[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
/pol/ BTFO
>>
Uh, what.
>>
>>68143383
Comparing an aircraft carrier to his reform plans is like comparing something actually real and useful to a fantasy fairy tale
Oh wait, it's like that exactly
>>
>>68143428
Military spending is government spending that takes tax dollars. The same tax dollars that could be being invested in education.

The US government recently ordered several thousand tanks for the US Army that the US Army told them it didn't need because the political chickenhawks had a throbbing boner for the idea of a perpetual asiatic land war. That money could've been spent elsewhere to far better effect.

People bitching about the costs of Bernie's proposed programs need to understand something. We already have the money. It's just that every project we fund with tax dollars is rife with corruption and overspending and there's never any meaningful prosecution or oversight. Clamp down on that and stop letting the pigs eat free at the trough and we'd have plenty of money. For everything. For anything.
>>
>>68143383
I have literally never heard a person call a U.S. military ship, weapon, or anything "free." Quite the opposite, in fact--we PAY for that ship so it can protect our freedoms.
>>
>>68143383
Isn't that what we've been saying this entire time? That this stuff isn't free, and someone has to pay for it?
>>
its make by people who thinks that if u drop your weapon enemy do the same.
>>
>>68143383
police and military are core functions of government. The other examples are not. The only reason why public education was adopted so early is because no one wanted a country run by idiots who vote for free stuff.
>>
>>68143383
lol this has to be the worst argument ive seen.

we all agree that aircraft carriers cost money.
>>
>Occupy Democrats

I wonder how buttblasted they'll be when Bernie drops out. Unless they support Hillary too.
>>
Do you think that most people with steady careers probably don't support Bernie? It's kind of like the classical "self interest only" principle in economics.

If these Bernie Bros had a stable career, do you think they'd be attending all these protests and urging for a $15 minimum wage?
>>
>>68144924
or maybe they are trying to argue that both is not free and both is needed. idk
>>
>>68143864
Good reading comprehension.
>>
Do I want to pay for a ship the size of a fucking city defending my freedom and trade routes abroad? yes

Do I want to pay for tyrone's degree in fashion design, create a system that devalues my own degree, and furthers gibmedat culture?
No
>>
>>68145255
>le ebin nigger meme
>le ebin meme degrees meme
>le ebin gibsmedats entitlement meme
>>
>>68144981
I am pro-world not going to hell. Bernie was pretty much the only out for that.

We're headed for a period of absolute surveillance and the suppression of people. The perpetuation of narrative. Control. Jackboots. Your children will not be educated. They will be domesticated. And we will truly enter into dark days once thought gone.

I don't even think Bernie would be a good president. I just think he'd be a step away from where we're headed. But now it really seems unavoidable. Whoever wins will smile and nod and continue to allow the establishment of a state of complete control.

And they'll likely do it riding a meme.
>>
>>68143383
>occupy democrats
this is a parody group or something right? this "argument" literally proves /pol/'s point.
>>
>>68145199
And what exactly was wrong with my statement?
>>
>>68143806
Where the fuck did you hear that? The US doesn't have the money to provide universal healthcare and free education, unless they increase taxes drastically
>>
>>68143383

So Bernie Sanders supports Universal Conscription?
>>
>>68144670
This is also what I was thingken bout.
>>
>>68143383

This is actually pro /pol/ since it drives the point home that nothing is free. You have to pay to obtain, my view on it is; that a carrier will only be bought once and work for decades. Free college or free health care is something that needs to be bought yearly.
>>
>>68145371
>you should not be allowed to decide what to do with your money

Yet Berniefags claim to fight for "freedom"
>>
>>68145467
Nothing. I wasn't being sarcastic.
>>
>>68143383
But Bernie himself says 'free college' and 'free healthcare'
>>
>>68143806
We runa deficit every year. We do not have any extra money. We need to slash spending by nearly 1/3 across the board just to make tax revenue equal to government spending you fucking moron.
>>
>>68143383

Pretty sure Bernie himself regularly calls his policies free. It's not like we are twisting his words, I'm sure he has directly said "free college education".
>>
File: 5720364.png (120 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5720364.png
120 KB, 600x600
>>68143383
>tfw you're not simple minded enough to understand this image
>>
>>68145373

You realize that the establishment is "pro-world not going to hell." The best way that can be achieved is through pacifying people and not upsetting the political scene.

