[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the US economy need to "bring back manufacturing"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: US-jobs-sign[1].jpg (203 KB, 565x404) Image search: [Google]
US-jobs-sign[1].jpg
203 KB, 565x404
Does the US economy need to "bring back manufacturing" or get most of its populace educated for white collar jobs (Bachelors degrees)? How do you accomplish this?
>>
you dont need to be "educated" to work a white collar job it mostly involves basic computer skills.
>>
>>67925554
For a country to be independent, it needs to be able to produce all basic and most advanced needs by itself. To do that, you need a strong base of manufacturing jobs with a wide variety of fields to get into.
>>
The United States of America needs to euthanize both the Baby Boomer and Millennial Generations...then we can finally get comfy
>>
>>67925554
Manufacturing jobs have gone up significantly under Obama.

They tend to crash under Republicans.
>>
>>67925554

>More company training
>Remove all legal BS around that prevents aptitude testing
>>
>>67926006
What about the fact that the policies of a president take years to have an effect, and that most of the economy is determined not by the president but by Wall Street and CEOs?
>>
>>67925554
>mommy coder meme

Every fucking person I know is trying to be a programmer or a nurse.

Before the crash all those same people were trying to become rich real estate agents or house flippers.

Nursing is becoming saturated. The overflow goes into long term care. Here if a person is shit because they didn't belong in nursing to begin with then old retired people get shit care and nobody cares or changes anything because $$$.

IT has been saturated by pajeet's for years. Now we've got mommy coders to. The real problem in IT is that flooding the market with pajeets and mommies and normies looking for a career sends high IQ nerds packing to other fields and undermines the quality of the technology. That's why IT security is such a major clusterfuck right now.

Yes, we need blue collar jobs to suck up all the people who really shouldn't be in these fields.

>>67925868

Germany gets it.
>>
Manufacturing doesn't need a bunch of people anymore. A factory now is a lot of robots and a few people managing them, a factory no longer means "dozens of jobs".

I don't know what people mean when they say manufacturing now.
>>
>>67926748
>I don't know what people mean when they say manufacturing now.
You seem to be under the misconception that we have robots to do every minor and major task by now. We don't, men still do most of the work in many fields. There is automation, yes, but it's really not that widespread.
>>
>>67925554
>"bring back manufacturing"
You don't need 10,000 unskilled workers to run a factory anymore. You need maybe a few dozen skilled workers to run a mostly-automated operation. Manufacturing things in the US won't lead to more jobs, more employment, higher wages, or greater opportunity for the lower class.
>>
>>67926748
"I have never known anyone who worked in a factory." The post.
>>
File: 6796978698.jpg (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
6796978698.jpg
35 KB, 400x300
>>67925554
Jesus Christ.. Bringing back jobs in the manufacturing sector has nothing to do with education level. Loosely, any job that is involved with producing a physical good is a manufacturing sector job. These are good jobs.

The reliance service sector economy is killing our middle class, not muh evil rich guys who don't pay their fair share. This is the most millineal thread I have ever seen.

TL/DR - *triggered*
>>
>>67927747
Of course he didn't. Only robots work at the factories now :^)
>>
>>67925554
>bring back manufacturing

Companies are already starting to do this because of automation and the benifit of being closer to their main market.Look at what Apple is doing.
Don't expect it to create any high paying secure jobs thou.
>>
>>67925554
Autonimation is going the be devastating to the west in terms of jobs
>>
>>67925554
Multiple tiers of education is vital to the success of a society
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.