[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rule 40(b)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
They CAN'T Broker a Convention on Trump!
A little know GOP rule was put into place in 2011, to help Mitt Romney secure the nomination and prevent an outsider like Ron Paul from using delegate tricks to become the nominee or force a brokered convention: Rule 40b.

The rule is now haunting the GOP establishment as they watch their party apparatus getting dominated by Trump, and Trump beating them with their own rules to prevent such an occurrence from happening. http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/03/16/gidley-political-jihad-will-erupt-if-gop-changes-rules-to-steal-nomination-from-trump/

Tl;DR:
The Rule prevents a candidate who does not meet a qualifying threshold (which only Trump has reached) from being considered on the Second Ballot.
In short: The establishment cannot stump Trump. It’s over.
>>
They can change the rules at the start of the convention
>>
>>67853827
They can change the rule before the convention. I am on Trump's camp but I had to told you.
>>
>>67853827

They can change the rules whenever and to whatever they want. I'm sure even if Trump gets 1238 they will try something.
>>
>>67854046
>>67854113
This is correct

They can change the rules if they want to unfortunately
>>
>>67854494
WHY? That's bs it's not how it works I can't believe this I'm sick tired of all these rules. Rules have to be the same for everybody it's hard to hit a moving target I'm so pissed off. I'm not about to abandon Trump. If this happens and someone else gets the nomination I don't know what I'll do.
>>
>>67854046
Pretty much. They could say only candidates with the initials RM or JB are eligible for nomination. The only variable that matters is the people's backlash.
>>
>>67854740
Riot with me anon
>>
>>67855082
What other choice do we have?
>>
>>67855139
You could accept that your meme candidate doesn't have a prayer.
>>
>>67853827
They could change the rule, but it will just make Republican voters angry. They can't win the election no matter who they pick. Using slick tactics to eject the Trump, could damage them in ways that impact future elections. Not sure if the Republicans in Trump's camp have the balls to spur off a new party, but this would be a near as they get.
>>
>>67854922
Jeb Bush and...
Ritt Momney? Rarco Mubio?
>>
>>67854366

No they won't. And no they can't change the rules whenever they want. You have no basis for that claim other than your opinion.

The Republicans know that stealing the nomination from Trump would forever destroy the party.
>>
>>67854113
>>67854366
Weird, I heard this mentioned last summer in the context of it screwing them because they thought maybe no one would meet the requirement, and they were saying that the rules could only be changed in regards to the 2020 convention. I guess they're pretending that's not true anymore?
>>
>>67855403

They changed the rules in 2008 so that Ron Paul wouldn't meet criteria and Romney would have a clear path.

Everyone forgets that the parties are not actual wings of the US government. The GOP can change the rules for their nomination process whenever they want.

If the candidate doesn't like it, they can run independent.
>>
>>67855613

Derp I meant 2012 instead of 2008
>>
>>67854046
>>67854113
>>67854366

This is true and the reason why the rule OP's pointing out doesn't really matter. However, what a lot of people are failing to understand is that Trump has been so clearly winning among regular voters that they can't just give the nomination to someone else without completely destroying their party.
>>
>>67855957
exactly.
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP!
Can you imagine what would happen if they did away with that rule just to screw over Trump? They'd be screwing over every person who voted for Trump and I don't see them doing that which is why I made this thread. Its over. Trump will be the nomination.
>>
File: mfw happening.png (54 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
mfw happening.png
54 KB, 200x183
>>67853827
Looks like it's really happening this year.
>>
The funny part is, they didn't have to actually make the rule to begin with. The risk was minimal at best. They were pretty much just being pricks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.