[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are countries like China and Japan really screwing the US on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1454955119038.jpg (81 KB, 800x577) Image search: [Google]
1454955119038.jpg
81 KB, 800x577
Are countries like China and Japan really screwing the US on trade deals as hard as Trump says? I've never seen anybody attack him on that position, hell, I've never seen anybody even bring it up.
>>
File: Israel-Hayom-Cover-2.jpg (32 KB, 316x159) Image search: [Google]
Israel-Hayom-Cover-2.jpg
32 KB, 316x159
>>67962422
NO ISRAEL IS FUCKING US

AND TRUMPOWITZ IS PREPPING THE BULL AT AIPAC

ALL TRUMPBERG SUPPORTERS ARE JIDF SHILLS!
>>
>>67962422
>I've never seen anybody attack him on that position, hell, I've never seen anybody even bring it up.

How many multi-billionaires do you know that do business and deals worldwide.

Oh, none? Oh this is just your sheltered view of the world talking.
>>
>>67962422
US neve great again.

Even if Japan and China will exicrint in this world.
>>
Everyone has been conditioned to believe that “made in the USA,” is automatically better. Of course they wouldn’t challenge anything to do with that.
>>
>>67962527
Yeah that few billion is a real deal breaker. .hell I think it caused the recession
>>
>>67962422
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-12-22/u-s-commerce-department-to-put-256-tariff-on-chinese-steel

i googling really that hard?
>>
>>67962422
I mean, if they're tariffing us to stop any of our products from being bought in their country, and we're not tariffing anything of theirs, then...
>>
>>67962422
Yes, op we have been fucking ourselves for decades
>>
>>67962658
>implying it that isn't true
>>
>>67962739
Bad deal..
>>
>>67962797
But why? There must be some sort of benefit for getting fucked like that. Even if it's just "improved relations"
>>
>>67962422
Not only do they screw us but they enjoy de facto censorship on US publications and media products.
>>
>>67963021
I know nothing about anything, but my guess is this benefits the growth of companies and large corporations, because extremely cheap products (and cheap immigrant labor) allows them to gain more profits and expand more. The cheap products also help hide our dying economy because the average joe doesn't need to pay as much for stuff.
>>
>>67963021
The big global corporations win
Do you think just because they were created in America that they have American interests in mind?

Situations like this are what happens when a hate for the rich forms (sometimes it forms even without it)
They feel no loyalty or moral responsibility for their nation, religion, people, etc and sell them out for power
>>
>>67963021
We worry more about other countries than we care about ourselves.
>>
>>67962861
>implying most of your things aren’t made in china
It’s automatically better because they’re all bought cheaper than anything that would be made in America. Why do you want to pay more?
>>
>>67962422
In the world of the foreign policy advisers inside Trump's head, he's right. In the real world, well, of course he's wrong. At this point, it almost goes without saying.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/trump-fact-check-errors-exaggerations-falsehoods-213730
>>
>>67963021
huge short to mid term profits for the liquidating / outsourcing companies (which also made the economy seem like it was still extremely healthy while our industrial base was being gutted)
>>
>>67962861
My family had a series of American cars in the 80s and 90s. Made in Detroit by UAW workers. They were shitboxes, every last one of them. Everything broke. They were fucking useless after five or six years.

In 2001 they bought a Honda Civic. Made in Japan. Never gave my parents the slightest bit of trouble. They gave it to me a few years later and it's running fine to this day with no major repairs, just regular maintenance.

>They're better now, anon!
No they aren't. Friend of mine bought a used '07 Ford Taurus in 2009, only about 40k on it. Within a year it ate it's transmission, $2,000 repair. "Made in America" means it's made to the same standards as the cheapest Chinese junk you can buy, it just costs a lot more.
>>
>>67962422
The screwing is of the people, enabled by the government and multinational entities such as corporations and financiers. People beholden to no nation arrest the government, turning them against their own people.

This is the corruption that no one will address.
>>
>>67963470
>why do I want to pay more?
Because I'd rather support my family than strangers
Even if the stranger produces a cheaper product why would I hurt my family just for cheap prices?

That's not even getting into quality or the effects of economic nationalistic policies (which by the way built the country)
>>
>>67962422
I'd say Japan themselves are just as screwed as we are

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/03/business/dealbook/with-bet-on-japan-sharp-stumbles.html

China is screwing both.
>>
>>67962422
The beauty of the claim is that you can't actually prove or disprove it without access to alternate realities. Also, his own party won't dare call him out on his bullshit, because it would be the same as admitting that the world isn't coming to an end because they aren't in charge of it.
>>
>>67963282
>>67963021
>>67963384
Trump's numbers are simply incorrect. See >>67963505
>>
>>67963842
You have two stores
One is owned by your family
The other is owned by a foreign company
The foreign company has better products
Which do you shop at?

