[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wyoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: wyoming.gif (47 KB, 508x407) Image search: [Google]
wyoming.gif
47 KB, 508x407
redpill me on Wyoming. there's a job that i applied for and would like to know more about the state. all i know about it is
>low taxes
> not many gun restrictions
> country af
>christfags
> very patriotic
>>
It's stunningly beautiful and the people are cool.

But it's going to get #rekt as fuck after Yellowstone goes bigger than Tsar Bomba.
>>
>>68059072
is it expensive?
>>
>>68059278
I've only passed through there, but it seemed pretty inexpensive, at least for the necessities of life.
>>
>>68058816
Watch out, you'll get your head kicked in there if you tell them that you support Trump.
>>
there is literally nothing there. as long as you're cool with that, then you're good. very pretty (in parts), peaceful, etc.
>>
it's not a very exciting state.
>>
>>68059072
k m8 thanks im migrating to wyoming
>>
>>68059984
>there is literally nothing there
Yeah, I forgot to say that part, but all you have to do is visit once and you'll find out about that.

You should visit once before you decide to settle anywhere.
>>
One of the most nigger-free places on earth.
>>
>>68058816
I'll be moving from Alaska to Wyoming in June.

I grew up there so I can't wait to get back to that wasteland, you should probably move to California.
>>
>>68060158
good advice anon
>>
>>68060158
>You should visit once before you decide to settle anywhere.
this is good advice. op should live in one of those weekly-rental places, then figure out where the fuck to set up shop.

also, get a truck. you're going to need it unless you live within a mile of work and all amenities. winters will be rough. a car will suck after living there for a year
>>
>>68059072
if you consider sagebrush sea pretty, that's all there is in most of the state
>>
>>68060247
that's one of the reasons I'm thinking about moving there. it's whitetopia and no rapefugees
>>68060258
how's it a wasteland? is everyone there a methhead or a crack addict?
>>
>>68058816
Too cold for me but the Midwest is filled almost exclusively with wholly decent people.
>>
>>68060499
are SUVs good enough?
>>
>>68060515
imagine a pristine forest, then imagine it mined and re-planted with silly ass trees that arent healthy. and dot the landscape with abandoned homes and homes you think should be abandoned. then go to work.
>>
>>68060369
this, definitely need a 4 wheel drive truck. don't get a truck with only rear wheel drive. Wyoming is a pretty boring place but besides that it's nice.

the places near yellowstone are gonna be nicer than the places that aren't.
>>
>>68060515
Drug problems are everywhere, but there literally is nothing in Wyoming. And there is a lot of nothing.

There are wiggle wagons on the interstate and fun people when you stop for gas, trucker-style truck stations every few hundred miles, nice little towns, but that's about all you'll see aside from wide open untainted landscapes unless you spend some time wherever you're planning on staying.
>>
>>68058816
Full of cruzmissile bible thumping white trash
>>
>>68060852
have you been to the riverton area?
>>
Dude bro, we can hang out. I live in Fort Collins.
>>
>>68061182
i don't live in WY yet lol
>>
>>68061099
Nope. And I'm not even sure if there is anything to know about if you're going to be living in an Indian Reservation.
>>
>>68060515
half of the state is literally wasteland and is called such.
>>
>>68061438
Badlands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badlands
>>
>>68060849
northeast by the black hills is really nice too, i'm manitoban and i go down there on hunting trips.
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103 KB, 384x313
It's mostly small towns, built on the mining industry.
Features an over-subsidized agriculture industry.
Relatively low crime and unemployment rates, though not crime free. Drugs are a problem, especially along I-80, not so much murders or violence.
Over 90% white, largest minority group are Mexicans and Shoshone Indians.
Iirc city with the highest crime rate is Rock Springs.
If you're someone who needs malls and shit like that, you'll probably be horribly board, if you like hunting, fishing, hiking, etc; outdoor activities, you'll have an easier time.
Lots of Mormons in the southwest, they will screw you over given the chance, despite their friendly facade.
Cost of living is pretty high in most towns, expect expensive houses. Especially since every new one going up I've seen is stupidly oversized.
If you're coming in for the oil industry, you might want to have a backup plan, mass layoffs are likely coming.
>>
>>68061597
is weedman really that bad?
>>
>>68061682
i work for the post office
>>
Hi

Myself and my mother are trying to move to Wyoming. I am a web designer/classical guitarist and I am almost finished with my bachelors in business. My mother is a classical pianist and also does administrative work. We are trying to figure out how to make it work in Wyoming, we are both /out/ fanatics and want to live in a rural white safe place.

Anybody have any insight on our situation? Or are there any other of those rural western states that would be easier?
>>
>>68062353
Well if you're coming to wyoming for mail, you'll probably be working less. Less people, less mail.
>>
File: 1435955114374.jpg (79 KB, 337x304) Image search: [Google]
1435955114374.jpg
79 KB, 337x304
>>68062403
>>
File: 1453954544398.jpg (912 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
1453954544398.jpg
912 KB, 1155x1155
>>68062403
>>68062565
oops wrong one
>>
>>68062547
it's a government job so i get paid the same reguardless
>>
>>68062714
Dude why does the post office want to ship you to Wyoming?
>>
>>68062886
they don't. I'm applying to an opening in WY because I'm tired of seeing this same nigger infested town that i hate and have almost no friends in. Plus i don't have a wife or kids yet so moving is easy
>>
>>68063106
Where are you living ?
>>
>>68063274
Maryland
>>
>>68063106
If you don't have family or friends, then that sounds like a pretty good passport to check out some different places in this great country.
>>
>>68063398
well, i always wanted to see the rural Midwest.
>>
Wyoming has 414k less people in the entire state than just my city alone has in it...

