[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about masculinity /pol/ There's an argument
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 15381__fight_club_l.jpg (168 KB, 1200x768) Image search: [Google]
15381__fight_club_l.jpg
168 KB, 1200x768
Let's talk about masculinity /pol/

There's an argument to be made about the "feminization of the modern man". Pic related Fight Club discussed, among other things, how "we're a generation of men raised by women". Is this true /pol/? Are millenials/genY feminized men? I was born in 95 and spent a lot of my life growing up with my mom and sister since my dad was obsessed with golf.

Post your thoughts and any books or media on the subject. I want to read more about it
>>
femininity and masculinity are not mutually exclusive. See metrosexuals
>>
File: 20160320_132902.jpg (985 KB, 1153x1030) Image search: [Google]
20160320_132902.jpg
985 KB, 1153x1030
>>68138303
Bumping with some meme material I found recently
>>
>>68138303
Modern man is more likely to be at an office all day getting no sun and exercise which lowers his test. Then he goes home to be on his computer instead of interacting with other people which lowers his socialization capabilities.

Has nothing to do with being raised by women, though being a skinnyfat autist will make you more susceptible to control-freak women.
>>
>>68138551
Says a guy from the country where oil wrestling is the manliest of activities.
>>
do i continue no fap?

it's day 2
>>
>>68138551
True, but in general are we seeing less and less masculine generations of men over the last 50 or so years?
>>
>>68138681
What is your point?
>>
I've seen fight club maybe 5-6 times and I still can't remember this shot/screencap
>>
>>68138746
I'd say so. We need a good World War to shake the youth out of apathy.
>>
>>68138678
Very interesting point. So you'd agree that the average man is less masculine, but it's not caused by being raised by women?
>>
>>68138836

deleted scene? or maybe it's just a production photo
>>
File: 2279957-razor_ramon.jpg (103 KB, 496x689) Image search: [Google]
2279957-razor_ramon.jpg
103 KB, 496x689
>>68138303
Who /oozes machismo/ here?
>>
>>68138836
Lol same. It's a great movie but I don't know why it chooses this moment for the first Google search.

Does anyone have any books on the subject? I need something to read
>>
File: 1457019330289.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457019330289.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
>>68138303
Fight Club is about Gen X. Gen Y is much worse.
>>
>>68139050
I'm hairy as fuck so I guess that counts. But probably not. When did the faggy shaving of body hair become the norm?
>>
>>68138901
i think its a mixture of both.
>>
>>68139267
And I'm the end of the millenials, born in 95. Am I just fucked up beyond belief?
>>
File: 1457380381380.jpg (21 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457380381380.jpg
21 KB, 200x200
>>68138303
It's true OP, the best thing you can do is work out until you get fit, marry a qt, raise your son with constant attention.
>read to him when he's young
>have him read to you when he's older
>teach him a second language when he's young
>spend all your afternoons playing with him
>take him running with you and working out
>have him do sports

If you follow all these instructions your son will have
>deep understanding of the English language
>the ability to talk without spilling his spaghetti
>a fit body at a young age
>knowledge of teamwork and social skills

Basically anon, if you try hard you can make an amazing alpha male and productive member of society
>>
>>68138901

The vast majority of men don't participate in masculine activities anymore by their own choosing.
>>
>>68138836
that shot isn't in the film but you can see it was taken in the fight scene where the narrator get beaten up by a black dude
right after the narrator and tyler take the bus and talk about masculinity
>>
>>68139050

I grew up surfing and shit. I'm still built like a linebacker to this day. If I lifted I'd be huge but I stay big and natural.

It's nice to be naturally V shaped /pol/ it's so fucking nice. I can gain/lose 20 lbs and look pretty much the same.

I work with heavy shit so that probably keeps me looking macho too. I'm also a little loud and a little goofy. Women seem to love that.
>>
>>68139472
Because it's easier and there's no doubt that even men want the easier path in life but at what cost? They grow up to be soft-bodied autists that only SJWs will date.
>>
>>68139391
Great points, thanks. Although I'm only 21, not looking to settle yet. If I have a daughter what do?
>>
>>68139379

it's not too late. Try doing true manly things. Find old people who need someone to chop wood for them. Volunteer to clear trails with the forest service. Be a volunteer fireman, you can then say "im a fucking fireman".

