[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a barber, as was my father and his father before him.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
File: k95.jpg (50 KB, 900x661) Image search: [Google]
k95.jpg
50 KB, 900x661
I'm a barber, as was my father and his father before him. I work with two lifelong friends but before my father passed I worked with him.

Being a barber was a very fulfilling job. It's a family+friend run business, the pay is good, and it's a very relaxed working environment. My take last year was $70,000, and we're not a high end salon or anything: just casual barbershop.

I've noticed a trend in the last five years. We started being accosted a few years back by diversity groups for not having women on staff and just last year some people started a hubbub that we only serve men. Men's and women's hair are different: they have different textures, require different product, and of course the styling is different.

Why don't I hire women? I have nothing against female barbers or hairstylists: in fact, I get my hair done exclusively by one woman from another barbershop. I just don't want to hire outside my circle of friends or family. Why don't I cut women's hair? Well I kind of explained it already.

This is culminating with a recent (as of last week) summons to the human rights tribunal for not serving women. I might lose my business, a business that's been in my family for 70 years.

I always thought that being a barber is the last true bastion of masculine employment. You can't get more masculine than this, but apparently this is a bad thing.
>>
>>67897870
Ignore the bullshit mate and keep doing what you do. If you were in my neighbourhood I'm sure you'd be my 1st choice barber
>>
You got to be joking.
Are male saloon barbers illegal now?
>>
I wouldn't even know what to talk about in a Canadian barbershop.

I'm so used to sitting down and hearing a bunch of old guys yelling about the yankees.
>>
>>67897870
What the fuck? How in the world do they get mad about this shit. They'll start complaining about misogynist barbers not knowing how to do women's hair. Black people go to black barbers because their hair is different too and they don't bitch.
>>
>>67898261

I can't ignore it. Look at this idiocy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Rights_Tribunal_of_Ontario#Case_against_John_Fulton
>>
Golly, my father was a mailman, his father was a coal miner.
>>
>>67897870
If you need any guns, Canadabro, entire crates of freedom can be purchased for a couple hundred bucks just a few miles south.

As we say down here, the 2nd exists to protect the 1st. What that means to a nation that traded their freedom for maple syrup, you argue your case legally in court first. Should your plague of liberals refuse to listen to logic and reason, execute every last one of them.

Bullets, burgers, and sweet vengeance.
>>
>>67898422

To summarize:

>preop MtF transexual wants to join a female only spa or something
>owner says not while he's preop as he has to consider the rights of his female patrons
>lawsuit
>Tribunal tells him to comply yet won't tell him his rights or the rights of his patrons and if they're being infringed by allowing a man into a female only environment
>having male or female specific environments is not illegal as long as it's clearly outlined it's for decency sake
>3 years and $130,000 later, the MtF transexual drops the case
>Tribunal will not reimburse the spa owner nor take any responsibility
>>
>>67898422
The world has truly gone to shit. Well should any of that bullshit come your way, throw up a kickstarter and I'd be happy to chip in to legal costs
>>
A bit unrelated but it might give you a good feeling

I'd choose you any day over the chain if I saw y'all.
>>
>>67897870

>canadian notices reality for the first time in his life

This would've been cute if you weren't so fucking retarded and oblivious to your surroundings.

>implying this is real
>>
>>67897870
>>67899212
This. I like old fashioned hairstyles so I choose local, small, old fashioned barbers and encourage my mates to do the same. They care a lot more than the chains.
I'm sure you'll get through just fine lad.
>>
>>67899297

I harbor similar feelings to the rest of /pol/ when it comes to social justice warriors, but I figured my area of interest was safe. I figured everyone has some understanding that some places are for men only and some places are for women only. Of all those places, I figured a barbershop would be safe.

It's like going up to a violinist on the street and assuming he also knows how to play piano. I don't know how to cut women's hair, or I do, but it'd be cut like a man. Why would any woman want this?
>>
>>67897870
A barber. Sent to a human rights tribunal like some commienazi. A fucking leaf. Canada is shit.
>>
>>67897870
Also move your shop to the USA you won't be dragged before a fascist court for summary execution like cucknada.
>>
>>67899551

There are places for women only, in that you are correct.

