[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ I always hear that if the US were to get rid of its illegals,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: illegal_immigrants.jpg (23 KB, 460x343) Image search: [Google]
illegal_immigrants.jpg
23 KB, 460x343
/pol/ I always hear that if the US were to get rid of its illegals, that it would destroy our agriculture and prices on produce would sky rocket. The thing is, I never hear an estimate on just how high produce would go up if they had to pay Americans fair wages to do the jobs instead.

Is there any source that delves into this issue? If it was 5 cents, 10 cents more per produce, I'd be fine with paying that extra if it meant that it went to paying Americans decent wages rather than a bunch of illegal spics like pic related.
>>
pls respond
>>
>>68135635
I agree completely anon. Hell, I'd be willing to pay 50% for my fruit if it meant ridding the country of mexicans.
>>
>>68136842
*50% more.
>>
>>68135635
>/pol/ I always hear that if the US were to get rid of its illegals, that it would destroy our agriculture and prices on produce would sky rocket.

We have a LEGAL migrant worker visa program. It is designed with agricultural workers in mind. This is literally a non-issue.
>>
>>68135635
I think you answered your own question, even if the prices of food rises marginally, it's not a good enough reason not to defend one's borders and enforce one's laws.

Also this: >>68137198

There are legal alternatives if you really need sub-min-wage labour to keep your vegetables bargain-priced.
>>
>>68135635
There is no estimate because those are completely made up claims. I guarantee that no large producer of produce pays people under the table, they all register with payroll companies so they don't have to do their own income tax, or file their employees tax return forms themselves.
All payroll companies require a ss# when adding an employee, but they don't actually check to see if it is valid. This also prevents employers from paying less than minimum wage.

Maybe if there is a big harvest and a tractor breaks down, they might get a few day laborers to pick some produce to have something to take to market so they can afford to repair the equipment. But the majority of produce is not hand picked, it is a largely automated setup with one guy driving a tractor through the fields to collect stuff.

Tldr; the price of food won't go up a single cent of we deport all illegal immigrants
>>
File: 1457743326296.jpg (247 KB, 520x1180) Image search: [Google]
1457743326296.jpg
247 KB, 520x1180
>>68135635
>>
The real reason Dems are whining is that they, as always, enjoy keeping and exploiting an oppressed underclass and don't want to lose the power that they get from doing so.
>>
>>68137198
This.
>>
>>68135635
Seeing as we pay farms to NOT grow food in order to stabilize prices I doubt the cost of food would change that much

The only real issue is that Big Farm will purposely raise the price of products so they can say "see look at this! Trump is killing us with his policies!! Get rid of him America or your lettuce will cost 1000 bucks"
>>
The increase (if any) would be greatly offset by the money we save not giving these fucks welfare/healthcare/gibmedats and arresting/deporting them
>>
Don't we artificially retain high prices on agriculture and subsidies to farmers? Why do we need illegal labor to depress prices when prices are artificially high in the first place?
>>
>>68137954
>Why do we need illegal labor to depress prices when prices are artificially high in the first place?
we dont, i think that a mandate should be put in that would dictate a certain % of the crops produced by those who recieve agriculture subsidies would be forced to be sold inside the USA
>>
>exploiting what essentially amounts to, by american standards, slave labor, or at least "slave-lite".
>social justice, progressive, forward-thinking
>wanting to create a system where LEGAL CITIZENS are paid a fair wage for the same job, more LEGAL CITIZENS have jobs instead of being unemployed
>BIGOT, XENOPHOBE, FUCKING WHITE MALE!

Explain this to logic to me.
>>
>>68139258
>exploiting what essentially amounts to, by american standards, slave labor, or at least "slave-lite".

By pretty much every legal standard it's considered a form of slavery. Just like debt-bondage, peonage, and indentured servitude.

But you know, it's not like Democrats haven't fought to keep exploiting slave labor before...
>>
>>68139608

Yeah but some people have tried to tell me it isn't actually slavery because "well they actually get paid and no one is forcing them to be there" so I add in that qualifier.

But I believe it's essentially slavery personally. It kinda sickens me that somehow democrats have brainwashed minorities (latinos, in this case) that they have their best interest in mind and got them to actually WANT this slavery.

But on the other hand, I think it's because they believe while they're slaves, their children won't be, their children born here will be legal citizens entitled to free gibsmedats, especially free education. Not realizing that this costs real taxpayers real money, or that it further contributes to unemployment with a continued oversaturation of workers in the job market.

But they couldn't give less of a fuck about legal citizens, it's fucking sickening. As long as they get theirs they'd just as soon see an American starve to feed their own mouth.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.