It's easy and older dudes will take you in, show you the ropes and do their best to macho you up.

Avoid "nerdy" outside activities such as bike riding and folfing. Fuck those faggots.

GET YOUR ASS OUTSIDE.

You'll meet women too.
>>
>>68138303

the hint is in the quote

divorce rates are ridiculous for americans so its literally a rare thing to have a father
>>
masculinity is dangerous and breeds rapists! #allmen
>>
>>68139737
Pray
>>
>>68139737
believe it or not, pretty similar strategy, but also support her more nurturing instincts. A lot of it sorts itself out as long as your involved. that is the most important thing.
>>
>>68138806
No point. Your argument is valid especially in the light of your cultural background.
>>
>>68139737
I'd say let your wife do the majority of parenting if you know she will raise her correctly. As a dad you can still read to her and everything, this gives her a great start and for the rest of her life she will have almost no problems with public speaking.

The girl scouts still teaches great things to girls although she may be poisoned by other young girls who were forced into it by their parents, so be cautious. Raise her in the church, going to sunday school, singing in the choir etc. If you live near the coast get her into a Crew program, which is basically team rowing. Crew should teach her lots about teamwork and Crew teams are far less toxic than say volleyball. My youngest sister did Crew which made her strong then followed it up with joining the Texas Aggies ROTC and Marching Band. Though I am her brother I can say that she has grown to be a fine, strong, healthy, self-sufficient woman.
>>
ban the personal computer entirely and the problem fixes itself. Feminism is not the root, TECHNOLOGY is.

I'm an electrical engineer and starting to realize that being involved in the tech industry is inherently anti-masculine because it supplants male labor.
>>
>>68138303
I am a millenial male, and I hate to admit it but I'm a tremendous faggot. However it wasn't my choice to be like this! I have been raised by women the whole life, and I can't help but think that I'm not "complete".
But shit at least I admit it and I'm looking for something to do about it and try to man up and stop being the crying girl they raised me to be.
>>
In fact electricity is really what started the end of masculinity. the Amish have it right.

I just wish I could go back to thinking that tinkering with electronics is masculine and a positive thing.
>>
>>68138303
I'm 6'4" tall with a 10 inch as girthy as a tennis ball container, making $500,000 a year.

No feminization here - speak for yourself, OP
>>
>>68138678
I agree with this, as a young man would love to dedicate more time to developing myself as a man, but my studies are so demanding that I literally have no time for that.
>>
File: 1455917204815.gif (375 KB, 174x138) Image search: [Google]
1455917204815.gif
375 KB, 174x138
>>68139379
Not yet. I'm '91, so I kind of experienced both worlds. It would have been better to born in the 80's though. I you remember VHS tapes, you're okay

Listen to >>68139858
>>
>>68141581
honestly for most people even LITERACY is emasculating.

most people in the past were farmers who didn't even need to fucking read let alone go to school and were just fine. Literacy should be a privilege for monks and other disciplined people, not for the masses. Reading is really overrated and it's NOT what made the west great.
>>
It's funny how nobody considers this. most people in the past didn't even need to fucking read or study at all! The books weren't meant for people like me and you.

more literacy = more indoctrination and lower birthrates. The illiterate are the backbone of society, or used to be until their ability to live fulfilling lives was taken away by industrial society
>>
which is why it's funny that so many people here consider themselves intellectuals and recommend people to read books to improve their minds

wake up call: NOPE, most people here are the descendants of PEASANTS and were NEVER meant to read those things. Get to the fields fuckers.
>>
File: 1457517097855.jpg (45 KB, 446x357) Image search: [Google]
1457517097855.jpg
45 KB, 446x357
>>68141971
stop shitposting
>>
>>68142131
what have YOU done to build something lasting in civilization? NOTHING.

if you never knew how to read it wouldn't make one difference. It was always a tiny minority of aristocrats, leaders and self-taught who change civilizations. Aka those who would have learned to read and teach themselves on their own. But for most people, reproducing and laboring are much more important in keeping society together than ever being literate at a all. How do you think the Muslims are beating us?
>>
>>68141800
I highly disagree with that. Literacy is not emasculating, but it is necessary and a clear sign of minimum decency. The illiterates are the ones who are voting for the far-left communists in Spain right now.
That said, the masculine guys I know are usually completely dumb, but they are also the ones who get laid.
>>
Its true for me
Was raised by my mum and granddad since my dad has mental issues due to drug abuse at an early age
I was a crybaby and a faggot for years because my mother coddled me
Only reason im not like that any more is my granddad and uncles are pretty based and were around a lot so I had male role models.