The fact that people have completely forgotten their nation and people in terms of economy is quite sad

Also have you thought about the fact that the American made products are forced to be at the quality of China based on the free market? It's quite hard to make a business work in America in fact the economy inside our nation is very unfree
Do you think we should keep the American market an unfree one where it's quite difficult for a success company to be created while outsourcing and buying from foreign nations? Not to say in some cases it's not good to buy from foreign nations just that you should always be putting your country's economy above anyone elses

Right now I would not buy American products (as a business owner)
They aren't and their are better cheaper alternatives
The heads of our nation have completely sold out our economy in favor of globalism
If you support that shit I don't know what you're doing here
>>
>>67964343
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're going to contribute to the thread.
>>
>>67964343
for the sake of argument, i'll ignore the fact that the article cites fucking politifact of all places.

the article disproves his number, but not the concept. how is a ~275b deficit ok?
>>
>>67964631
They aren't good and their better cheaper alternatives, but they could be some of the best (hence make America great AGAIN)
>>
>>67964795
There are*

So many typos today
>>
>>67963842
Japanese cars are solid, but Japan hasn't been relevant since the 90s.

Japan just makes quality products but so many other companies are doing it too but on the cheap that they can't compete. This is a problem many countries are facing, buying things that are American is only a band aid fix and so is bringing the plants back.

I think its quite possible to fix things, but you guys can learn a bit from Japan.
>>
>>67964631
I buy the better product. If the American company wants my business, they have to make a competitive product, not just say "b-but it's American!" Welcome to capitalism, anon.

If American companies can't do that (Ford and Government Motors certainly can't), then they should go out of business.
>>
>>67962422
Yes.
>>
>>67964936
Do you know what made this nation a power?
Are people that ignorant of the history of the American economy?

America was always at its top with restricted international trade, low regulations, and free trade within the nation
I mean you can ignore this all you want (in fact you ignored my post) but that doesn't change these facts

You just do not get it and it's why Trump is going to win
>>
>>67964343
>http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/trump-fact-check-errors-exaggerations-falsehoods-213730

exagerates a bit - or rounds up to the nearest hundred? sure.

being 50 bill off when your talking in the hundreds isnt that inaccurate
>>
>>67965248
so an inferior company with an inferior product that is more expensive should be protected and bailed out?

no, they should go out of business ---- or, *gasp*, get good. If it is a level playing field on the trade aspect, then it should be survival of the fittest.
>>
>>67965248
The golden age after WW2 wasn't because of tariffs and trade barriers, it was because we were the only first-world nation that hadn't been bombed into the ground. Free trade has only raised the standard of living by bringing down the price of goods. In addition to lifting a few hundred million Chinese and Indians out of subsistence farming and into the middle class.
>>
>>67962422

No. Your oligarchs are screwing you hard on trade deals. China and Japan are just happy to be on the right side of the equation.
>>
File: degenerate face.jpg (43 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
degenerate face.jpg
43 KB, 524x336
Yes, but the Chinese are just plain dishonest and cheap.

Like they will gift wrap you a bag of bread, give it to you, but when you open it up, there's only two pieces of bread and the rest is just rolls of toilet paper.

They are pure scum.
>>
>>67963021

Because people like the Waltons or Steve Jobs go from billionaire status to multi-billionaire status.

They then pay for the media and politicians to continue these deals.

You get cheaper phones though.

More expensive cars but. Which is pretty rude.
>>
>>67966112

>Standard of living has consitently dropped across the western world

Yes. It's nice having cheaper sneakers and sunglasses. Meanwhile housing and health care affordability drops like a stone.
>>
>>67966112

...while eradicating the anglo middle and working classes. Great deal that.
>>
>>67964343
Trump exaggerates, this is known. But saying that Japan-US trade is fair because USA exports 62 billion while Japan exports 290 billion is retarded
>>
>>67966649
>Housing
Nimbys, restrictive zoning, and rent-control policies. High housing prices are a signal for builders to come in and put up houses, condos, and apartments. If you don't let them, housing costs skyrocket. This happens because it suits the people who already own the property.

>healthcare
fee-for-service, encourages doctors to load up on every test they can. Massive malpractice awards - drives up the cost of malpractice insurance, cost gets passed on. Hospitals making up the cost of the uninsured by charging everyone who does pay. And, of course, the refusal of many insurers, but Medicare especially, to ration anything. Every drug must be covered, no matter how expensive!

>>67966737
If you have such a high opinion of the White Race, shouldn't they be able to compete with Chinese and Indians since they're so much better? Why can't they? Why do they need coddling protection from the government to keep the barbarian hordes out?
>>
>>67966112
>we were the only first-world nation that hadn't been bombed into the ground.
You don't say.
>>
>>67962422
>>67962422
Actually last democratic debate, Bernie and Hillary were talking about America losing on Trade to china and mexico.

It was weird to see them actually AGREE with Trump on something. But yeah, they're talking about it now. Usually whatever Trump says, has substance to back it up, and makes sense
>>
>>67967136
Presumably because white people don't want to live as slaves like chinks and shitskins
>>
American companies move to Mexico and European companies move to the U.S. We're the Mexico of Germany.
>>
File: 9S3GFJt.jpg (121 KB, 534x610) Image search: [Google]
9S3GFJt.jpg
121 KB, 534x610
>>67962422

On one hand there are no more American made electronics. On the other hand I can't see a chinese finger cuff factory being a thing with a future...

Tough call.
>>
>>67962422
Outsouring m8.
>>
One thing people aren't taking into consideration either is that if a foreign company DOES make a better product, they are more than welcome to make it here
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.