Places for men only are misogynistic and horribly sexist. Welcome to the reality where your president is "a current year" guy.
>>
>>67897870
isnt a barber by definition for men?

a salon/ hairdresser is the one where women go......right?
>>
>>67897870
YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
Find some media that will support you and support the capitalist and free way of life, and get them in on it.

I'd argue if you even fight it, and not just ignore it to politicize the hell out of it, one thing they hate being told is that they want to stifle freedom and free choice.
>>
>>67897870

>My take last year was $70,000

How much fucking hair are you cutting?

Average barber salary here is absolute dog shit, about 22,000/yr
>>
>>67900025

Consistently 35-45 customers a day come in for a cut, 5-15 for a shave.
>>
>>67899940

If you consider Italian/Austrian white, sure. I have olive skin.
>>
>>67900025

As the OP said he comes from a long line of barbers I'm pretty sure he has his own business and it's been up for a long time with a good customer base. This is something you should've been able to figure out by yourself though.
>>
no girls allowed
>>
>>67897870
How does it feel having a career that is stupid, that anyone with a set of clippers could do for himself?
>>
>>67900233

How does that change anything? If even if what you said was true, he still shouldn't be making that kind of money. The only people who get paid that amount of money here to cut hair work for the state as prison barbers since no one else wants to do that job.
>>
Anyone here not buy into the genetic (mother's father gene theory) explanation of balding? I think balding is caused by too much sex/masturbation/semen-loss/lack of blood to the head during furious faps.
>>
OP, just do this

>say you aren't hiring
>if any women wants their hair cut at your barbershop, they have to pay $120 at minimum
>you highly advice potential customer's against it because you are not good at it.
>The price is due to it taking you too much time to get it done well, which you aren't really able to do.
>>
>>67898886
This is typical authoritarian tactics. Even if the law is against them, they will litigate their opponents into submission or bankruptcy.
>>
>>67900126
How much do you charge?
Here it is 10 bucks plus tips
no way does that add up to 70K after dividing it up
>>
File: feature2.jpg (148 KB, 840x500) Image search: [Google]
feature2.jpg
148 KB, 840x500
>>67900429

Balding is mostly genetic but also how well you take care of your scalp. I tell my customers to avoid hairspray or mousse as it dries you the fuck out. I only use pic related.
>>
>>67897870

I have a hard time believing that OP's story is true.

OP, show is a pic of this summons. If you don't, or can't provide other proof, we'll have to conclude that your story is just silly and fabricated.
>>
>>67900429

I've fapped dozens of times a day for the last 16 years and at 28 i have a beautiful and lush head of hair.
> your theory btfo
>>
>>67900568

Haircut $18, shave $12. Add about 15-20% on top for tips.
>>
>>67900400
theres no should or shouldnt, theres only supply and demand and how much people are willing to pay for good service. Celeb makeup artists and stylists get paid much, much more

besides, barber numbers are in decline
>>
Is it odd that I went to a barber until I was able to drive and go to a hairstylist of my own choosing? That barber, and hairstylist are different jobs that do the same thing?
>>
>>67900226

We are, bro. Italian/German here. We'll always be white when it suits other people and dagos when it suits other people.

If you lived down here, you'd be my barber pick also.
>>
>>67900568
Remember m8 Canadians use monopoly money
>>
>>67897870
Man that sounds like the comfiest start in life, and your dad set you up for a great future.

Now these fucking bitches wanna take it away from you. Dont ever do it, women will wreck your barbershop with drama and bullshit and excuses. Customers will flee, profits will down.

Sell it and start another biz in a less fucked up place, or fight it with all you got
>>
>>67900585
why ? i know a barber that is in the exact same situation as OP , and showing a pic of a barbershop is so easy to find and can't prove anything.
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>67897870
hey were is this barber. I need a cut. how about it?
>>
>>67900593
completely bald 28 year old spotted. nice try costanza
>>
>>67900226
Hey are you me?
Which province are you in? I have to get a haircut and I'd love to support your business.
>>
File: 1457560911644.jpg (12 KB, 401x387) Image search: [Google]
1457560911644.jpg
12 KB, 401x387
>>67897870
Tell them you only employ people inside of your friend circle, and they just happen to be men. Don't go cry on the internet about this, WE can't do anything.

