[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is TV these days so fucking degenerate? I watched TV when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 875659867.jpg (29 KB, 412x411) Image search: [Google]
875659867.jpg
29 KB, 412x411
Why is TV these days so fucking degenerate?

I watched TV when i was 4-10 and then didn't watch any TV until I was 23. Now I can't stand it...

The commercials take up as much time as whatever shit you're watching, the programs are retarded, the news are sensationalized and vapid, and every talk show shoves the libtard agenda down your throat.

Do people seriously enjoy this shit?
>>
>>68070193
I'm surprised you didn't mention the Xena reboot, it's the current TV climate in a nutshell
>>
>>68070549
Thankfully I haven't seen nor heard of it, but first hit on google says
>'Xena: Warrior Princess' Reboot To Feature Openly Gay Heroine
so yeah that sounds about right
>>
the irony of that picture is that it describes us looking at 4chan
>>
With the exception of two superbowl parties I got dragged to, I haven't actually sat down in front of a TV to watch network programming since 2009 or 2010.

Not due to any conviction or anything, I just don't think there's enough good material to justify the monthly bill.

The rise of YouTube filled any need I had to burn 30 minutes or a hour watching something.
>>
>>68071128
if you disregard the shitposts, 4chan is one of the only places where you can hold a redpilled discussion without being ostracized. A lot of it is circle-jerking, yes, but you can still develop legitimate ideas
>>
File: 1443282861043.png (31 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1443282861043.png
31 KB, 500x461
>>68070193
Radio is just as bad..I know anon, there there
>>
>>68071784
Radio, the McDonald's of the airways. No matter where you go in the country, you're guaranteed to get the exact same mediocre to substandard product.
>>
>>68071448
youtube is following the same path at least with ads. 6-7 years ago, youtube had no video ads whatsoever. Now virtually every video has at least a 5-second ad, and many have unskipable 30-second ads. Wouldn't be surprised if they introduce a paid subscription for add-free viewing soon. Also, the "big channels" are doing everything they can to monopolize youtube and prevent the "little guys" from gaining popularity. In another 6-7 years, youtube could become exactly how network programming is today.
>>
>>68070193
I watch shit like MeTV and MeTV radio. Anything targeted at people over the age of 60 is usually pretty non-degenerate.
>>
>>68070193
I know this feel. There's not even any documentaries or history specials on any of the Discovery network channels anymore.

>>68072132
>youtube is following the same path at least with ads
At least Ad Block exists.
>>
>>68072132
>Wouldn't be surprised if they introduce a paid subscription for add-free viewing soon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube_Red
>>
All I watch is episodes of The X-Files on Netflix
>>
>>68072132
>Wouldn't be surprised if they introduce a paid subscription for add-free viewing soon.
Look up YouTube Red. The shitty future is now.
>>
>>68072207
monopolists like Vevo prevent ad block from working on their videos. Maybe ad block plus still works, but it's just becoming a pissing contest
>>
>>68072132
They already did release such a service. It's called Youtube Red and its bullshit
>>
>>68072351
>>68072507
oh, great.. TT
>>
>>68072792
>monopolists like Vevo prevent ad block from working on their video
What the fuck is Vevo? Can you provide an example? This is the first I'm hearing of this.
>>
>>68072894
idk exactly what it is, but a lot of the major singers use it for their "official videos". For example:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TaylorSwiftVEVO
It's something like the first few days after a hit song is released, there are no ads at all and then after a while it gives unskippable and unblockable 30 sec ads
>>
>>68073585
What ad blocker are you using? I have the latest version of Ad Block Edge and have never had any problems, even with Blip when they were still in business. Blip's player actively tried to circumvent ad blockers and AB+ never worked with it, however Edge did.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.