[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is /pol/ on animal rights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_3654-1024x764.jpg (190 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3654-1024x764.jpg
190 KB, 1024x764
Should animals such as cats have rights or not?
>>
File: image.jpg (415 KB, 1200x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415 KB, 1200x823
>>68154645
No.
But when the chickenosaurus is made.
Yes.
>>
basic rights

the stuff PETA tries to do, like giving a monkey a copyright, is ridiculous
>>
>>68154645
>>
>>68154645
Animals deserves more rights than mudslimes & nignogs.
>>
>>68154645
Of course. There is no basis for denying a being rights due to their species beyond MUH FEELS. Anthropocentrists are exactly the same as SJWs.
>>68154960
So, give them rights to life and liberty, the two most basic rights that exist, but not to copyrights? Sounds good. I take it you're vegan then? If not, you don't respect even the most basic and fundamental rights for non-humans.
>>
>>68154645
Give definition of rights.
>>
No, animals don't deserve rights.They're dumb creatures that humans like to domesticate and form bonds with.
>>
>>68155582
>Give definition of rights.
Right to be petted. Right to get cat food. Right to play with mice. Right to sleep in my bed when my gf doesn't throw her out?
>>
>>68155338
groups like PETA want animals to be treated exactly as humans, I disagree with that. We are different from animals and pets are different from livestock. The idea that only vegans care about animals pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>68154645
i want to give that bastard a tummy rub
>>
Right not to be abused and tourtured but thats about it
>>
Animals deserve rights, they're living creatures, we're the dominant species in terms of intelligence and we form bonds with them, they should be respected. Of course we need food and shit, and hunting is alright in some cases, within reason they deserve rights.

That being said, there's a lot that goes on that most people don't know about or don't care about. I'm a vet student so we gotta know the ins and out of meat production since a lot of clients would be from that industry, the way some animals are raised is honestly horrific, some animals like pigs are born, kept in a 3 foot box, forced to become pregnant 12 times then slaughtered, only ever leaving the box to move from one shed to the other to get slaughtered, it's pretty awful. I understand why it's done and everything but sometimes I feel like it could be done better.

Can't stand militant vegans though, which I know a lot of given my career choice unfortunately.
>>
Some animals shouldn't be eaten, like dogs, and no animal should be treated in a way that'd seem inhumane if done to a human, meaning things like torture, abuse or neglect(if it's a pet).
>>
>>68154645

yes of course

not only cats btw
>>
>>68154645a
Animals should not have any rights. But keep eye open for people torturing animals. They are in the risk group.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.