[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to old-fashioned classical Liberalism ? When did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Robespierre.jpg (16 KB, 353x347) Image search: [Google]
Robespierre.jpg
16 KB, 353x347
What happened to old-fashioned classical Liberalism ?
When did this noble political direction end, why is modern neo-liberalism mainly filled with transexualand feministic degeneracy ?
I mean, present-day liberals would consider the founding fathers as conservative barbarians
>>
Liberalism was a luxury that we could only afford from the 17th to 19th centuries.

You know, Decline of Empires and all.
>>
>>68122178

It's making a comeback. Check out The Rubin Report

He's a classical liberal homosexual who used to work for The Young Turks, but left them (probably because of their stupid, stupid ideas and format).

He has been interviewing right-wing people. A lot of talk about free speech and anti-SJW

https://www.youtube.com/user/RubinReport
>>
>>68122494

* he's also got Larry King contributing to his new website, UnsafeSpeech.com
>>
>>68122178
it came true
>>
>>68122494
>>68122609
looks very interesting, I will check it out later

But still, I have the misgiving that today SJW and neo-libtard movements would bash his and others opinions ridiculously enough as right-wing ideas
>muh Hitler
>>
>>68122178
Robespierre was a barbarian.
>>
>>68122178
I hate the new age of liberalism. I'm very much an old fashioned liberal in my beliefs. I hate SJW's and that BLM garbage.

All these new faggot liberals are no better then the ultra right wing conservatives.
>>
>>68122494

This. He's had some great guests on already and some of them have their own shows/podcasts. There seems to be a nice movement coming along now to counteract the bullshit of the regressive left which has been prevalent for too long now.
>>
>>68122178

I think it really only works when the actual decision-making at the uppermost levels is left to a wise, well-informed elite that is both able to resist demagogic pressure from populists while not being selfish and myopic to ignore their real interests and needs.

Right now we have the worst of both worlds: an elite that consistently makes ridiculously stupid decisions and only cares about its own narrow self-interest combined with a borderline-retarded, short-sighted, mass populace that goes from one hysteria to another.
>>
>>68122178
The problem is Americans don't know what the fuck Liberalism means. Progressives changed to Liberals in the early-mid 20th century because they fucked things up with WWI and Prohibition, among other things. Basically a re-branding. Then they became Lib-Dems with the addition of sjw/social conscientiousness shit and dropped a lot of the pragmatism of early Liberalism.

The closest thing we've got now to Classical Liberalism is Libertarian, but even that has strayed somewhat from good ole Classical Liberalism.
>>
>>68123452
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FRENCH HISTORY PLEASE STFU
>>
>>68122178

Classical Liberalism ended because it became obsolete.
Every western country today is basically what liberals wanted (republicanism, judicial equality, freedom of speech, secularism, etc.).
The horrors we witness today are a direct result of the triumph of classic liberalism.
>>
>>68122178
classical liberalism was about freedom from the government (no unnecessary government influence on the individual)
today (in germany) people want more government. more program, more redistribution, more government working towards a "fair" society. that is why, in germany, classical liberalism is dead
>>
>>68122178
Look up Austin Petersen.
>>
File: 1447716406939.jpg (91 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447716406939.jpg
91 KB, 400x400
>>68126742
Classical Liberalism is a Western European philosophy (France/Enalgand) and Germany has only really been Western since the post 1945 period. Before that Germany was considered East or Central Europe, which is why they developed culturally so differently than other parts of Europe. It was Adenauer/Erhard after the war that molded Germany into a western style government and economy. Where things go derailed was in the 60's due to the influx of communist theory into youth culture. That's why the late 50's is such a stark contrast with the late 60's. Hell, much of the 68 riots were provoked by the KGB in West Germany.

The problem with classical liberal thought is that it's about no central control of economics or society, which is great in theory, but is also a dialectic. That's what allowed for leftist subversion in the mid-20th century. They rotted away our virtue of civics and responsibility. Identity politics is the same as communist politics.
>>
The name was subverted by authoritarian leftists, quite ironically.
>>
>>68122494
He is a very un-biased interviewer.
>>
>>68126445
please 'enlighten' us then, Jacques
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.