Any upsets or drastic changes would lead to a lot of long term, bureaucratic/think tank planning to go out the window. The 10, 20, 50 year plans that have been made would all be for nothing and a lot of functionaries wouldn't know what to do.

Bernie wouldn't upend anything. He'd just be attempting to bring us more in line with a European style society (which wouldn't work in the US).
>>
it's the commies that call it "free healthcare" and "free college"
We're the ones who've been pointing out that it costs taxpayer money

They're gonna call their own stupidity retarded and act like this is some EPIC zing showing us how stupid we are?
>>
I agree with that. both cost tax payers money to do. your point being?
>>
>>68145371
>Thinking those things are memes and not facts
laughinggirls.jpeg

Thousands of college graduates are struggling to find work because due to the availability of loans and affirmative action, undergrad is the new high school.

One thing Rubio was right about is that people should be trying to fill the huge demand for trade jobs like welders and manufacturers instead of thinking they cant be successful unless they go to college
>>
>>68143383

When the fuck did anyone say military spending was "free"?

If anything this just supports our point: universal healthcare/education isn't "free". As such, you need to qualify it's expenditure.

Military is extremely important, especially considering the U.S. is forced to be the "world police" of sorts. Honestly I agree: I hope under Trump we reduce our policing of the world much more, and force other countries to increase their own military spending instead of just, on the one hand, expecting the U.S. to save their asses if anyone attacks, yet on the other hand, spitting in our faces and burning our flag.
>>
>>68143806

You have no idea how much money we have.

>>68145373

>the guy who wants to destroy economic freedom and massively expand the federal government is the one that's fighting against state control

Bernouts are fucking retards. This is unbelievable.
>>
>>68145371
>meme degrees don't real
You're literally saying our tax money should pay for this:
http://louderwithcrowder.com/baltimore-professor-white-people-need-to-personally-give-all-their-money-to-black-people/
>>
IT'S IN IRONY

I
R
O
N
Y

We call it "free stuff" precisely to mock it. Nobody here actually considers wealth redistribution programs to be "free stuff".

It goes against people who want 'free this' or 'free that', usually because they think they can turn objects and services into "rights".
>>
>>68145550
yes. he supports conscription of doctors and nurses.
>>
>>68145589
You'll get freedom. The freedom to choose your gender and pronouns.

You wanted the freedom to choose whether or not you want a gun to protect yourself, and what kind of gun it is? Come on, it's 2016!
>>
File: average communist.png (105 KB, 928x872) Image search: [Google]
average communist.png
105 KB, 928x872
>>68145373
>a kike who's contributed to the destruction of the USA would save it
Yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>68146246
>>68146246

Also furthermore: There's plenty of excessive unnecessary spending and inefficiency in the military. In the government as well, including of course governmental health care and welfare benefits.

It's more a structural issue. It's not about the amount of money spent, it's HOW it's spent. It's like how every time we try to fix problems with our school system in the U.S. things just continue to be shit because of the bureaucracy, teacher's unions (public unions, mind you), lack of competition, politicians deciding how to spend the money instead of the teachers, inability to fire bad teachers and create incentives for good teachers, etc etc etc. That's why charter schools are so great and why teachers unions hate them so much: because they generally illustrate what it would look like if a school were run without being dominated by government intervention and public unions.
>>
>>68143383

Nice meme. I keep trying to explain this to trumptards. The government will print and borrow money regardless. We don't live in a capitalist society. Money comes out of thin air. If they are going to create wealth anyway why not change policy, so that wealth goes to entities that are not banks, military hardware, prisons, prison guard unions, mega corporations, foreign countries, market speculators, ...
>>
>>68143383
The Constitution tasks the Federal Government with providing for our defense. Military expenditures are justified. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say providing healthcare and school is their purpose.
>>
>>68146847

FREE MONEY?
>>
>>68146847
lol, you assume those in charge can be made to believe in the betterment of society instead of paying off special interests and big industry that keeps them in power...
>>
>>68147273
>FREE MONEY?

