[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where does /pol/ stand on this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 400x400
Where does /pol/ stand on this guy?
>>
I like him. Of course all these liberal and republican cucks think that he commited treason and don't see what he's actually done.
>>
He did good, but right now all he's doing is being a smug faggot on Twitter and rousing the Bernout cucks.
>>
He did what Captain America would do.
>>
>>67858207
>>67859382
I like him too.
>>
>>67858207

I took concensus in a thread a month ago.

80% calling him a patriot, 20% traitor.

Of those who called him a patriot, about half thought that running to Russia was wrong and hurt his image and public message.
>>
>>67858207
I like him.
>>
>>67859550
What's he gonna do, sit in America and die?
He's not fucking stupid.
>>
Linear yet complex situation to tackle.
>>
i have no problem with what he did. i admit that i do not understand the information he leaked.
>>
>>67859382
>he literally committed treason
>but because we are in a new era of liberal backswing, everything against the USA is fine
Granted, some of the shit he exposed is fucked, but still, green is green at the end of the day, no matter how hard you try to re-describe it
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1250x703) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1250x703
He did the right thing.

Regardless of what old bootlicking fuckers think.
>>
>>67858207
attention whoring idiot whose dumbassery surpassed even that of the tranny Manning

hypocritical cucks here suck his cock hard, so I'm prepared for any buttblasted replies
>>
>>67858207
>>67858207
I won't deny that his information wasn't invaluable to spreading distrust in government, but he's nevertheless a traitor
>>
>>67859550
>running to Russia

He didn't run to Russia. He had a plane stop in Russia when his passport was canceled. So he didn't move to Russia, he was marooned in Russia by Obama.
>>
>>67858207
The guy is a traitor. It's one thing to whistleblow on something your country is doing, it's quite another to literally datamine for as many of your nations secrets as you can shady or non-shady and take all that info as you flee the country to one of America's enemy's.
>>
A Russian Spy

Said this election is Trump vs Goldman Sachs, and he's right about that
>>
>>67858207
An SJW cuck. Did the right thing, but still a little bitch.
>>
A patriot who sacrificed his life for the greater good.
>>
I support him. I think most patriots do too but its easier politically to disavow him because its not a critical issue.
>>
I'll place him in the traitor category.
Before you respond, I'm a hardcore free software user. I'm using gahnoo+linucks right now while posting this.

He fled to China of all places to release information hurting my country's security. Why?
>h-h-he'd be killed here!
Okay, and...?
He could have fled to any country in the EU. By EU law, they cannot extradite a whistleblower. If a country deported him, they would be sanctioned by the EU court of justice.

I appreciate what he did, but I think he's done far, far more than he's let on. Too many people are willing to either jump up and suck his cock or hang him for what he's done to have a good argument about it however.
>>
>>67860384
>SJW
>Plays vidya
>Watches anime
>Votes libertarian
>>
>>67860283
you're right

he first ran Hong Kong, which is even more retarded because Hong Kong does not accept political asylum seekers

so this shows that he did not even do basic research before he left

total dumbass
>>
>>67860465
>seriously thinks the eu wouldn't extradite him

Holy fuck you are deluded
>>
>>67860465
Tell that to Sweden and plans for Assange
>>
>>67860465
EU worked soo well for Assange...
>>
>>67858207
He's a hero
>>
>>67859550
You sure nobody called him a state agent involved in a limited hangout operation?

Because thats what he is.
>>
>>67860745
Just how absurdly powerful do you think the NSA is if what he reveals counts as a limited hangout?
You realise that A LOT more was revealed than that logs of who you call are kept, right?
>>
What he did was wrong because he was disloyal to his country.. however I cannot blame him because the american government is barely legitimate and not loyal to the american people either
>>
>>67860583
>>67860628
>>67860703
The EU has already voted to protect him you retards
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/29/edward-snowden-eu-parliament-vote-extradition

he made millions selling state secrets and you're too far up ron paul's ass to see it
>>
>>67861224
No government is
>>
>>67861291
>they voted to give him protection!

Yeah neglect to mention that is in 2015 after he already released everything and has been in Russia for like what? 2 years?
>>
Seems good in theory but what did he really leak that we didn't know? And what damage was shown from his leaks? What did it change?

It's not as though his stolen documents proved some horrible atrocities on the part of the american government. Yes, the NSA and other branches have unparalleled capabilities. Yes they use these capabilities for mass surveillance. But, wouldn't you be more surprised and upset if the worlds greatest nation on earth was NOT doing this? How would you feel if america didn't have start of the art technological capabilities and instead Russia and China where lightyears ahead of us on this front?

