be illegal. Some CIA spook high on his own supply might go out and murder people, regardless of what laws we have. Such a person would likely have no problem torturing the fuck out of people already instead of killling them..

What I DON'T want to see is the government sanctioning this stuff. You convinced that torture will save america from an immediate terrorist attack? That action is not covered under the ageis of the American government. And you should be prepared to face a jury if you get caught.

>>68184444
Chinese government regularly beats the crap out of criminals, regular, and political, for example

>>68187897
I know Trump is a master of the deal with a great poker face, and misdirects the fuck out of what he thinks is important for strategic reasons, but I have to wonder how much of what he says is a bluff, a sales pitch, and how much of it is straight up?
>>
>>68198966
I bet nobody understands you, especially not all those stuffy old adults.
*BUUT IN THE END, IT DOESNT EVEN MAAAAATTER*
>>
File: brazen-bull.jpg (168 KB, 635x440) Image search: [Google]
brazen-bull.jpg
168 KB, 635x440
>>68177568
That's not torture.
This is.
>>
>>68187296
Gotta be pigs blood.
>>
>>68199303
Yes, and the story goes that leader got put in his own cow after a while.
>>
>>68199117
B but what if we funded and trained isis in a weak attempt to topple assad? then putin stepped in and said no? then putin left?
>>
Muslim terrorists are not entitled to any Geneva convention protections.

The CIA should have a hungry hog eat terrorists' dicks if they don't talk.
>>
>>68191030
Don't do this lads.. It causes nerve gas and eternal bleeding
>>
>>68198619
Didn't Russia attack ISIS with flamethrowers?
Or was that a different country?
>>
>>68197875
I don't think threat of death will necessarily give you what you want, muslim terrorists think they get a bunch of virgins and get to live in paradise after dying.
Study their religion and physiologically destroy them with it. What can you do to prevent them from going to heaven? Find that out then threaten to do it, do it, then go to the next guy.
>>
File: non-repeating digits.png (2 KB, 188x214) Image search: [Google]
non-repeating digits.png
2 KB, 188x214
>"Even if it doesn't work, they deserve it"

What a nice guy.
>>
>>68186682
because torture definitely isn't going to increase the guy's heartbeat
>>
>>68197313
>>68197313
>Everyone who has ever gathered intelligence knows this.

Says the faggot that watches too much 21 and has never worked much worked for an intelligence agency.
>>
>>68177568
No. It was an edgy statement that made him look bad.
>>
>>68200874
well, terrorists killed many people he knew. I don't really blame him.

terrorists shouldn't be given civilian trials anyway. Waterboarding was only used a few times. We should just bomb them and anyone who houses them.
>>
File: 1406042032780.jpg (123 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1406042032780.jpg
123 KB, 419x480
>>68187302

>I know you would rather give our enemies gold and blowjobs, but come on.
>>
>>68200874
>guy tortures people
>WOW don't torture him! What are you a xenophobe?
>>
>>68190313
>muslim extremists
>person
>someone

Nice joke.
>>
>>68177568
Giv'r.
>>
>>68183055
Never, ever change Australia
>>
File: Patriotic 2.jpg (57 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
Patriotic 2.jpg
57 KB, 519x600
Am I the only person out there who doesn't believe I have the right to tell the military how to do its business?

If the military wishes to torture someone, that is non of my concern. They are above the law for civilians, that is how a country must function. If it was illegal for them to kill people or steal, then they couldn't defend this country from anyone. I'm also not an edgelord so telling them to torture as a principle is also wrong and very edgy.

As stated in the thread; people who derive enjoyment from torture are among the worst type of absolute fucking scum that exist. But if it serves a purpose then it can't always be said it can't be done.

As a civilian, not a soldier, I do not care nor think I have a right to tell my military what to do. As long as they keep this country safe they have my support.
>>
>>68198880
wtf m8 not in the dick thats not cool
>>
>dreamed of joining U.S. military from young age
>parents didn't approve.
>Abu graib happens.
>parents make point of showing me that depraved shit and other horrific war footage to dissuade me from military service.
>feel depressed and sick to stomach whenever I think of joining military now.
>parents are dream killers.

