[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any of you disprove Stirner? Protip you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: stirner 2.png (319 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
stirner 2.png
319 KB, 803x688
Can any of you disprove Stirner?

Protip you can't
>>
>>68165097
>le fuck everything meme
>>
>>68165097

>Le everything is just a social construct xDDD
>>
>>68165263
>>68165306
>I can't understand philosophy

Also why shouldn't we say fuck anything?

>inb4 because our bloodlines and nation are what make us stronk and real ;)
>>
>>68165409
>le philosophical fuck everything
>>
>>68165097
Stirner is one of those types who goes back to first principles so he can say edgy things. The first principles are correct, but when you develop all of their consequences, you actually end up with the world we are all used to.

It's like an anarchist who wants to tear down society so we can figure out why we built society in the first place. Well clearly there was a reason, since we built it!
>>
File: marx stirner.jpg (54 KB, 727x541) Image search: [Google]
marx stirner.jpg
54 KB, 727x541
Human nature and human consciousness are originally and inherently social... individual consciousness cannot be understood in abstraction from the social complex which produces it... "I" is an artificial category

Stirner is the perfect example of a pure ideologist encased in a world of self-supporting categories wholly unrelated to historical reality... Stirner naively equates human history with the history of ideas
>>
>>68165515
>if I put everything in meme speak I win

Clever as always /pol/

>>68165878
Stirner didn't want an end of society as such he just wanted society to structure itself as groups of self-interested individuals voluntarily participating in temporary mutual contracts and yielding to certain whims of others when it was most in the self interest of others if it would also be more in their self interest than to go against them due to some stupid rigorous idealism about Egoism.

Whether or not a society like this is debatable but the point is that this was Stirner's ultimate conclusion not the "one against all" bullshit
>>
>>68166207
>he just wanted society to structure itself as groups of self-interested individuals voluntarily participating in temporary mutual contracts
That's not very different from what we have now, though, with the exception that children are automatically opted in to their local contract.

He's just reconstructing the world we already have, with the exception of things that are too impractical to work. He'd be a genius in the Neolithic period.
>>
>>68166462
>It's the world we already have

No it isn't. A group of individuals fraternizing under the matter of fact that they are all acting out of self interest rather than under the guise of any of the others' spooks due to the realization that those things only exist to centralize power is the opposite of what we have. We have a society in which the vast majority of people are spooked to death by various things against their own interest and in the interest of power centralized in the hands of the few (just look at /pol/ and /x/ perhaps the two most spooked places on the internet precisely because they think their ultra spooky conspiracy theories completely destroy spooks)
>>
>>68166787
>We have a society in which the vast majority of people are spooked to death by various things against their own interest
How can an egoist define another's interest? Maybe most people like being spooked, and you're the exception. In which case this is a perfect world.
>>
>>68166987
The point isn't that one Egoist should define other people's interest but that all people should BE Egoists who all understand that they are acting in their self-interest and thus society functions according to what is in the best interest of individuals which can also mean what is in the best interest of everybody generally. So long as spooks exist and Egoists are a minority a type of society like this can not exist. Stirner's point was that you can either choose to be an Egoist for yourself by spooking and manipulating spooks to manipulate others or that you can help others understand that they are already Egoists who have been duped by braver ones into supporting them rther than themselves and thus bring about the society I've already described, but that only if you choose the latter can society overall find freedom.

tl;dr Stirner was an anarchist
>>
>>68167319
>all people should BE Egoists
>should
spooky
>>
>>68165097
Stirner is entertaining. But in the end, I am right.
>>
>>68167549

I said "should" meaning Stirner thought that if people generally were to find the most free way to organize society they should all be Egoists not that all people should be Egoists simply because it was correct morally or an end in itself, which would obviously contradict it's point.

Pedantic aspies please go
>>
>>68168058
Yeah but who cares what Stirner thinks? I know that I am God. By the way does anyone know how to start a cult?
>>
LE EVERYTHING IS A LE SOCIAL CONSTRUCT XDXDXDXDXD

Yeah no shit, back to /leftypol/ OP
>>
>>68168410

Fantastic argumentative abilities you have my property

>>68168224
You obviously care sense you found it necessary to bump my thread with several non-sage responses
>>
>>68168224
I do
>>
>>68168558
>You obviously care sense you found it necessary to bump my thread with several non-sage responses
I was just pointing out that it is of no "rational" value to me to care what Stirner thinks. I mean I already had Stirner's philosophy when I was one year old. I don't have to read Stirner to understand it.

Moving beyond Stirner is called "being human".
>>
>>68168789
> I mean I already had Stirner's philosophy when I was one year old.

How's that?

>moving beyond Stirner is called being human

Why?
>>
>>68168937
>How's that?
Stirner's gimmick is simply to subtract, never to add. He just subtracts all obligations and writes down what is left. It's the void inside all of us.

We all started at that point, and after thousands of years we, came up with the society we have now. Why did we do it? We must have thought that we were fixing huge problems. Want to find out what those problems were? I don't.
>>
>YOUR OWN BRAIN IS A SPOOK

LMAO

Stirner was fucking retarded.
>>
File: fact.jpg (17 KB, 207x253) Image search: [Google]
fact.jpg
17 KB, 207x253
>>68169270
>Stirner's gimmick is simply to subtract, never to add

see >>68167319

Also I don't see how it's a gimmick if he never made a penny off of it or got any fame whatsoever even among the academics of his lifetime and even after his lifetime is only well known because of snarky memes

>We all started at that point, and after thousands of years we, came up with the society we have now.

You mean the one that is diametrically opposed to liberty and where police/security states would like for the general populace, including you as an individual, to have the least amount of real power or freedom possible over your own life

>Why did we do it? We must have thought that we were fixing huge problems.
Pic related

>Want to find out what those problems were? I don't.

Well you probably should stop being interested in philosophy or science
>>
>>68169700
>You mean the one that is diametrically opposed to liberty and where police/security states would like for the general populace, including you as an individual, to have the least amount of real power or freedom possible over your own life
Sounds to me that you have specific problems requiring specific solutions. You'll need allies, and you'll need to push for political change. None of which Stirner will help you with.
>you want me to fight against the government even though I might die? are u trying to spook me m8?
>>
>>68168224
Weve started a cult on this very board, as a matter of fact. Praise Kek!
>>
>>68165605
/thread
>>
>>68170721
>/threads a post that had several responses to it before you /threaded it

get out newfag
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.