[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix mainstream journalism, pol? Ideally, real journalism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1403867591020.jpg (100 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1403867591020.jpg
100 KB, 720x960
How do we fix mainstream journalism, pol?

Ideally, real journalism would be solely about facts, figures, numbers, and truth, not bias, spin, clickbait, and sensationalism.

>but they're only giving the people what they want!

Are they?

>But real news is boring!

If you find learning more about the world around you boring, then I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>67904021
Issue massive fines for spreading disinfo
>>
>>67904021
Start your own blogs, sites, online newspapers etc
>>
>>67904021
It's impossible to separate bias and journalism.
Might as well just always remind people that what they are reading is a biased piece.
>>
>>67904021
More of this sauce pls
>>
Remove the profit motive (advertising and sponsorships). Good luck
>>
>>67904313
there are nudes on imgur
>>
>>67904117
I highly doubt the Jews will do that.

>>67904214
It's not that hard.

For instance, when reporting about an attack in the Middle East, just say it happened.

Granted, most of where the bias comes from isn't reporting the news, but more from the talking heads and "analysts" these networks have.

Much of the problem lies in that networks put their personalities above the news stories.
>>
Stop international funding of national/local newspapers
>>
File: murrow.jpg (27 KB, 250x298) Image search: [Google]
murrow.jpg
27 KB, 250x298
It's not a legal issue (making laws won't solve it) it's an ethics issue.

Promote the idea that news should come from well-established institutions of ethical journalism; preferably one with a reputation and history of honest reporting, and one with an editorial board, so that information passes through the minds of experienced and ethical journalists, not the quick, kneejerk emotional appeals of a single journalist posting to his buzzfeed, or whatever.

The "reporter on the ground" has its time and place, but the quick and easy and dirty style of internet journalism has to be exposed for the unreliable source that it is.

pic related
>>
>>67904117
This. Allow Trump to sue them for libel
>>
We won't. The media's goal is to push an agenda and it always will be. When you have the ability to influence large segments of the population and lead them to believe what you want them to believe through the use of media, why wouldn't they take advantage? People hardly question the media because the majority believe it's all credible. The Internet was just a new form and made it faster and more convenient, making the problem worse.
>>
>>67904321
I remember a few years ago, Bill Maher (yes I know) said that TV news should be a loss leader; that it should not be about making money. Their jobs are to inform, not entertain.

However, it's the other way around right now, and sadly, it won't change. A lot of the problem is 24 hour news cycles, or the perceived necessity of them.

CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, etc, can't just go off the air for 20 hours a day. The advent of the 24 hours news networks, and the rise of internet news and social media, has made them basically finding any way they can to fill up 24 hours.
>>
File: Lena.png (29 KB, 498x140) Image search: [Google]
Lena.png
29 KB, 498x140
>>67904021
Cleanse mainstream society of leftist ideas, and the media is soon to follow. Start in schools and universities by promoting factual debate, critical thinking, logic and common sense over emotion. In Sweden the leftist brainwashing starts at a young age with leftist teachers

This opinion piece was posted on the largest newspaper in Sweden, she's one of the higher ups and thousands of people will read this madness and think it makes sense

>"In 30 years we'll all be ashamed. There's a feasible risk that our way of handling the refugee crisis will be compared to the world war two death camps"

This is of course in response to the closing of Europe's border, media is losing their shit over it and calling it the "iron curtain of the 21th century"
>>
>How do we fix mainstream journalism

You gas the kikes.
>>
File: 6152.jpg (36 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
6152.jpg
36 KB, 500x483
Re-enable the Smith-Mundt Act so it's illegal to broadcast propaganda to US citizens.

https://www.rt.com/usa/smith-mundt-domestic-propaganda-121/
>>
Who has her nudes?

I know someone here does
>>
>>67904021
1. Accept the fact that media sources have truth-twisting biases
2. Encourage people to ingest their news from many sources
>>
>>67904021
Ban Journalism degrees (just Marxist indoctrination).

Make all wannabe journalists take internships/cadetships as their training, like it always used to be.
>>
File: top think tanks 2015.png (221 KB, 603x863) Image search: [Google]
top think tanks 2015.png
221 KB, 603x863
>>67904021

What you're looking for is think tank publications, not journalism, and certainly not mainstream journalism.

Mainstream media is always going to be dumbed down for maximum profits and the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>67904021
a revolution that destroys the system completely without it being able to ever recover is the only way
>>
>>67905209
they are not that great desu. I mean they are not bad but they are not great.

But yeah everytime somebody posts this I wanna see em.
>>
make it a crime punishable by jail time to knowingly lie in a news story
>>
>>67904359
source?
>>
>>67904021
>How do we fix mainstream journalism, pol?
Ban members of the CFR from working in or owning media companies.
>>
>>67904021
You can't. The problem is that "journalists" keep confusing editorial with news. Rush Limbaugh is editorial. Bret Baier is news.

It's one of the things that drives me nuts about liberal criticism of Fox News. So many of them point to O'Reilly (as if he's fucking ultra-conservative) and say "SEE, FOX NEWS IS FULL OF SHIT!" But they don't acknowledge the hard news segments from people like Brett, which are pretty damn unbiased.
>>
>>67904359
How dare you!
>>
>>67906681

post yfw you realize the greatest and most eloquent attack against Bush's Iraq War and dismal foreign policy failures was made by Zbigniew Brzezinski at a CFR event.

https://youtu.be/sN4oqJ4J5Cg?t=179
>>
>>67907365
>post yfw you realize the greatest and most eloquent attack against Bush's Iraq War and dismal foreign policy failures was made by Zbigniew Brzezinski at a CFR event.
So what? They always play both sides of a conflict.
>>
>>67907664

you really don't have a clue what you're talking about and you probably had your opinions of our top strategists and institutions formed for you by bottom feeding hacks like alex jones and james corbett

i bet you never even bothered to read any of Zbig's books, read any CFR publications, watch any of their events and discussions, research their role in crafting policies that defeated the USSR, let alone those of any of the other dozens of top think tanks and strategists in USA and around the world

no, you're probably typical simpleton who is too uninformed to understand the world in a comprehensive way and instead relies on conspiracy theory to fill in the gaps in your knowledge and ability to comprehend world events

but most people are that way, which is why we need think tanks and representative government to make the important decisions because average people are too stupid and uninformed to make good decisions.
>>
>>67904021
CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE MORE CUTE MORE MORE CUTE MORE
>>
>>67908414
I subscribe to both the print and online forms of FP. That being said it sounds like you dont understand the history of the organization or what their founding purpose was, namely to promote globalism post WWI, this is a quote from their own founders.
>>
>>67908414
good post

I made the earlier post about ethics and with a pic of Edward R. Murrow, but got no responses. It seems 4chan would rather memepost and emotionally masturbate one another than have any real discussion.
>>
>>67904021
Get really rich, invest in journalism.
Kill the great six of mass media.
>>
>>67904021

Honestly? Do what Trump suggests. Open up the libel laws so that "news" that reports bullshit can be sued into the ground.
>>
>increase libel law penalties for established media (bloggers can keep being shit so long as they never call themselves journalists at any point in their career)
>strike system for individual "journalists"
>enough strikes and they're legally barred from the industry

I fixed journalism.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.