[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most based language to study?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
/pol/ please arrange the following languages in order of (most based) to (least based), then please explain why

(most based)
English
Mandarin
Cantonese
Korean
Japanese
Spanish
French
German
Portugese
(least based)

Why:

English: international business / science language, English internet is biggest and most active internet. no english -> person not srs.
Mandarin: China will overtake US and Europe in economic force in my children's lifetime. Also Taiwan pretty cool.
Cantonese: Hong Kong is best China. Financial center of Asia.
Korean: Best Korea has lightning fast internet, AI / robotics research.
Japanese: nuked and defeated, but we respect their perfectionism, discipline and suicide mentality.
Spanish: Franco and Pinochet were based, unfortunately, most of latin america is full of shitskins and communists
French: smelly, thinks everyone should learn french, full of shitskins and communists, sucks anglo dick in geopolitics but acts superior
German: kebab, ahmed, angela merkel, rapefugee, white genocide, hitler betrayed the reich, cultural marxism, jews, the eurozone.
Portugese: portugal not important, Brazil full of niggers, arms dealers, child prostitutes, corrupt politicans, niggers

also, i speak fluent english and spanish and advanced french (i am so ashamed) tell me what to study
>>
Georgian of course
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_language

Too bad reddit shits use our letters for meme...
აბგდევზთ ღ ყ ლ etc
>>
>>68116508
What about classical latin?
>>
yeah there is no reason i would ever live in georgia, fuck off
>>
>>68116508

>your own
>english
>if your language is english then spanish
>python, c++, html+css, java
>>
>>68116846

latin is for humanities people
humanities is beta
STEM is alpha
BTFO
>>
>>68116865
because we have real football player, unlike your soccer players
>>
>>68116896

compare programming languages to Mandarin in terms of how useful they will be over the next 30 years

both become more useful over time. perhaps would be useful to different people.
>>
>>68117022

> i sit on my ass and watch people stronger than me compete
> i do not compete at the same thing

move on slave
>>
>>68117055
not expert, but i cant believe that mandarin will get important
english will probably dominate
>>
>>68116508

English, then German, then Japanese. English is obviously the best language. English is the first global lingua franca. English is the language of the future. The English language has the most books, the most films, the most songs, the most science publications, arguably the most speakers (ahead of even Mandarin if people who know only a few words of English are counted), it is the official language of both the sea (i.e. Seaspeak) and the sky (i.e. Airspeak) and it will someday become humanity's universal language of space (de jure or otherwise). English was also the first language spoken by humans on another world besides Earth (i.e. the Moon). Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish and Mandarin cannot compete with the linguistic leadership of English.
>>
File: 1_original.jpg (220 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
1_original.jpg
220 KB, 1000x666
>>68116508
>Most based language to study?
Lisp
>>
>>68116896

> if your language is english then spanish

> if you live in california, canada, the UK, you should learn spanish and not chinese

how did you get into germany pedro?
>>
>>68117222

Trips of truth!
>>
>>68116508

I speak American English which is the only real language.

Why the fuck would I waste my time studying some pointless, guttural chatter?
>>
>>68116508

>English - language of business must learn.

>Mandarin - Over 10000 characters, mmmno its not going to take over English

>Cantonese - See above

>Korean - They will learn english

>Japanese - Literally why? Not enough people speak this, good for parlor chicks and getting waifu (if american) in Japan

>Spanish - This is a must (especially if combined with Portuguese and English) you can speak to damn near half of the planet
>French - Whatever, useful for some african states and france itself. Other than that its a dice roll.

>German - Between it and french its not difficult to learn (if English was first spoken language.)

>Portugese - See Spanish

>(least based)

Why is Russian and Arabic not on here? What the shit Chile?
>>
>>68117222
>>68117324

yes we know english is #1

why german #2 and japanese #3? both defeated. germany: kebab, ahmed, angela merkel, rapefugee, white genocide, hitler betrayed the reich, cultural marxism, jews, the eurozone.
>>
>>68116508
english
german
russian
spanish
norwegian
french
other germanic/scandinavian languages
power gap
mandarin
everything else

mandarin is the biggest meme of all. all relevant chinamen speak english, and can do so better than you will ever be able to speak mandarin. don't lower yourself (literally) to their level by going out of your way to learn their nasty language, they won't actually respect you for it, they'll be amused that you bothered to try and learn it, at your expense.
when dealing with asians the best thing to do is be the proud, arrogant and superior white man. that's what they respect, and you do this by speaking english, not moon runes.
>>
>>68117420

because im never going to freeze my ass of in russia and im never going to live among arabs