Point: Torture is probably bad for recruitment of idealistic individuals.
>>
>>68203064
you couldn't make it anyway you pussy
>>
File: right arm of the forbidden one.png (36 KB, 89x160) Image search: [Google]
right arm of the forbidden one.png
36 KB, 89x160
>>68178526
I'll show you
>>
File: left arm of the forbidden one.png (39 KB, 94x169) Image search: [Google]
left arm of the forbidden one.png
39 KB, 94x169
>>68203454
>>
File: right leg of the forbidden one.png (26 KB, 47x191) Image search: [Google]
right leg of the forbidden one.png
26 KB, 47x191
>>68203481
>>
File: left leg of the forbidden one.png (41 KB, 98x179) Image search: [Google]
left leg of the forbidden one.png
41 KB, 98x179
>>68203512
>>
File: Exodia the forbidden one.png (78 KB, 170x231) Image search: [Google]
Exodia the forbidden one.png
78 KB, 170x231
>>68203532
AWAKEN

EXODIA
>>
>>68203554
PLEASE NO
>>
File: the forbidden one.jpg (427 KB, 1280x1085) Image search: [Google]
the forbidden one.jpg
427 KB, 1280x1085
>>68203554
EXODIA

OBLITERATE
>>
>>68177568
Well it doesn't fucking work at all. People will say anything if you push them hard enough.

You have to be insane to think the opposite, but insanity to power is like a moth to a streetlight.

Trump is clearly reaching for the dumb, blood thirsty vote with speech like this, which I can't blame him for. However, torture just doesn't work, never will work, and never has worked.

If you want to waste your time, money, career, etc waterboarding then fuck you, rot in whatever hell you believe in. You are within the 90% who deserve to be culled.
>>
>>68177568

Absolutely not. Those statements are shameful, his support of having US Military commit war crimes by killing people just for being RELATED to terrorists is absolutely disgusting and UnAmerican.

Any serviceman still in (I'm out myself) has a right to disobey an unlawful order and an order telling you to commit war crimes is most definitely an unlawful order.
>>
>>68202834

we're also a country founded on principles/ideals, and one of those ideals is that we don't use cruel and unusual punishment. Before you make the claim "but they're not American citizens they don't get our rights!"

That's not pertinent. We believe everyone should have those rights, and we sanction and condemn governments who do not grant those "human rights". It's a part of our moral identity

We should practice what we preach. So no, we should not torture. We're supposed to be above that, we're supposed to be the good guys.

When enemy troops see us, they should want to drop their guns and surrender, knowing that we will treat them better as POW's than their own country would treat them as conscripts.

You know before the "War on Terror" that was actually the case. 10's of thousands of Iraqi Republican Guard surrendered to US Forces without a fight, because we had a reputation for treating POW's fairly

What do you think giving us a reputation for torturing POW's does for us?

Nobody will fucking surrender then, they will fight because they have nothing to lose.. either die, or be tortured and then die. Might as well fight and try to kill some Americans in their mind.

We need to go back to being the good guys, because an enemy that throws down their weapon and puts up their hands and surrenders might mean Marines coming home to their family alive instead of in a casket.
>>
>>68205309

My thoughts as well. If I was fighting a technologically superior enemy that was known for the humane treatment of prisoners, I would be inclined to surrender rather then get bomber to hell.

Now if that enemy was known for mistreating prisoners, I would likely fight to my last breath and suicide rather then be captured.
>>
Look, even if the information you get is fake the tortuery will at least tell his people what happened and make them think twice before attacking again.
>>
>>68177568
If it's for a point, sure. I'm perfectly fine with killing a soldier to save innocents. You know what you're getting into when you sign up for the army.
>>
>>68199146
He's a burger, what do you expect. If you tell him commies eatbbabies for breakfast, he'll tell you that they also eat them for dinner, but not before rapetorturing them
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.