[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well pol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: dark-ages.jpg (77 KB, 478x355) Image search: [Google]
dark-ages.jpg
77 KB, 478x355
Religious people and scientifically illiterate people should be euthanized:

( ) Yes
( ) No

Justify.
>>
( ) Yes
(x) No

Education is a far better tool than slaughter, and in the case of the religious, it would also arguably be counterproductive and increase religious fervor.
>>
>>68071429
That graph is bullshit though
>>
>>68071429
isn't it funny that what they call the "islamic golden age" of scientific advancements ended abruptly about the same way but unlike us they have never recovered from it?
>>
>da
>rk
>ag
>es
>>
File: GenesisofScience.jpg (32 KB, 273x405) Image search: [Google]
GenesisofScience.jpg
32 KB, 273x405
>>68071429
Historically illiterate people should be forced to read a book with a gun to their head.
>>
>>68071429
>( ) Yes
>( X) No

The hole allegedly left by the Christian dark ages was actually caused by the fall of Western Rome and the power vacuum that event created and many of the surviving classical texts (that the Vandals, Huns, and Visigoths didn't manage to burn) that we do have were preserved by Christian monks.
>>
>>68071429
>there are people who believe this shit
>>
>>68071752
The mongols destroy all the ones with brains and left the rest
>>
File: ddddd.jpg (31 KB, 478x355) Image search: [Google]
ddddd.jpg
31 KB, 478x355
ftfy. surprised i have never seen anyone do this before
>>
>>68071429
What is the Black Plague?
What is the Islamic Holy Wars?
What is, HEUEHEUEHEU can't stop shitposting?
>>
>>68071914
Saying we learn form our mistakes still means they are mistakes.
>>
>>68071969
Even Australia is calling out this shitpost. I think that image might actually be from r/atheism
>>
File: christfags.jpg (53 KB, 572x708) Image search: [Google]
christfags.jpg
53 KB, 572x708
>implying atheists aren't a bigger waste of flesh
>>
>>68071429
>Christian
>Dark
>Ages
oh boy
>>
>>68071429
No. You would kill off most of the human population. This includes many atheist scientists, given the staggering level of cognitive dissonance in that Enclave of leftist religion concerning ethnic differences in IQ.
>>
File: 1444316708732.png (2 MB, 1386x4653) Image search: [Google]
1444316708732.png
2 MB, 1386x4653
>>68071429
Oh yeah?
>>
>Mom! I posted that thread again!
>>
File: 1447005330978.png (12 KB, 624x430) Image search: [Google]
1447005330978.png
12 KB, 624x430
>>68071429
fuck you op
>>
File: timeline.png (40 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
timeline.png
40 KB, 500x539
>>68071429
improved image
>>
>>68071429
How come no one has claimed the fundamental unit of "Scientific Advance" and named it after themselves. It could be measured in memes, Me.
>>
>>68071914

I've read several books on the history of science. I'll give this one a shot.
>>
>>68071429
If you actually fell for that completely bullshit graph you are scientifically illiterate and should be euthanized
>>
>>68071429
Nihilists tyrants such as OP should be euthanized

( ) Yes
(x) No

Because I'm not a fucking ignorant self-righteous faggot such as yourself, Opee.

That doesn't mean these people should hold any political power (I'm not advocating they should or shouldn't), or in other words that their opinions should hold sway over you; but outright slaughtering people for daring to believe in a higher spiritual power or for not understanding every nuance of the current scientific model describing the physical universe is so far down the rhetorical slippery slope that it grazes the unholy pastures festering at the very bottom of the depths of oblivion.

On every level except physical, I am above that.
>>
>>68071429
No one is more scientifically illiterate than followers of scientism.
>>
>>68071429
Those people were all religious too fuckwad
>>
>>68073113
It is sad that articles like this are simply ignored by idiots like OP. Can he even call himself better than a liberal?
>>
>>68071429
Please do not post The Chart on this enlightened message board. We do not appreciate your antagonizing behavior.
>>
>>68073463
delet this
>>
File: Muslim Dark Age.png (44 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
Muslim Dark Age.png
44 KB, 500x539
>>68071429
>>
>>68071918
this
>>
>>68073750
it's measured in kilosagans
>>
>>68071429
Did the scientific method even exist prior to the middle ages?

Can we really consider something a 'scientific advancement' if the scientific method was not used to discover it?
>>
>>68071429
muslim should be killed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y
>>
>>68073113

>Masters in History from the University of Tasmania
>History vs Da Vinci Code

Jesus christ how horrifying. OK, I'll give this book a shot, but my gut feeling says it's going to be a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>68071429
The Dark Ages happened because Rome fell. And no, Christianity didn't cause the fall of Rome.

Fun fact: In the middle ages, churches, monasteries and other religious institutions were the ONLY places of scientific study and education. It would be way more accurate to blame the lack of scientific advancement during the Dark Ages on heathen barbarian Norseman invaders into civilized Roman lands, where they destroyed every single church, burned every book and pretty much wiped out any trace of civilization they could. If you want to blame someone for the Dark Ages blame the evil pagan krauts, aka the main villains of Western History.
>>
>Christian Dark Ages
Actually that was the migratory period. only a few kingdoms were christian. for the most part it was pagan and muslim kingdoms.
>>
>>68073823
>read a book on the history of science
>actually believes in the dark ages
>>68074995
>masters in history
>actually believes in the dark ages

I thought the 'dark ages' was a joke in actual legit historical scholarship since at least the 1960s. I took a course on medieval european history and the well-credentialed prof seemed really asspained about 'the myth of the dark ages'.
>>
>>68075324
There wasn't really a dark ages, hence why the name middle ages pops up now too. It was more a transitional period between Roman power and the Renaissance.
>>
>>68071429
historically illiterate people who still think the "christian dark ages" are a thing should be euthanized
>>
>>68071429
The only reason we weren't set further back by the dark ages, which were not caused by religion, is because Christian monks and scholars tried their damned hardest not to let knowledge be lost or destroyed.

No problem with the historically illiterate being gassed though. Say, why don't you step into this shower?
>>
What did the dark age truly mean before the it meant everyone was dumb and ignorant in Europe meme? It was a phrase coined to describe a time period where there was very little written documents and books other than the bible, correct? Technology still continued throughout the dark ages, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>68073463
bretty gewd
>>68074337
delete your country
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.