Go out and say what you just now wrote in this thread.
>>
>>67900226
I need a hair cut. Where is you'r barber
>>
>>67900989

I said "proof' you idiot, not a fucking pic of a barber shop. How fucking stupid are you? Proof, pic of summons or whatever else constitutes reasonable evidence. For you to think a pic of a barbershop constitutes reasonable evidence is proof only of your own idiocy. Calling me a newfag? Lol. Sure pal. Just toss that out to anyone who thinks you're a twat. You know a barber in the exact situation? What is that? More of your "proof"?

>Hurrdurr it's true cuz i says so and im anon so it must be true.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>67901169

Problem is, if he admits that he only hires within his friend circle, he'll practically be admitting that he's racist and sexist by only employing white males. Lefty-thought will make it so.
>>
>>67900691

I believe you, OP, after having read that Fulton case. I can see how it's plausible that you would get a summons for even the craziest or flimsiest of claims against you. It's a shame. Like the other guys in this thread, I'd love to know where your shop is. Would love to give you my business.
>>
>>67900400
It's his business nigger, he's not some employee
>>
>>67900400

That's a pretty goddamned good job. Probably more secure than being a barber in the wrong part of Washington or NY.
>>
>>67900892
This desu. Women do not belong in traditional barbershops.
Do these employment policies apply in every province in Canada? Or just your locale?

In the US, small businesses with less than 15 employees are typically exempt from having to follow the EEOC and ADA (US equivalents of equal employment/anti-discrimination bs). If you were looking to relocate, you should consider 'Murrica.
>>
>>67897870
Holy shit Canada is lost
>>
>>67897870
Just tell them you're gay and jewish, for fucks sake.

Tell them that according to Jewish tradition male and female barber shops have to be separated and you don't have the room and tell them you are employing males, because you are gay and trying to help other gay men by employing them.

That, and threaten to go to the press and charge the court with antisemitism and homophobia.
>>
>>67901817

My friend and I joked that we should pass as Muslim, as according to Muslim scripture, men may not touch the hair of women not inside their family.
>>
>>67902005

I meant to link this as well:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012/11/15/woman_denied_haircut_goes_to_human_rights_tribunal_of_ontario.html

Our idea wouldn't have worked in any case.
>>
File: 1458160434106.jpg (223 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1458160434106.jpg
223 KB, 1280x960
>>67901258
It baffles me that his country is like this. But soon my country will turn into a liberal shit hole as well.
>>
>>67897870
Holy shit, are you the guys on Hartzel street?
>>
> summons to the human rights tribunal

I wus like this is a thing?
Then
>Canada

It all makes sense now
>>
>>67902005

This is so fucked up. Religion is now trumping SJW, who in turn can trump rational men. Theocracy, here we come. Bacon, Aristotle, Descartes are now more dead than ever. The West itself is dying. And we let it happen.
>>
>>67900400
I dont understand this thinking from an American. You think $70k is big in America and small businesses cant do it?

>how do they do it?

Hard work, family oriented, with a loyal customer base because your business provides what others cant.

Simple fucking capitalism really. Go and fucking get it instead of shitting on your fellow man
>>
>>67902005
Just do it. Muslim is fine too.
You have to jew them.
>>
The bants at my barbershop are a-1
>>
>>67900510

>DEVILISH
>>
I imagine that being a real barbershop you mostly cut non-degenerate hair styles.
Why not welcome women to get their hair cut at your business, but oh, sorry, we only cut men's hairstyles.
Remove all the tools except men's barber tools. No blow dryer, no styling tools.
You might get a roaring trade of bull dyes and push from 70 to 80k.

Hiring: we hire people who are best suited to be a 'cultural fit' to our workplace culture. No need to mention anything about gender. Why didn't you hire that talented hairdresser woman? She wasn't a good cultural fit. Big companies use this term all the time to avoid legal issues when firing people or not hiring them.
>>
>>67902367

He's Canadian, not my fellow man, my mother was a woman's hairdresser, my sister is a woman's hairdresser, and my father was a barber, I know this business better than anyone in this fucking thread and together, my parent's income was maybe 80k a year growing up. Better than most, definitely, but certainly not living the high life.

