[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brokered Convention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: n64 man.jpg (18 KB, 399x376) Image search: [Google]
n64 man.jpg
18 KB, 399x376
Can anyone explain what would happen in a brokered convention?

I genuinely don't understand it. Nobody has enough delegates to win the nomination, so people bribe their way into office?

Can anyone speculate what would happen if nobody wins the nominee?
>>
>>67984172
I dunno, jews I guess
>>
>>67984172

You're not meant to understand it. Theyre purpsely changing and distorting the rules to suit them. They did it with Ron Paul last election when he was in the same fucking room.
>>
>>67984172
he looks like the fucking player character in quake what the fuck
>>
>>67984172
All I know anon is I'm doing my part. I'm about to become a delegate for my state and I know 3 others in my state who are delegates and we are going to harass the shit out of every else until they do what we want and vote for trump.
>>
>>67985234

How do you become a delegate? Did the Trump campaign appoint you or are you chosen by the state party?
>>
>>67984172
If no one wins 50%+1 of delegates, the delegates can change their votes for whoever they want. Lots of backroom dealing goes on to determine the nominee and no one is happy.
>>
The general idea is that if Trump can't get a majority of delegates on the first ballot, his delegates and all the others aren't bound to their candidate anymore. This is where a candidate like Romney or Paul Ryan can come in.

If I understand it correctly, there's also an alternative. Two candidates can form a unity ticket, so that they can get a majority of delegates together. This is why either Cruz or Kasich is likely to become Trump's VP.

Conservatives are pushing for a Cruz-Kasich nomination, but what the establishment really just wants is that Trump falls short of a majority. They actually hate Cruz, but they prefer anyone but Trump as their nominee at this point.
>>
>>67984172

if nobody comes in with a majority of votes on the first ballot, they go to a second ballot and keep doing ballots until someone has a majority

its going to be fucking chaos if nobody goes in with 1,237
>>
>>67985688
It varies by state and district. Some are voted for in local elections, some are voted for at a local convention, and some are appointed by state party leaders.
>>
>>67984172
After all the voting each selects a slate of delegates whose numbers for each candidate are unique to that State's laws.

They all gather at the Convention to tally up the delegates who each cast one vote on the first ballot to nominate a candidate.

^That's how it usually works and only one ballot it required because normally the candidate has already won big enough in a large enough number of states that the majority of the delegates available are already bound by popular vote to vote for the nominee ahead of the convnetion.

In the Brokered AKA Contested AKA Open Convention scenario, no candidate has already won a majority of the delegate vote ahead of the Convention (only a PLURALITY at best). Delegates have to vote the way common voters tell them to ON THE FIRST VOTE ONLY.

After the first vote is made and if no candidate has a >50% majority of the delegates cast, delegates become "unbound" meaning that they can then vote any way they want for WHOEVER they want. So they can horse trade their free delegate vote for favors, bribes, whatever. Anything goes literally. They can even go in as loyal to Candidate B and only vote for Candidate A as a formality knowing that Candidate A won't get a majority like a Delegate Sleeper Cell.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/contested-republican-national-convention-work/story?id=37003821

Does that answer the question for you?
>>
>>67985688
The trump people in my state mass emailed everyone, I filled out the form and mailed it in. Then you show up to the meeting for your district and they vote on who should be the delegate. I was literally the only person to show up and won by default
>>
>>67984172
If they block Trump, it will show beyond a shadow of a doubt that an American's vote is literally worthless. At that moment, they will wake up and realize they're are being displaced and are disenfranchised.

Beyond that point, when they see Hillary pushing for office, you can expect to see lots of bureaucrats being vaporized in huge explosions every month.
>>
>>67985775
let's be serious

I think Trump would actually gain delegates if that happened.

If the poll numbers show anything, he dominates the field
>>
What they think would happen:
>hahaha fuk u drumpf and cruze!!!! romny is nominee now

What would actually happen:
>art of the deal mode activate! trump wins anyway!
>>
>>67985113
His face is that way most likely as a result of the use (and abuse) of Human Growth Hormone (HGH).

It is used by gym fags to increase muscle mass, but it also causes things other than muscles to grow. The brow is the most common area (look at HHH from WWE). What this guy has going on is very extreme.
>>
File: RandallDunning.png (44 KB, 576x340) Image search: [Google]
RandallDunning.png
44 KB, 576x340
>>67984172
this happens. jewry.
>>
>>67987063
he was a decent enough heavyweight boxer so its possible
>>
Why this guy looks like a character for late 90's video game
Looks like a soldier from 007 for n64 ?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.