That's all that really came from his leaks. Evidence of mass surveillance abroad and mass meta data mining here at home. You can argue the ethics of it but what is the intent? Snowden is a liberal cuck. No denying this. He would have you believe this is a worst atrocity in modem times while conveniently ignoring intentions.

And anyone who isn't a rabid self loathing liberal will tell you the intentions aren't so bad. War on terrorism. Keeping Americans safe at the expense of europoor and Asian privacy rights. How effective this mass surveillance is, is up for debate but the intentions arent.
>>
>>67861291
So?
At the time of the reveals it seemed like they would just extradite him, because that's what Sweden and the UK wants to do to Assange.
Going there would have been fucking retarded knowing their history
>>
"After fleeing to Hong Kong, Edward Snowden told the South China Morning Post that the NSA had led more than 61,000 hacking operations worldwide, including many in Hong Kong and mainland China."

"The files allegedly suggested that the NSA had also conducted an electronic eavesdropping operation in a building in Brussels, where the EU Council of Ministers and the European Council were located."

And so on...

I'm glad he did what he did, but he deserves to hang.
>>
>>67860304
he didnt take the data to russia. he turned it over to greenwald
>>
>>67860745
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.
>>67860857
Who knows, but a good thing to keep in mind is that the government is usually technologically ahead of the American people by at least 10-15 years. Another thing to keep in mind is Mordechai Vanunu. He revealed that Israel was becoming nuclear capable, and the Mossad lured him to Italy, drugged and kidnapped him, gave him a secret trial, and imprisoned him for 18 years, 11 in solitary confinement. If what Snowden did was really as bad as we're supposed to believe, the government spooks would've put a bullet in his head a long time ago.
>>
File: image.png (831 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
image.png
831 KB, 640x533
>>67861471
>believing the muh turrurism meme shit
>being an actual neocon
>security of liberty

GET A WARRANT
>>
>>67861302
Defeatist.
>>
>>67858207
Traitor, hang him.
>>
File: 1413704913229.jpg (31 KB, 736x402) Image search: [Google]
1413704913229.jpg
31 KB, 736x402
>>67861471
>Yes they're committing crimes against their citizens, but it would be an even worse crime if they weren't the best at committing crimes against their citizens
Fuck off m8
>>
>>67861443
were they going to vote before he did anything?
In 2008, the European Court of Human Rights
ruled that whistleblowing is a freedom of expression and protected as such you fucking retard
keep protecting the guy who made millions selling secrets to china
because if I wanted to be protected I'd go to a country that doesn't even offer political asylum, right? Right guys?
>>
File: hero.jpg (247 KB, 881x330) Image search: [Google]
hero.jpg
247 KB, 881x330
>>67858207
>>
>>67861634
How is that being a defeatist? All governments are like that, they are all a necessary evil.

It's why it's hilarious you see some other statist promising to fix problems by making everything go away from their central planning bullshit, it never works, and anything they do that may be good is usually abused by the person next in line.
>>
>>67860557
the idea is that hk and china wouldnt allow extradiction. just like the dark knight!
>>
>>67858207
The man awakes 20 cucks and you call him a traitor....
>>
>>67861615
They tried to kidnap him, dumbass.
They hijacked the Bolivian president's jet because they thought he was on board
>>
File: nsa2.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nsa2.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV_G2nbSA4I
>>
>>67861710
Would you not go to a country, possibly the largest, that would actually tell the US to fuck off? How about you address what others have mentioned about Assange in the EU, why would he trust them?
>>
>>67858207
faggot traitor
>>
>>67858207

The same place I stand on everything:

memes
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 634x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 634x604
He has a hot girlfriend...
>>
>>67861872
>Would you not go to a country, possibly the largest, that would actually tell the US to fuck off?
HAHAHA
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/extradited-chinese-national-sentenced-nine-years-providing-us-goods-iran-support-its
you were saying?
They extradite their own citizens to us, they'd given Snowden on a silver platter you fucking idiot
>How about you address what others have mentioned about Assange in the EU,
maybe he should stop raping women and sweden wouldn't want him extradited to their country
>>
He should of given the information in a way where the common man can understand without actually causing the documents to be circulated on a public level.