It's not free money. In reality it comes at the risk of defaulting in the future and inflation. We have already accepted those risks. I'd rather suffer the consequences of dubious economic policy with the intent to insure my health or childs education, than suffer the consequences for war in the mid east or to bail out a speculator.
>>
>>68146695
Yes, there is inefficiency, and unnecessary spending but how much do you think you would realistically save by getting rid of the inefficiency in government spending. Not nearly enough to pay for universal healthcare and education, without increasing taxes.
>>
>>68147500
>lol, you assume those in charge can be made to believe in the betterment of society instead of paying off special interests and big industry that keeps them in power...

I know it seems impossible. I'm not actually expecting anything to.change before the collapse.
>>
>>68143631

Exactly free education and healthcare are very useful and another aircraft carry only serves to promote the fantasy of American military superiority

With their 600 billion dollar defense budget they cant beat a bunch of dirty farmers with antiquated soviet small arms and improvised explosive devices in Afghanistan
>>
>>68146847
Yes, that is exactly what Trump is going to do. This is what Bernie wants to do also, except he has no idea how economics works.
>>
>>68143383
>>68143806
When exactly did Obama cut military spending?
>>
>>68148564
>When exactly did Obama cut military spending?

Obama increased military spending.
>>
>>68143864
>>68145199
>>68145467
>>68145653
Sanders supporters think it will all be free, rather all their student debt will be wiped out and college will be free

They even say free college
>>
>>68148806
And they call Republicans war mongers that waste money on military
>>
>>68148047
They can, just not legally.
>>
>>68143383
Wait....what?
I don't get the reference/joke.
>>
>>68143383
Ironically, libtards are highly in favor of cutting our military budget.
>>
File: unt-56765-png.png (418 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
unt-56765-png.png
418 KB, 600x429
>>68143383
>>
>>68148047
>>68149202
FACT: 2/3rds of US military deaths in Afghanistan were under Obama
>>
>>68149385
Needs le merchant shop
>>
>>68143383
Hillary is that you?
>>
File: Welfare Spending.png (1 MB, 1355x723) Image search: [Google]
Welfare Spending.png
1 MB, 1355x723
>>68143383
Reminder.

Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>68148987
I'm not sure if there has ever been a president that did not raise military spending. On either side.
Bernie might have been the first, Hillary seems like the type to raise it though.
Before Bernie pulled her to the left, she was basically a moderate republican.
>>
>>68149405
One of the most pathetic leaders the US has ever had, actual probably the most. Our enemies love him, our allies hate him.
>>
>>68149683
How could he turn his back on Israel
>>
>>68149385
Jesus Christ. Now we need to worry about space mosquitos too?
>>
How is an aircraft carrier a free ship? You don't get to ride it all the time. You certainly don't have free access to it whenever you'd like.
>>
>>68143383
Well if we're on the road of irrational arguments we could just as well say that a navy aircraft carrier is free, as the people operating the ship fights for freedom.
>>
>>68143383

Doesn't that prove the point that universal healthcare and public education aren't "free", though?

Liberlols stump themselves at this point, jesus fucking christ this is hilarious.
>>
>>68143383
America is too disorganised and corrupt to have universal healthcare and education. It already spends one of highest in the world per student per year, forr thier relatively shit education.
>>
>>68152398
>relatively shit

:^)
>>
>>68143383
So where is my free personal aircraft carrier?

Also where is my free rocket?
>>
>>68143383

uhhhhhhhhh

....neither are free.

difference is, one stops other countries from attacking us, and the other helps special snowflakes learn how oppressed they are.
>>
>>68143383
The ONLY people who claim these things are free shit are Berniefags.
>>
>>68152916

Actually, I have a question:

What does /pol/ think of free (or at least subsidized) STEM-education, under the requirement that a certain grade/GPA is kept? Or maybe trade school for needed blue collar workers? Again, only assuming a certain GPA and grades for certain classes (like all science/math classes need at least a B- or something)?

As in, free college guaranteed as long as you go into STEM/the trades and you can handle the material?
>>
>>68149495

It took me a while. But the left is good because it's flashy and the right is bad because the chick is unattractive, right?

In the end the crap on the left is as much of an excess and hindrance as the fat on the nigger.
>>
>>68154178
>the internet and satellites are good because they are flashy
>>
>>68143383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjkUKFMQIVk [Embed]
since this op is a faggot might as well pass on the work of a based op
>>
>>68145485

or cut down on military spending. no more wars in middle east.
>>
>>68154178
no, right is bad because shes nigger
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.