> not enough people speak this

here on pol we measure people by quality, not by numbers. there have always been more chinese than japanese, that hasn't stopped the japanese from killing them with spectacular casualty ratios, and currently out-economying them with a spectacular ratio.

back to your cuckshed
>>
>>68116508
Math.
>>
NOT IN ORDER (English is the most based, all others have limited but still significant appeal)

English is based for obvious reasons

Classical (i.e. Literary) Chinese is pretty cool, if you get it down you basically turn into Yoda

Japanese is pretty cool too IMHO, of the modern Asian cultures, Japan is still the best, even if the weeaboo meme does harm its image

Cantonese has niche appeal as it has the most cool factor among Chinese dialects thanks to Hong Kong, it also has the whole "faded glory" thing going on as a result of its colonial heritage and battle with Beijing for survival as an autonomous entity

German is based because of all the scientific and philosophical heritage, it's basically tied with French for second place among European languages IMHO

Korean culture is an acquired taste putting it mildly and so is its language, but the very things that make Korea unappealing to many people - largely the cruelty and harshness of its culture - have a certain contrary appeal to some people. Learn it and people will simultaneously be impressed (for one thing, because it's the hardest language in the world for a European to learn) and yet also ask, "why?"
>>
File: ayylienn.jpg (66 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
ayylienn.jpg
66 KB, 650x650
>>68116508
>Spanish: Franco and Pinochet were based
>>
>English
>Spanish
>Russian
>Arabic
>Chinese
English is pretty international, you can use it in Australia, Canada, US,Western Europe.
>Spanish you can use in southern US and almost on the whole south American continent except Hueland
>Russian can cover part of the Eastern Europe, western slavs like Czechs and Poles might partially understand what you're saying because Slavic languages are similar, same with Balkans. Also is the main language in the rest or EE,Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine. And of course Russia itself which is the biggest country.Russian can cover part of Central Asia, many people in post Soviet countries speak it.
>Arabic, hard to learn covers Middle East, part of Africa
>Chinese, too hard to learn, covers only one country
>Indian(I think there is no official language like that but I'm not gonna bother researching India)
Hard to learn, covers a shorty country
>>
>>68117539
>when dealing with asians the best thing to do is be the proud, arrogant and superior white man. that's what they respect

More like, that's what they pretend to respect.

To always do what Asians want you to do (remain ignorant of them and always at a disadvantage when dealing with them) is to be a fool.

I'm sure many whites would feel more comfortable if most blacks, Asians and other whites didn't understand European languages or speak them properly so that they could be condescended to or controlled easier, but more knowledge is always a good thing.
>>
>>68116508
Which other language does English most sound like before you learn it?
>>
Only a retarded bastard would like chinkinese.
>>
>>68117966

Dutch.
>>
>>68116508
Most based language to study?

I'm studying Korean. Pretty fucking based. Easy to read alphabet. Some simple grammar, some fucking impossible grammar. I think its definitely up there in some of the most difficult languages to learn - its really relies on context a lot and theres a lot of exceptions like English that can be a fucking cunt to understand. I really like the sound of the language too.

Mandarin..I hear that even saying words in different intonations or something changes the meaning. So that is pretty based. Oh and there are no like...grammatical rules for tenses?

Cantonese same shit.

French...eurgh honestly disgusting.

German, don't really care. Boring n shit.

Japanese, I can't take anyone who studies Japanese seriously desu

Russian or any slavic languages aren't on there, but they're based as fuck.
>>
>>68117783
>>68117665

(most based)
English - check
Math - in progress
Physics - in progress
Programming
Mandarin
Cantonese
Korean
Japanese
Spanish - check
French - 80%
German
Portugese
(least based)

fixed

note: as for "why"? let's assume that OP will go do a medical residency in -insert language dominion- and possibly wife a native and bring her back

for this operation define Mandarin as "Singapur or Taiwan" since living in mainland China is still a bad idea.
>>
>>68117963

hey korea how do you people feel about white foreigners in your country doing STEM, academic or medical work?
>>
>>68117055
programming in mandarin is terrible tho, compare the file size of a script written in english vs a script written in mandarin, mandarin is often 3 times larger
>>
>>68118112
>Dutch

Dutch oven?
>>
>>68116508
You should have included Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and/or Turkish. It's beneficial in times of war to know the language of your enemy, or as they say in Arabic,
من عرف لغة قوم أمن شره
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.