[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Dragons dinosaurs, /pol/? If so, does that mean they lived
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 392x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 392x451
Are Dragons dinosaurs, /pol/?
If so, does that mean they lived amongst us?
What caused their extinction? Hunting?
>>
>>68099601
ppl found strange bones they couldn't explain so they made up creatures that they thought the bones would have come from, but they really came from dinosaurs and megafauna
>>
>>68099728
probably this tbqh

also, check out these quints
>>
>>68099728
First post best post

People back then were imaginative alright. Flying lizards, talking snakes and burning bush etc.
>>
>>68099601
>Are Dragons dinosaurs, /pol/?
Of all of the strange theories I've heard people come up with this one at least could be remotely possible. It obviously wouldn't be the fire breathing behemoth typically described in fairy tales but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility an unusually large lizard of some kind was still around and maybe we even finally pushed it to extinction.
>>
>>68099728

nah
taxonomy or whatever the fuck its called sucked back then

they really couldnt put together a large skull and picture it being the creature it was
they just couldnt make that connection even with good intact remains

most likely someone actually did have to fight a real dinosaur, and legend was born from there
>>
>>68099601

Pretty much the most evidence for . When i was 18 years old my gf thought that the world was like the flintstones i laughed hard at the idea and said she was crazy ,but now i am not laughing anymore.
>>
>>68099601
not all fossils get buried underneath the ground. sometimes they will resurface for one reason or another, other times they never got buried at all. either way in ancient times it was a pretty simple matter for people to find a few old bones of dinosaurs and other megafauna and develop legends of dragons from them
>>
>>68101736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqF-ND2XcY

Can you debunk a fire breathing lizzard
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>68099601
>European merchants visit North Africa
>fucking crocodiles holy shit
>huge lizards with sharp-ass teeth killing niggers all the time
>tell your mates back home about it over a beer
>"I tell ya Franz, this thing was bigger and scarier than your mum"
>"yeah right mate, I bet it had wings and breathed fire too ya drunk"
>"Oi get a load of this lads-- Hansel here saw a flying lizard wot breathes fire and steals gold and shit"
>they believe it
Dragons
>>
File: 1453984836310.gif (62 KB, 156x267) Image search: [Google]
1453984836310.gif
62 KB, 156x267
>>68099601
""""Politics"""""
>>
>>68102379
I can't prove one way or the other. I just find it highly unlikely except within movies like Reign of Fire.
>>
>>68099728

This. Its the same with "god".

>people get sick and die
>blame whatever deity makes the most sense
>>
>>68103053
kind of like how /pol/ blames the jews for everything
>>
File: concerned.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
concerned.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>>68104512
>mfw Jews are either gods or some magical creatures
>>
File: 1448637740456.gif (1 MB, 292x323) Image search: [Google]
1448637740456.gif
1 MB, 292x323
>>68102461
>dragons are crocodiles
citation needed
>>
File: MarthaLubio.jpg (128 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
MarthaLubio.jpg
128 KB, 800x600
>>68099601
Back then you could simply make crazy shit up and nobody could really refute it.

1. They didn't have a foundation of the scientific method. Pretty much what was said, went; instead of forcing the claimant to prove it.

2. No dissenters. Religious persecution made it unpopular to dissent.

3. No web, social media, or fact checking.

4. Education sucked and was heavily religious. So they already believed some crazy shit. Prior to Catholicism, whatever crazy shit Northwest Germanics, Nordics, and Celts believed was no less crazy than tales of dragons.. neither is Catholicism and their demigods or angels.

5. People want to believe in entertaining things. It gives them the ability to live vicariously through someone's adventurous story.

6. People still believe in ghosts, angels, gods, and other shit. Years from now people might see cases of exorcism and think all of us believed in actual demons possessing bodies and taking true demon form before our eyes.

7. >>68099728
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.