That whole state must just be like... empty.
>>
>>68063579

If you come here, you will die.
>>
>>68063579
There's the midwest and then there's the west. It should all be required roadtripping in my humble opinion.
>>
>>68063616
That's why I love it.
>>
there's no fucking jobs.

i live in utah. so many new hires at my work are from idaho and wyoming.

the come to utah 'cause they can't find any work at home.
>>
>>68063870
I'd love to live in Idaho Falls.
>>
>>68058816
Lived there for a few years. The economy runs on its own time. The booms and busts are relatively independent of the rest of the country. Right now, I think it's in a bust. Aside from that, it really is the best state I've lived in. Love being just a few hours away from Yellowstone and the Tetons. Most people are fairly libertarian. Wyoming even breeds a different kind of liberal that is tolerable. They've got a great education system up there. They spend more on their students than literally any other state. Freedoms like you wouldn't imagine. The weather sucks so. The four seasons are
>almost winter
>winter
>still winter
>road construction
The wind is God-awful, especially in Casper.
>>68059278
Housing is expensive, like $1,000 bucks rent for a dated house of 2,000 square feet. Also, property taxes are outrageous. Everything else: food, utilities, gas, etc. is all relatively cheap

Despite all that, it really is a great state with great people
>>
>>68064119
thanks anon. i hear a lot of Somalis have moved to casper. is that true?
>>
>>68064119
*Cheyenne
>>
>>68064533
Like actual Somalis? No. I think I knew like, three or four black kids back in school, one of which had an African last name.
>>
>>68064533
Yes true. Mexicans have started to infest cheyenne as well.
>>
>>68064694
Oh, Cheyenne? Couldn't tell you
>>
Fuck off everyone we're full unless you're white.
>>
>>68064887
apparently this has been happening

http://pamelageller.com/2014/11/heres-why-somali-muslim-refugees-are-moving-to-cheyenne-wy-prepare-to-be-shocked.html/
>>
>>68063969
I live there, ask me anything
>>
File: food-2015.jpg (163 KB, 1170x400) Image search: [Google]
food-2015.jpg
163 KB, 1170x400
Chinese people built the railroad and when it was over a lot of them stayed. I drove through there and was kinda surprised at all the Chinese places and restaurants and asked a local.
>>
>>68065165
Oh yeah. Now I remember hearing about that
>>
The whole state is a Psy Op. Back in the 40's they dumped a bunch of Paperclip Nazis there, it's where at least some of the team that Shot Kennedy trained, Anti Castro Cubans too. Clint Eastwood and Harrison Ford own about a quarter of it, Halliburton everywhere. The middle of the state is radioactive, everything is fracked. Catholic Extremists took over Lander so it's now riddled with pedophiles. Enjoy!
>>
>>68065953
Yes, goyrim spread this. No one needs to come to my state.
>>
>>68059854
I highly doubt that
>>
>>68059854
finland fag knows nothing. 99% of the people I talk to on the daily respect trump and his objective. The other 1% are college dropout gibbmedats wanting sanders in laramie.
>>
>>68061024
Sounds like my kind of country and my type of people.
So OP would live among good, God fearing people who respect and help their neighbors and can still get online and interact with the degenerate scabs that fill this cesspool yet never has to see one face to face? Fuck, sign me up
>>
File: grand-teton-wallpapers.jpg (333 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
grand-teton-wallpapers.jpg
333 KB, 1600x1200
>>68058816
Colorado here. Take everything I say with a grain of salt

>Pros
-Northern WY (Thermopolis and up) is absolutely stunning. Yellowstone and the Tetons especially, but there is a huge amount of other places with spectacular views, amazingly fun roads, and comfy small-town culture
-No state taxes
-Lots of jobs that pay decently as a ratio of cost of living
-It's kind of close to a lot of cool places, including us here, Montana, SLC/Utah, Idaho's pristine temperate rainforests, etc.
-Lots of unspoken "gems" around; quaint places, forgotten hot springs, tiny arts districts, and all not brimming with retarded tourists.

>Cons
-Cops are bonkers. You WILL get a ticket for going 5 over, even with WY plates
-People are generally uncultured and dumb. If you like to eat out, go to breweries, or even get coffee that doesn;t taste like piss, you're fucked
-There's literally nothing in the majority of the state. Rolling plains that are fucking empty, or filled with sage. Enjoy driving while watching nothing out of your window for multiple hours, only to arrive at a major city with a population of EIGHT, and that entire population currently residing at the local bar.
-If you're in STEM or healthcare (except primary care), it's almost impossible to find a job.
-If you're not born in WY (yes, even if you move there), people still hate you, and will speak about you behind your back (general small community cons).

Anyways, think what you will. Personally I'd avoid. If what you grentexted are your priorities, try Texas. It's all of that, but also not a fucking desert.
>>
>>68058816
Future ground zero when the caldera inevitably goes off. Yellowstone is amazing. Huge parts of the state are untouched by humans. You can open carry handguns.
>>
>>68067632
Last time I was there well over a decade ago, it was all picture-taking retards and I hesitate to imagine what it's like these days as a UN site and the normalcy of camera phones.

That being said, Yellowstone and many other things mentioned in this thread should be visited by all red-blooded Americans before they get worse. It is your duty.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.