[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CA Gun Owners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Glock_17.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Glock_17.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
So I just moved to the People's Republic of California. I brought with me a hunting rifle, a shotgun, and a revolver. I want to get a semi-auto pistol like pic related but I've been reading into CA gun laws and it's a fucking joke. 10rnd limit on magazines, must have magazine release safety, can't even buy a Gen 4 Glock or 99% of the best modern handguns out there (dreams of owning FNX-45 up in smoke). I can't even go to NV and buy one and bring it back because you need residency to purchase a gun. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Any other CA gun enthusiasts here?

tl;dr CA gun law thread.
>>
File: guns.jpg (648 KB, 1488x1984) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
648 KB, 1488x1984
>>67862840
gun shows.

also the gen 3 are not bad.
>>
Also, is there even a point to owning a gun in CA? You can't CC, and from what I've heard you can't even defend your own home from a burglar without the DA charging you with murder.
>>
>>67862840
move, also >>>/k/
>>
>>67863020
>sticky says threads about politics belong on /pol/, not /k/
You're a stupid cunt. OP created a gun law thread, and gun legislation is clearly political.
>>
>>67862840
get an ar with a bullet button
that's the only way you can get one
>>
>>67863020
I guess you haven't actually been to /k/ in a while because you would've seen the sticky clearly stating that gun law discussions belong on /pol/.

>>67862947
I'll probably end up getting a Gen 3, but it sucks because they're still like $600 in some places when they would be less if the Gen 4 was available.

Are you telling me that gun shows allow purchase of Gen 4 Glocks & other "banned" guns?
>>
>>67863006
california has pretty decent self defense law, just absolutely shit ownership law
>>
>>67863006
Yes you can CC. Just need to be in Jefferson,
>>
>>67863246
got mine for 619 after all the Ca bullshit.
>>
>>67863150
when did OP say he wanted an AR.

I wouldnt even bother with ARs in cali, because they're so gimped and stupid looking they're virtually pointless
>>
>>67863006
We've got something pretty close to Castle Doctrine in our Penal Code (CPC 198.5 http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&sectionNum=198.5.)

Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.
As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant or substantial physical injury.
>>
>>67863300
Gen 3?
>>
>>67863006
Your second point is not true at all. Someone is even on your lawn you can cap them
>>
>>67863442
yup, it was 530 in store, but you have to pay for the test, and the background bs and tax.
>>
>>67863150
They are getting rid of that option this year.

OP, if you're going to get an AR, do it now. also, I'm moving out of Cal this month, first purchase is fnx-45. You have great taste
>>
>>67863481
Maybe in Alabama, but in CA you need to be in danger of death or great bodily injury (like >>67863412 pointed out).

I'm so worried about this shit I almost have panic attacks (I live in the bay area now, in a pretty shady area). If I have a break-in how the fuck do I avoid going to jail? I'm probably gonna buy less-than-lethal ammo to play it safe.
>>
>>67863412
Also

Even though it’s not in the law, the California Criminal Jury Instructions (CALCRIM) do allow a jury to acquit someone based on a stand-your-ground defense. The instruction appears in CALCRIM #505 and #506, both of which deal with justifiable homicide:

“A defendant is not required to retreat. He or she is entitled to stand his or her ground and defend himself or herself and, if reasonably necessary, to pursue an assailant until the danger of (death/great bodily injury/<insert forcible and atrocious crime>) has passed. This is so even if safety could have been achieved by retreating.”
>>
>>67863575
Fuck, I'm so pissed I didn't get one before moving here. Apparently the FNP line was available before the ban but are hard to get a hold of.

>>67863573
Being "pre-ban," does it have any special modifications for compliance in CA? e.g. magazine release safety? Or is it the same as every other Gen 3 in the US, just sold with 10 rnd mags?
>>
>>67863934
Nope, just a 10 round mag, some gun shows still sell 30 round mags by making them into parts kits.
>>
>>67863851
That makes me feel a little better, thanks. I'll still probably throw a couple beanbags in my Mossberg just to be safe. I can't afford to deal with the hassle of going to trial for killing a robber/burglar.
>>
>>67864059
I read that assembling the kit into a functional mag counts as "manufacturing hi-cap magazines" and you can still get busted. Is this bullshit?
>>
>>67864207
probs, just shoot it in your backyard unless you live in the city. Redding is nice, just a bunch of methheads and rednecks.
>>
>>67864399
When you bought your gun at the gun show did you get it the same day? Or do they make you wait in CA? I can't imagine it would be like other states where it takes 20 mins to buy a gun at a gun show (that's how fast it took me to buy my revolver).
>>
>>67864651
I did not get it at the gun show, I got mine at the LGS. but at gun shows, you do have to wait.
>>
File: chrome_2016-03-18_07-52-13[1].png (346 KB, 499x387) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-03-18_07-52-13[1].png
346 KB, 499x387
>>67862947
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>67863575
>They are getting rid of that option this year.
You're right. I remember when the governor vetoed it.
Get it before the ban.
It will grandfather in

>Those with a bullet button would have until 2018 to register their gun and those found after that date with such a device installed on an unregistered rifle would be liable to a felony charge and up to a year in prison.
>http://www.guns.com/2016/01/15/california-moves-to-ban-bullet-buttons-on-semi-auto-rifles/
>>
>>67865034
Fuck.
>>
>>67862840
>tfw false flags got Colorado turned into mini California

we aint never getting this repealed
>>
>>67865041
AB 1663 and 1664 have just been introduced, not signed into law, correct? That means there's still time to fight against it right?
>>
>>67865541
yea it hasn't passed yet
the governor could veto it again
>>
>>67865360
I wish politics wasn't so messy.
They create these fake shootings, and pass laws right after.
Annoying but effective.

>"Killing machines have no place on our streets and gun violence must not be tolerated," said Assemblymember Marc Levine, (D-Marin County), a co-author of AB 1663 who today introduced AB 1664, a complementary piece of legislation banning bullet buttons. "This legislation assures that gun manufacturers cannot work around the intent of California's ban on military-style assault weapons. We raise our children in communities, not war zones."
>http://asmdc.org/members/a17/news-room/press-releases/assemblymember-david-chiu-and-attorney-general-kamala-harris-and-advocates-introduce-bill-to-close-bullet-button-loophole-and-strengthen-california-s-assault-weapons-ban
>>
>>67862840

You fucked up once when you moved to California.

You fucked up twice when you decided to obey bad laws.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.