[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consider NYC the capital of the world? What is pol's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: New York City (5).jpg (620 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
New York City (5).jpg
620 KB, 2000x1000
Do you consider NYC the capital of the world? What is pol's opinion on NYC?
>>
I live here, I like it. I can see why people wouldn't like it.
>>
>>67852293
I live here. Nice place when the weather is nice, but during the winter I hate the weather. People can be friendly in Manhattan but I'm usually wary of people here in Queens because they always have an ulterior motive. When I'm done with college I'm heading to the South.
>>
would live there if they allowed concealed carry and funs in general in some capacity desu
>>
Trump HQ

We will soon be capital of the galaxy.
>>
No.

London is a more international city. That's where the world's oligarchs go to launder their stolen loot.
>>
>>67852769
Good point.
>>
>>67852293
it was nice to visit, but i couldnt stand living there.
>>
File: barbaricjpg.jpg (34 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
barbaricjpg.jpg
34 KB, 640x500
>>67852293
>Capital of the world
>Not Rome
>>
>>67853011
>Capital of the world
>Full of Italians
nope.
>>
>>67852293

Opinion: it will be attacked again in our lifetime
>>
File: 0x600.jpg (141 KB, 901x600) Image search: [Google]
0x600.jpg
141 KB, 901x600
>>67852293
Capital is where the most people are and where the trading takes place. Singapore or Shanghai would be the capitals of the world by this measure, all the largest ports in the world are in China and Indochina. but trump will change all that.
>>
>>67852293

Born here. Lived here my whole life. Forever laughing at the suburb dwelling plebs
>>
>>67852293

Soulless. The city has lost much of its character over last 25 years, replaced with a prefab package of globalism, with chain stores, banks and drug stores on every corner. Plus, the chinese are buying up shit tons of real estate in manhattan, driving up prices so much that even a moderately successful lawyer like me who makes 400k+/year is being priced out of his neighborhood (unless you want to spend an absurd amount of your income on rent for a decent amount of space).
>>
>>67853099

Saturday actually. Trump tower in the bullseye.

Should be intradesting
>>
>>67853701
>Plus, the chinese are buying up shit tons of real estate in manhattan, driving up prices so much that even a moderately successful lawyer like me who makes 400k+/year is being priced out of his neighborhood (unless you want to spend an absurd amount of your income on rent for a decent amount of space).
Sounds like Sydney
>>
File: 3730285643_fc087207c4_b.jpg (402 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3730285643_fc087207c4_b.jpg
402 KB, 1024x768
Economic capital maybe.

It's nice to go do touristy stuff like visit parks and visit the statue of liberty and stuff like that, maybe get a hotdog and take in the new york atmosphere in a touristy way, but otherwise dunno. for sure though, as much as we complain, NY DOES have one of the best public transportation systems in the country. the Subway WILL get you to about 95% of the city, the buses themselves are everywhere and have pretty good schedules, (compared to some other states where a bus MIGHT come once every hour and still might not stop where you want it to) and the Ferry between Manhattan and Staten Island is literally free, and nets you some god tier views of the city, the Island, and the Statue.

it IS prohibitively expensive to LIVE anywhere in NY of course though, (even in the suburban Staten Island, which has of course been invaded by Brooklyn over the past few decades since the bridge opened and gotten a bit crowded lately) and if you live in any of the outer boroughs you will likely be commuting to Manhattan to work.

its a nice place but it is definitely everything Jefferson hated about cities.
>>
>>67852860
>London

You mean little islamabad.
>>
>>67854322
you mean londonistan, in the greater UC
>>
>>67853123
>Singapore or Shanghai
You're retarded. If we're going by highest level of trade its either NYC, London, or Hong Kong
>>
>>67853946

I live in a traditionally white upper middle class neighborhood in Manhattan, and last year I realized a lot of the old white people were gone. We'd gone yellow. The same thing I know some Sydney friends have said even if I find your city delightfully western compared to what NYC has become...
>>
>>67852554
Prattville will always welcome you with open arms. Our community is ridiculously nice. Almost no crime rate either.
>>
Full of niggers, leftists, kikes, degenerates. Very dirty.
>>
>>67852293
I've been there and it's verybusy. I wouldn't live there though.
>>
File: KIYARir.jpg (686 KB, 2247x1380) Image search: [Google]
KIYARir.jpg
686 KB, 2247x1380
>>67852293
NYC is literally every stereotype you think it is. there's $ to be had there on a global business perspective, but that's its only worth and only the small island of Manhattan even matters, and even then only specific parts of it ie times square and such.

China deserves the title of capital of the world in many cities. if you understand how important and effective trade is via boats you'd agree. they honestly make the world continue to go round and suffer for it by being the most polluted and crowded place on the planet. China was always the most globally successful group of humans since ancient times.
>>
>>67855201
t. Wang Xiahou
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.