I didn't go into either women's or men's barbering or hairstyling, I'm in dental school, actually. No, I personally never worked in this business, but all of my family members have so I think I have the right to speak about this subject.
>>
>>67897870
>>67897870
>>67897870

OP, in Ontario, there are a lot of new barbershops opening up that bill themselves as being exclusively for men. It's to cater to the new fashionable set of men who have grown bears and have longer hair - that whole man-bun scene, you know? So these shops are cropping up everywhere and doing good business.

In short, OP, come to Ontario. You're the real deal, as a barber, and you could do well here. The government is apparently fine with male-only barbershops.
>>
>>67897870
OP I know a place ten minutes away from me that sounds like it would be your business
>>
>>67902768

I'm in Ontario, I'm dealing with the HRT of Ontario.
>>
>>67897870
FUCK that - women don't know how to cut men's hair.
>>
>>67897870
Go protest. This is retarded.
Women already have shit like "women only" exercise facilities and hair saloons. They also have "women only" residents on many universities now. Call them out on their bullshit.
>>
>>67902768

Like this:

http://mancavebarbers.ca/

I know these guys. They're going strong.

Also:
http://www.mankindgrooming.com/
http://www.themenssalon.com/
http://www.prestigestudioformen.com/
http://maverickbarbers.com/

They're all new, they're all ostensibly for men, and they're expanding. So why aren't the SJW attacking these guys?
>>
>>67902755
Did either of your parents or your sister run their own biz on an self owned (i mean fully paid) piece of real estate?

From OP's story it seems like this shop is a family hand me down and he wouldn't be paying exorbitant rent which is what kills most small businesses.
>>
>>67903337

I don't pay rent for the location: it was bought outright well before my time. I do pay property tax, however.
>>
>>67902115
>http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012/11/15/woman_denied_haircut_goes_to_human_rights_tribunal_of_ontario.html

Sett;ed in secret.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/muslim-barber-shop-case-settled-secret-woman-filed-complaint/

femnazi bitch drops complaint, fears of allah ackbars in Toronto.
>>
The world is run by fags, and Jews Christianity is losing so sex roles are too.
>>
File: l.gif (499 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
l.gif
499 KB, 500x200
>>67897870
>human rights tribunal
>>
>>67903429

I guess you don't want to share your location, eh, OP? We'd give you our business, but I can see why you wouldn't post that info on 4chan. God know's I'd be reluctant too. Too many assholes. But I hope you do well and that you win the case.
>>
>>67897870
Leftist "tolerance" destroying the lives of honest, working people again.
>>
>>67897870
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Rights_Tribunal_of_Ontario#Case_against_John_Fulton

Tell them they are welcome to make use of your services but that you are not equipped to cater to them. If they insist, service them. Use the masculine hairproducts. Try to work with their hair as best you can.

They probably won't come back and you would have done your best to make them happy like a good person would.

Tl;dr: Inform them of the why they shouldn't, if they insist, the result is on them.
>>
>>67897870
How much for a beard cut?
>>
>>67897870
My mum always took me to her hairdresser to cut my hair. I got in to the habit of just shaving it off because they always made it look fucking gay if I kept any length.

It worked out because I'm balding now.
>>
>>67903429
And thats what its all about.

Too many of our forefathers (disregard my flag) fell for the big house and backyard meme. When all you need is a family run joint with a comfy living space above it, fully paid off. Then you can open whatever the fuck you want

Now some jealous outsiders want to take it from you. Fuck em
>>
File: 1457040033584.jpg (32 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1457040033584.jpg
32 KB, 189x189
>>67897870
Holy shit I know I made fun of Canada alot but please be fake

>Human rights tribunal

please please please be fake, what the fuck this is some Orwellian shit right here
>>
File: 1456803653616.jpg (4 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
1456803653616.jpg
4 KB, 246x205
>>67905362
>Read thread
>It's Real
>Look up human rights tribunal
>it's fucking real

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dude you should set up like a gofundme or something, we could shill it and get you tons of money to fight those literal social justice warriors.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.