For example, Govt spies through electronics and saves data not III. #85*#9*! $*5,8
>>
>>67861829
Right, they "tried' to kidnap him and failed lol. If you believe that, I've got a piece of the Brooklyn bridge I'd love to sell you.
>>
>>67862102
Well maybe that's why he went their? To tell them things in return for not having extradition?

Also you're posting China didn't he go to Hong Kong? Aren't they different in terms of extradition? Especially a few years ago?

>believes Assange actually raped someone

Lmao good goy the government wouldn't lie
>>
>>67862102
Sweden only want him in their country so they can send him to the US.
It's a trumped up charge.
The women won't even testify against him.
>>
>>67862220
you realize that they wouldn't be able to extradite snowden to USA, right?
He can be extradited to Sweden from the UK because of EU laws. He cannot be extradited to USA from Sweden on the current charges.
inb4
>durhhh laws mean nothing lol i win because im right :^)
>>
HERO!

Only faggots sucking government dick think anything less of him.

Fuck them for blatantly spying on the public without warrants.

These faggots crying treason are ignoring the fact that the government is committing treason against the American people.
>>
>>67862326
see
>>67862348
please don't respond with 'lol they'll just ignore the EU court of justice', because you should go look up people like polanski and Ali Charaf Damache
>>
>>67862496
If the bullshit you're spouting is true why won't Sweden guarantee they won't extradite him to the US?
If they did that he's perfectly willing to go there to stand trial for the "rape".
But they refuse to do it, why, because that's exactly what they intend to do.
>>
>>67858207
He's fine but there were consequences for exposing our national defense secrets to everybody.

Then he ran to Russia in exchange of god knows what.

Also, corporations already take all the information they can so whenever I see people on Facebook crying about the NSA I lose faith in people. If the government wants to dip into the pot, get a warrant and I don't care. These horror stories of people getting a hold of nudes from Snapchat doesn't really bother me since I don't pass personal info over these services.
>>
>>67862656
Russia was not where he was heading when he left hong kong.
He just got stuck there because there was no safe way to proceed to his destination.
He had to live in an airport for something like 6 months until Russia said he could stay for a while
>>
>>67862628
if laws mean nothing, why wouldn't they just say they guarantee they won't then go back on their word?
>>
>>67862426
This- but unfortunately /pol/ has been infiltrated by the feds for a few years now. Hence the meme political ideology of fascism.
>>
>>67862813
I stopped paying attention to him after he left the US. He said everything that he wanted to say and the last thing I heard was him living in a cabin in Russia or something.
>>
>>67860709

Agreed.

He's a hero.
>>
File: 1450640721016.png (35 KB, 454x375) Image search: [Google]
1450640721016.png
35 KB, 454x375
>>67862813
It's almost as if china told him to fuck off after he sold them information because he wasn't worth defending anymore
then he realized he had nowhere to go because he didn't think this out at all and if he went to the EU they'd find out he sold state secrets for which he can be extradited for because that's not the same thing as whistleblowing
>>
>>67863147
Why do you morons always think he sold the data?
All the evidence suggests he refused to sell it, and the majority of the data was released to the world free of charge.
Besides, how would he get the money when his bank accounts are under US control and you can't carry large sums of money with you when you travel by air?
>>
>>67863147
So what's to stop the us from saying he sold state secrets and then extraditing him from the eu back onto us soil for that?
>>
>>67858207
> Where does /pol/ stand on this guy?

He did the american people a great service in revealing government overreach/betrayal

He also committed treason.
>>
>>67863385
What's to stop China from buying the state secrets secretly then trading Snowden to the US for more loot?
>>
>>67863503
I don't know but he had to do something didn't he? What should have he done? Sit in the us with his finger up his ass? I mean it's easy for us to argue this shit after the fact.
>>
>>67863355
>Besides, how would he get the money when his bank accounts are under US control and you can't carry large sums of money with you when you travel by air?
Let's play a guessing game
>>
>>67863629
Buttcoin is illegal in Russia
>>
>>67863385

Whistleblowing doesn't apply to top secret shit I'm pretty sure. He would extradited no matter what.
>>
>>67858207
Aaron Rodgers is a faggot
>>
So many fence-sitting faggots itt
>he did the right thing but he's also traitor
>>
>>67864382
This is /pol/.
Everybody here thinks Jews control the world, that 9/11 was an inside job.
That Snowden threw away his life for personal gain is relatively low on the tinfoil measure.
>>
>>67864640
Tinfoil would be saying that he's an NSA plant, they have something much, much worse active, and he was just a handwave to trick people.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 180x200
>>67858207
On his treasonous fucking spine
>>
>>67858207
He did a VERY wrong thing for the "right" reasons.

