[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EquiPay: Reparations, One Meal At a Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: equipay.png (537 KB, 1165x658) Image search: [Google]
equipay.png
537 KB, 1165x658
http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/20/equipay-reparations-one-meal-at-a-time/

Are you ready to pay for your privilege
shitlords?

>EquiPay, a bill-splitting app that accounts for racial and gender income inequalities, is on its way to becoming a reality

>With EquiPay, the idea is “reparations, one meal at a time,” so instead of splitting meals equally among friends, it’s about splitting them equitably. In March, the plan is to make an iOS app available to the masses, EquiPay creator and comedian Luna Malbroux told me.

>“For centuries, women and people of color have worked day in and day out only to be burdened by unequal pay for equal work,” Malbroux said on stage.

>EquiPay “developed a complex algorithm that takes into account history,” Malbroux said on stage. “We call it, affirmative fractions.” In actuality, it’s based on income data from the U.S. Department of Labor. So, let’s say I, a black woman, am out to dinner with a white man and a white woman. The white man would pay the most, followed by the white woman. I would pay the least :-)

>So, why would people — especially white men — ever want to use this app? Well, “we at EquiPay know people love social recognition for being socially conscious, so we’ve created a share feature,” Malbroux said. The share feature tweets something like, “I helped fix the wage gap with lobster bisque.”

Virtue signaling, the app.
>>
>>67934468
It's a joke. Although it is becoming more and more difficult to tell.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x238
I don't even know what to say but I... Yeah, I don't know what to say
>>
>>67934608
Oh, Wew. Yeah I could actually see that getting made
>>
>>67934468
as if i would eat with brown people
>>
This is weird. Whenever I'm out to eat with friends at a sit down restaurant we always fight to get to be the one who pays the entire bill. People seriously go out to eat at a nice place then split the bill?
>>
>>67934793
i live in canada so i've never been to a nice place
>>
>>67934793
That's why it's a joke.
>>
>>67934468
>developed a complex algorithm

LOL yeah I am really sure it is very complex.
>>
>>67934608
It says it started as a joke but now its a real thing that they think is a good idea
>>
>>67934608
>>67934725
It started as a joke.

Until some negress decided is was actually a solid idea, and made the app.
>>
>>67934468
>comedy hack day
Are you sure this isn't a joke, OP?
>>
>>67934887
Yeah it's fucked up that we don't even have 1 single Michelin star restaurant in the entire country.
>>
File: 1299832668015.jpg (18 KB, 295x341) Image search: [Google]
1299832668015.jpg
18 KB, 295x341
>>67934468
what if i identify as a black person?
>>
>>67934468

I thought prison meals were free?
>>
>>67935005
>....is on its way to becoming a reality, after starting as a joke at Cultivated Wit’s Comedy Hack Day
>>
>>67934468
who would use that app?
>>
>>67934468
I'm a transnigger MTF otherkin multiple system. Wheres my free food?
>>
>>67934774
This.
>>
>>67935005
It's in the article

>EquiPay, a bill-splitting app that accounts for racial and gender income inequalities, is on its way to becoming a reality, after starting as a joke at Cultivated Wit’s Comedy Hack Day.

Used to be a joke but isn't anymore
>>
File: 1458106289463.jpg (117 KB, 621x599) Image search: [Google]
1458106289463.jpg
117 KB, 621x599
>it’s based on income data from the U.S. Department of Labor

Does this mean Asians pay more?
>>
>>67935274
I would and I would split the bill with myself then share so everyone on Facebook will see how lonely I am then someone will feel bad for me and find me a gf.
>>
>>67934468

>Table mates whip out that shitty app.
>Anonkun, it's only fair that we split the bill with this app.
>Waiter comes by
"Are these separate or together."
"Separate"
>Other people at the table sperg out
>Tell them to go fuck themselves and I pay my bill and never eat with them again.
>>
>>67934468
Thank God there's a share feature that lets you know how big of a douchebag liberal cuck someone is.

I'm glad this is a thing, so now AIDS Skrillex and cuck carl will have to check their privilege for real. Shit, I'm going to tell all my white libtard frienemies about this and guilt them into doing it.
>>
File: The Wigger Party 6.8.08 012.jpg (82 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
The Wigger Party 6.8.08 012.jpg
82 KB, 450x600
>>67935134
You're niggafluid too?

I only identify as black when it comes time to split the check though.
>>
>>67934468
yeah; good luck getting the programmers to write that into the server-bots' coding.
going out to eat is already too expensive.
so, we learn to cook for ourselves, maybe even raise our own food?
that would just workrape-trigger the hell out of you, now wouldn't it?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.