[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do these four words piss atheists off so much? I'm not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: InGodWeTrust.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
InGodWeTrust.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
Why do these four words piss atheists off so much? I'm not even religious and guess what I don't give a shit about it.

Explain your autism.
>>
File: 1453692282174.jpg (42 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1453692282174.jpg
42 KB, 604x604
Because they contradict the supposedly God given rights of the constitution
>>
Because Christfags hurr durr and point to it when you try to explain the establishment clause
>>
>>67870012

Because gods aren't real and it's like praising a leprechaun on a government document.
>>
>>67870012
Allow me.

What's good for you, your Fucking a white male, is also good for whoever replaces you as the majority.

En Dios Tenemos Confianza.
>>
>>67870060
I didn't realize money was the state.
>>
>>67870012
Because we need to end the fed. Getting rid of these words on currency is just a bonus.
>>
>>67870012

>IN ALLAH WE TRUST

does this sound worse?

Protip:they're equally retarded
>>
Conflating god with money is a problem, I think.
>>
File: Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg (347 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
347 KB, 2560x1600
>>67870012
Putting God on your banknotes is the most intelligent theological thing you can do.

All society is build upon credit, which ultimately expresses the trust people put -- in your ability to provide goods, services, etc.

More cash = more trust.

In some languages, credit/trust/faith are not even separated concepts.

So, pretty much... cash is the most tangible evidence of human belief in somebody's possibility.

Religious associations, let alone institutionalized religions, given their commitment to morality, were the first sources of financial trust. People are willing to entrust their moneys to those who declare themselves to desire the best for everyone. Conversely, those who are "trusted" by institutions have the power to invest money.

Religion and finance. A necessary link, a natural bond between the two.

Amerifag banknotes make it clear. I do not see anything wrong with it.
>>
File: Mount_Rushmore_National_Memorial.jpg (749 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
Mount_Rushmore_National_Memorial.jpg
749 KB, 2400x1800
>>67870012
Because they take it as favoring Christianity.
Defenders say it just favors theism bluntly and doesn't necessarily mean favoring a church.

Hence the debate continues.

That said
>"...endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."
>>
>>67870012
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism
>>
>>67870541
that last part is not in the Constitution and the DOI is not a legal document
>>
i don't get it either. i'm not religious, but none of it bothers me. ten commandments, nativity scenes, crosses, whatever. i just see it as part of the culture and deal with it.
>>
>>67870012
>live in religious country
>WOW DUDE RELIGION IS EVERYWHERE

Why are people suprised by this?
>>
File: 1383004748508.jpg (126 KB, 632x413) Image search: [Google]
1383004748508.jpg
126 KB, 632x413
>>67870193
>>67870402
>>
>>67870921
That was never my point. I'm mentioning the implication of rights in their time being an appeal to Enlightenment Age Natural Law.
>>
>>67870012
god being money?
money is god
and trust is god
we trust the money god
aka jews
>>
>>67870012
I'm an atheist. This bothered me back in the day before we had our first sjw on twitter and before twitter now that I think about it.

As of today I don't care. I want to distance myself as far as possible from the self hating liberal cucks. Although most are atheist, they are walking contradictions. They "fight", aka whine online, for women's rights YET they defend Muslims and the teachings of Islam which at every level discriminates against faggots and treat women less than trash. These are the liberal cucks nowawdays who push for removing the phrase " in god we trust".

I'm 26 years old. I remember my senior economics teacher telling us the our political affiliations will certainly change more than once throughout our life. I always though that was a stupid thing he was saying. I never could see myself going red. Yet hear I am. Voting for trump. Agreeing with christian principles and seeing the benefits of religion on communities. Hell, I've decided to raise my kids christian just because of the positives of Christian principles can do.

Still an atheist and that won't ever change. Anyone who believes the lies of christinty is by definition delusional. But cheers mate.
>>
>>67870012
It should be "In Israel we trust", they are the truly the greatest ally. A beacon of hope and light in a desert of monkeys.
>>
>>67870247
More like :

"En Dios confiamos".

Vigilo Confido,etc.
>>
>>67870012
Because in 50 years, it's going to be changed to:

>In Allah we trust
>>
Oh look another slide thread.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.