Honestly its not even about morals and more about loyalty. He chose a moral ground that betrayed the American security for whatever reason and therefor made himself an enemy of the state.

I don't personally have ill-will towards him and am glad if anything good comes out of it but you can't start justifying treason when it suits you. On principle he has to be held accountable for his decision.

Sometimes there is no clear "right and wrong" in life. Only how much responsibility and personal grief you will endure for your values. We don't get free passes for good intentions.
>>
I was on board with him until he ran off to the Ruskies/Chinks.
>>
>>67866170
So you were never with him then?
And what do you propose he should have done?
>>
>>
File: 1431217023928.jpg (63 KB, 750x738) Image search: [Google]
1431217023928.jpg
63 KB, 750x738
>all the American shills ITT trying to damage control
>>
>>67866528
Stood on his morals and faced the American court system. You don't get to be a martyr for a moral cause and also run away from responsibility from the negative aspects of your decision like a spoilt child.

If what he did was justifiable enough to commit treason and potentially harm the country, the least he can do is accept the burden of a relatively fair justice system of that country.

Otherwise its pure cowardice but with a ego trip of "muh whistleblower street-cred".

Ends don't justify the means if you aren't a position to force the narrative.
>>
>>67860137
Oh, aren't you that pedophile brony who keeps changing his name constantly?
>>
>>67866860
You're not being rational.
Put yourself in his shoes.
Would you run or would you submit to a trial you had no possibility of winning so that you can sit in an isolation cell for 70 years?
>>
>>67867275

Not to mention the fact that in this day and age, his actions would have been for nothing as they would be trivialized and shoved aside for the latest celebrity gossip or turned into a meme no one knows the background about.

>Look mom, I posted Traitor Man Meme on my wall XD
>>
He really, really likes women
>>
>>67867275
You can't have it both ways. Being "rational" for him was

A) Find a way to release the morally relevant information without committing treason.

or

B) To realize that he doesn't have the fortitude of conscience to face the consequences of his actions and humbly grit his teeth and bare it.

I am not saying it was an easy decision, or even what was the "right" thing to do. But regardless of his intention or end result you can't make an enemy of your own country and get a free pass because "muh morals" because it undermines national security, loyalty to one's duty, and honor to put the needs of your nation first.

He literally could have had it both ways by releasing the pertinent information as dictated to by his conscience (for the American people) and then by showing his respect and loyalty to the system of government that serves us all (the American courts) to answer for his unpleasant actions.

Particularly if he had turned himself in I believe that many more Americans on both sides of the spectrum would have either outright supported or sympathized with his decision and the mercy of the courts would have reflected that because nothing happens in a vacuum. He may not get off lightly but it would be a reasonable sentence and he would likely be an American hero even from prison.

Or maybe not, but doing the right thing is supposed to be with disregard for ones well-being if it comes down to it. By running away he showed himself as nothing more than a coward on a high-horse who puts his progressiveness above any sense of duty to his nation.
>>
File: image.png (280 KB, 355x392) Image search: [Google]
image.png
280 KB, 355x392
>>67866860
>faced the American court system

ur retarded
>>
>>67867247
You only got one of your accusations right
>>
>>67868139
You're a brony?
Jesus, kill yourself
>>
One of the few real Americans.
>>
>>67859382
Hahaha fucking cucks.
I like him because he's a traitor to the US.
If I was American or if he did it to Serbia (and turned to Albania for protection), I would want him and his whole backwards family dead.
>>
>>67858207
Treasonous faggot. He could've been more selective about the information he released. I wouldn't be surprised if he directly was the cause of more cyber attacks against the US
>>
snowden exposed real shit, but then he also sold a lot of state secrets to russia for asylum which could easily have put us in danger

he's in a moral grey zone

i doubt he'd have gotten ayslum in russia had he not given them dirt either, and i doubt had he gone anywhere else the cia couldn't have black bagged him

they might still one day grab his ass too
>>
>>67869752
Fuck up, Slav.
>>
>>67860465
>>67861291
No countries in the EU would accept his asylum application. Cite your sources for "making millions". Just because you use stallman approved software doesn't mean you're not a fucking moron.

"I know more than a CIA and NSA employee about what countries would export me."
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.