[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who said the days of creation happened after each other? Maybe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (181 KB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
image.png
181 KB, 1024x725
Who said the days of creation happened after each other? Maybe the days of creation could of been separated by millions of days? Millions of years! Creating what we now know as the Age of the Dinosaurs and evolution? Remember, in the bible it says the 1000 years is a mear blink for God.
>>
>>68101810
"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Not a blink of an eye.

Time does not exist.
>>
>>68101930

>Time does not exist

t.High Schooler who thinks he's deep
>>
>>68101810
Because god is omnipotent.

Time does not effect him, he dictates time and space and the only boundaries he has to conform to are the ones he creates for himself.

Why would an all powerful being wait?, in fact why would he create us at all? what does he get out of it?.

Shit has too many paradoxes.
>>
Or what if the creation narrative of Genesis is largely parables/analogies?

Jesus Christ loved speaking in parables, and pretty much always talked through riddles/parables when speaking of heavenly matters.

>>68101930
This is actually incomprehensible as a mere human. It can't process in a human mind.
>>
>>68102085
Everything you will ever do has already happened
>>
File: image.png (131 KB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131 KB, 1024x725
>>68102142
Anything is possible with God.
His thoughts create.
>>
>>68102142
>Why would an all powerful being wait?, in fact why would he create us at all? what does he get out of it?.

Friends or admirers (with free will, not robots programmed to love him)? Even the all-mighty probably gets lonely.
>>
>>68101810
God exists outside of time.
>>
>>68102382
God created earth and heaven to see the world thrive, let it live, watch animals thrive, and humans thrive.
I believe the Dinosaurs where created to get a sence of what life would be like.
>>
>>68102382
>Even the all-mighty probably gets lonely.
But thats the thing, he doesent.

He invented emotion, sadness, fulfillment, loneliness.

He does not have to conform to some other predestined set of boundaries, he IS everything.

Why would he grant it upon himself when he knows that it would be detrimental towards his judgement?

This motherfucker loves to test me.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1024x725
>>68102538
>in his own image.
Wouldn't that mean, feelings too?
>>
>>68101810
>in the beginning god created the heaven and the earth

dinosaurs

>and the earth was formless and void

no more dinosaurs.

>go forth and replenish the earth.

the second creation

>and i saw a new heaven and a new earth

future creation
>>
According to genesis God created the earth before the sun. And outer space is a body of water and the sky is a dome that separates it from the earth.

Biblical creation is demonstrably incorrect.
>>
File: image.png (307 KB, 725x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
307 KB, 725x1024
>>68102672
Seems like a good theory.
In a way, some people suggest that the dinosaurs actually continued to thrive, possibly even put on the ark, turning into the avain dinosaurs (birds)
>>
>>68102650
Yeah he did create us in his own image.

But sharing some characteristics does not mean we are even slightly similar.

He is on another level, i would guess he gave us empathy/emotions so that we would breed/work together.
>>
File: shot0014.png (3 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
shot0014.png
3 MB, 1440x1080
>>68102538
You should basically just give up trying to comprehend things at God's level, like existence outside the physical universe, or lack of time, no one can. Maybe jews figured it out with the kabbalist on some level, or something, but I just don't think any human can.
>>
>>68102841
Alright but i'm gonna have a lot of questions when i get there.
>>
>>68102247
I have free will, so that can't be true
>>
>>68102142
>why would he create us at all? what does he get out of it?
why do musicians write songs?
>>
>>68102746
That is not what Genesis says, or it's at most an extremely loose interpretation of the text.

All you have to do is read literally the first page of the bible to see what you're referring to, but you probably haven't done that.
>>
>>68103001
Kek. Ok, here you go. Read it yourself.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1
>>
>>68101810
Watch this if you have 10 minutes to spare.

https://youtu.be/p4Gotl9vRGs
>>
>>68101810
>Maybe hercules exists on jupiter.
>Maybe king arthur wasn't actually a king, but was just a kid with a toy sword?
>Maybe the bible is just a bullshit book written by shitskins in 1000 bc
Who cares?
>>
>>68103184
I think the Genesis creation narrative is largely parables/metaphors, but even if we were to interpret it completely literally:

>And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.”

It's more likely this is referring to the creation of what we know as the water cycle. Not the belief that "outer space is a body of water".

>According to genesis God created the earth before the sun.

> In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
>And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Interpreting this in literal form through text, and ignoring how incompressible the act of creation of the universe and light is, is silly. However if you want to go there, and use this text to say "god created the sun before the earth", how is that more likely than the sun just not being lit up because light didn't exist yet, however it was already created?
>>
>>68104021
Awesome mental gymnastics breh.
>>
>>68104312
Hey, I said that I think the creation narrative is largely parables/metaphors. Complete literal interpretations of the Genesis creation narrative tend to get silly pretty quickly.

I'm not saying I believe what I wrote, the point is to explain that your literal interpretation of the creation narrative, is not the only literal interpretation, and there's more likely interpretations, or just as silly ones.

The part about it referring to the water cycle is obviously far more likely. If you're an atheist and think it was just written by some crazy old man, don't you find it much more probable that he knew there was water up above because he sees rain, and was referring to the creation of what we now know today as the water cycle? How is that less likely than the interpretation that he was referring to outer space being comprised of water, which I think is silly even for a literal interpretation of the creation narrative.
>>
>>68104661
Listen you fucking faggot. I don't have the time to sit here and argue with you about our queer interpretations of a story that we both admit is silly. To do so would be to admit that I do not value my time, or that my time has no value. Neither of which is true.

I just love that you tried to tell me I didn't read genesis. Then I linked you genesis. Now you're writing your fucking manifesto trying to disprove me.

Fact: genesis says the earth was created before light existed. That's fucking wrong

Fact: the bible says the sky deprecates water from water. That is also wrong. Rain falls from the sky. Not from above the fucking sky from outer space.

Enjoy the last word. It's all yours dicknose.
>>
>>68101810
>ho said it says what it acttually says? maybe it means this other thing that might actually correlate with reality in some way
>>
>>68105156
>deprecates

Separates. Autojew cucked me.
>>
>>68105156
Careful, sharp edges!
>>
>>68102790
no. the oceans would be still be teeming with aquatic dinosaurs from first creation billions of years ago and a worldwide flood 4,000 years ago.

i dont believe the flood was on a global level
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.