It also seems to be true of a lot of people I know who are incredibly coddled by their mothers despite the fact they have fathers around, though Im not sure if its more than there were in previous generations.
>>
>>68141516
>I just wish I could go back to thinking that tinkering with electronics is masculine and a positive thing.

What exactly is stopping you?
>>
As a normal faggot there's nothing more unattractive than limpwristed, flaming queers
>>
I feel pretty masculine and have to work with a lot of feminim people. I feel like masculin people dont belong anywhere nowadays, especially if you dont wanna be working class.
>>
>>68138901
Every man since the dawn of time has been raised by women. That is literally normal. Men have shit to do, women do to--but part of that shit is raising kids.

The man is there to provide a distant but respectable role model, not to dote on his kids like Willy fucking Wonka. A father must to an extent be detached from his children--the mother is the source of love and affection, but the father is the light in the distance that beckons them to adventure out of their comfort zone, to strive for achievement, to swim through the black waters towards that distant flame.

A father must not intervene often, but when he does, his touch must be like fire, it must tell of great futures and marvelous destiny. A father must tell his son, in that rarest of moments, that if he continues to strive, someday, perhaps, he will enter that exalted brotherhood of Men. And there, together, they will ride, equals at last.

But only if he tries. Only if he strives. Only if he adventures without fear.
>>
Stop giving in to women who unapologetically control males and who promote male disposability and female dominance. Watching them rage while you sit back is comedy gold.
Also, every man should read Marcus Aurelius' Meditations.
>>
>>68139660
Same only skateboarding/skiing. Growing up I loved to fight. My dad to. I remember my dad sending me to beat a guys ass at a stop light over road rage. All of my friends fought, Wed even fight each other just to ride in the front seat. I did wrestling when younger and swimming/water polo in high school.

Then I got older and kind of felt bad, but now I see it was normal. I then got a gf that made me think it took more guts and mental capacity not to chimp out so I try to go that route.
>>
>>68138678
Being a skinnyfat autist will make you more susceptible to virginity
>>
>>68139858
I golf, has nothing to do with manliness. You're probably a bitch ass that can't hit the ball straight cuz your a pussy.

I ski, skateboard, wake board, play tennis, racketball and I don't mind going to fisticuffs so long as I can avoid jail cuz jail sucks.

Your just a pussy. Work on your own car, go hiking/camping. Just don't be a pussy, and everyone should be lifting weights, especially in your developing yeaes.

Don't hate on a sport because you'll never be good at it. Also, my mom can split logs; doesn't make you a manly man.
>>
>>68141516
It can be. My grandpa was in the air force but was an electronics enthusiast. Was into radios, was part of his military service, and had direct lines to Eisenhower I was told. He owned am electronics repair shop, but you can't let it over run your life. He also ate healthy, like a lot of vegetables.

We are also exposed to 10x the environmental estrogens.
>>
I agree with this entirely based on what guys from the US have told me and personal experience in NZ and Australia.

Most guys here under 25 are out of shape leftists who think they're great because their mum and dad bought them a 25 year old car and they have the new gaming console.

Many of the woman are masculine and overweight or underweight and have no morality.
I'm not even talking about a Christian level of no sex before marriage I'm talking a don't have sex with everyone you know of the opposite gender.

I literally have no faith in the people my age.
Every second female and about every third male seems to be selectively gay for attention which must be pretty insulting to the non attention seeking gay people.
Seriously considering moving to a conservative country.

Lets just screw everyone:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/22444/Kiwi-women-most-promiscuous-in-the-world

Just follow media lies:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/love-sex/73752772/Most-women-are-either-lesbian-or-bisexual-but-never-straight-study-claims
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.