[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many fats do you see in your city on a daily basis? Austin,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: VUQShH.png (426 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
VUQShH.png
426 KB, 1024x768
How many fats do you see in your city on a daily basis?

Austin, Texas here. Surprisingly I see relatively few morbidly obese people. Most are overweight but haven't evolved into full obesity yet. I'd say generally that 50-60% are overweight, 20-30% are obese, and the rest are a healthy weight.

How do we solve the obesity crisis sweeping the globe? Will it solve itself? Is there a way for government to curb the problem? Should we just let the hambeasts eat themselves to death?
>>
>>67862690
i havent left my apartment in weeks
>>
>>67862690

Obesity isn't unbeatable. You want a solution? Mandatory military service from 19-21. Bootcamp, regular drills, skill building discipline honing work, the whole deal. That's how you solve obesity.
>>
>>67863099
Can you imagine trying to pass a mandatory military service law in the US, or any modern first world country? It'd never fly. Not to mention that a huge percentage (I think over half) of kids these days in the US is overweight or obese. They'd be disqualified from service before they even hit the conscription age.
>>
>>67863399
That's why it's not going to happen. I'm just saying that intense physical exercise and programs that instill pride and self-discipline is the solution to the problem.
>>
>>67863099
You realize how many fat ass vets there are? That won't solve it.
>>
>>67863537
The only way I can imagine to really stop the obesity epidemic is to target children. Make the kids WANT to be fit, and make them able to recognize what is ok to eat and what isn't ok to eat and they'll be able to fight back against obesity. Imagine if we could educate kids on calories and make them want to be fit and healthy. Give them a camera and tell them to track how many calories they really eat. Then every week at school the calories get tallied and the kid gets extra recess time or something. That way no matter what a parent shoves down their kid's throats, the kids can be held accountable for exactly what they ate and how many calories were there.

Once we can curb the child obesity epidemic, they'll grow into normal sized adults and might even help their parents become accountable for their weight. We need to incentivize companies to hire fit employees and keep their employees accountable for their weight. We need to start making being a fat person a shameful thing, and make people want to be thin. Maybe a discount card that can be used everywhere, where you pay 10% less for being fit, and 20% more for being obese.
>>
>>67864116

>Once we can curb the child obesity epidemic, they'll grow into normal sized adults and might even help their parents become accountable for their weight. We need to incentivize companies to hire fit employees and keep their employees accountable for their weight. We need to start making being a fat person a shameful thing, and make people want to be thin. Maybe a discount card that can be used everywhere, where you pay 10% less for being fit, and 20% more for being obese.

The biggest problem I see with that last bit is that statistics show it's the poorest people who have the highest obesity rate since bad food is typically cheaper.
>>
>>67864339
>The biggest problem I see with that last bit is that statistics show it's the poorest people who have the highest obesity rate since bad food is typically cheaper.

This is technically true, though it's only true from a certain lens.

Yes, poor people are generally fatter than more wealthy people, but the logic that it's because cheap food is "worse for you" is dubious. People generally say this because you can get a whole meal at McDicks for $5 while "healthy food" at the grocery store is much more expensive. This isn't true either, for a number of reasons:

#1. Even if you only eat fast food, you can still be skinny so long as you count calories. 2000 calories worth of McDonald's burgers is the same 2000 calories as you would find in any other food. The problem is it takes less food to get to 2000 calories when you eat only burgers and french fries as opposed to salads and fruits. If you payed attention and stuck to a 2000 calorie diet of McDonald's, you would not get any fatter than if you ate 2000 calories worth of cheese and salami. This is a fact.

#2. Healthy food is not expensive. You don't have to buy "organic food" for it to be healthy. A head of lettuce is just as good whether it's organic or not. Healthy foods are cheap as shit. Beans, rice, whole grain bread, vegetables, etc are all cheap and good for you. The chicken breast doesn't have to be "free range" for it to still be healthy (if you grill it and don't cover it in butter).

What these excuses boil down to is poor people not wanting to put the effort into cooking. Sure, they work hard and have shitty jobs usually, but cooking is great. It's fun and can be simple if you know what you're doing. Fat people either don't know how or don't want to cook, which is why our society is ballooning at the rate it is.
>>
>>67862690

Corpus Christi.

Fat spics everywhere.
>>
File: 20110925_BITTMAN_MARSHgph-popup.jpg (670 KB, 630x1216) Image search: [Google]
20110925_BITTMAN_MARSHgph-popup.jpg
670 KB, 630x1216
>>67864339
>bad food is typically cheaper.

Go eat a thousand pounds of dicks if it's cheaper.
>>
>>67863099
How will that solve it when millions of kids are being born without a hope in the world they are born in unhealthy, fat families you need to nip it in the butt at the very beginning at the core.
>>
>>67863099
Thats expensive as fuck and a huge drain on the tax payers. How about no.
>>
>>67865734

1. It's nip it in the bud, not butt.
2. Are you implying that young adults/adults can't change?

I guarantee you two years on strict rations and exercise regiments would change damn near anyone.
>>
>>67865656
Americans are too fucking lazy to cook/ learn how to make good tasting and healthy food.
>>
File: Beauty and the Beast.jpg (114 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
Beauty and the Beast.jpg
114 KB, 960x638
>>67866068

It's a fucking sham. I'm no gourmand, I spend maybe an hour a day cooking, more if it's my day off. But even simple shit like crock pot recipes takes so little time and is infinitely better than any pre-made or microwaved shit.

I mean take 15 minutes and boil some eggs for breakfast asshole.
>>
>>67866359

Tale as old as time. Beauty and No Feet.
>>
If op has proper landwhales in mind, don't see any. Slighlty overweight - some. Gyms are full, parks are full of people excercising during warm weather. Being obese is considered to be unhealthy and degenerate.
>>
File: File Size is Too Large.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
File Size is Too Large.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>67867528

Can people even afford to be fat there?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.