[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me why global warming is a lie. Rules: >1. No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 297755main_GPN-2001-000009_full.jpg (336 KB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
297755main_GPN-2001-000009_full.jpg
336 KB, 3000x2400
Explain to me why global warming is a lie.

Rules:
>1. No long-ass youtube videos.
>2. No saying "the climate has always been changing."
>3. No saying "it's not 'global warming' it's climate change." I'm just using the term because it's synonymous with this current climate change.

I want to know why global warming isn't real, or isn't as dangerous as scientist say it is, or isn't caused by man.
>>
Look at the almanacs 100 years ago geez. The temperatures are almost the same
>>
Because you can't put more carbon into the earth, you are just putting it in different places, burning liquid dinosaur isn't adding more or less chemicals to the earth.

The earth has seasons, like ice ages and warm ages.

It's like the bible talking about noah's flood, where did the water go?

So I guess it could be true, but more or less it's just changing the seasons and not actually "warming" the earth.

Do you blame the dinosaurs for the ice ages?
>>
>>67849862
Why are scientists saying the opposite of what you are saying?

What would they have to gain by lying about global warming?
>>
Deniers remind me of a Christian guy I knew in high school. Smart guy, we did physics and maths together. He believed everything the physics books told him about gravity, magnetic flux and relativity but when it came to evolution

>lel it makes no sense
>How could you believe something so stupid
>There's no proof

He's a smart nice guy and is probably going to be very successful, and yet on that topic he speaks like a total moron. There is an overwhelmingly large scientific consensus on global warming. If you do doubt it, there's a lot of more important stuff you need to doubt too.
>>
Climategate
>>
>>67850115
How did Pharaohs dictate when eclipses would happen?

Anyone who withholds information from you,secretly in his own mind, thinks him self your master.

also, you don't want to be the "Global warming is a fraud " scientist.
>>
>>67850115
>Why are scientists saying the opposite of what you are saying?

They aren't. There are long carbon cycles and short carbon cycles. Look it up.
He is saying that burning fossile fuels are not creating carbon, which they are not. That is a fact. You are literally pulling carbon from the earth and putting it into the air. This is a scientific fact that nobody disputes. There were times when. The earth had a ton more carbon in the air than now. Most of that carbon is currently burried in a long cycle, under the ocean or earth.
Where the discussion kicks off is "does airborn carbon have the impact that the global warming croud says or not?".
>>
>>67849390
>No saying "the climate has always been changing."
What are you, retarded?
gtfo
>>
>The earth is going to burn to death!
>Quick! Everyone give all your money to the government!
When ever the solution to a dilemma is presented as giving all your money to the state, it's a scam.
>>
>>67850115
>What would they have to gain by lying about global warming?

Employment. Do you think typewriter repairmen usshered in the future without typewriters? Do you think a "climate scientist" is going to go to school get into the field and then declare that their job isn't worth a shit? If a particle physisist proves tacheons don't exist it isn't like they have to go get a job at Walmart. They are still a particle physisist and can move to the next problem. If a Climate Scientist debunked global warming they are out of a job. There is incentive to keep pushing global warming as a world problem if it exists or not.
>>
>>67850115
Because they understand Science better than some dumb faggot on 4chan.
>>
>>67851920

thats what i was thinking

>no historical context

seriously remove yourself from humanity.
>>
>>67849862
This entire comment is seriously hilarious nonsense. Bro, are you 11 years old? Cause if you are, then that is totally fine and you have plenty of time to figure things out. Unless your an adult with a job....
>>
>>67849390

Easy: it IS real, it's just not man made
>>
>>67849862
>it's like the bible talking about noah's flood

Check'd flag right then
>>
>>67849390
burden of proof is on your faggotry asshole

no one has difficulty convincing people that relativity is true.
>>
>>67849390

I'll make it simple for you and put it in very small words that even you can understand:

Scientists
Manipulated
Climate
Data
To
Sell
Carbon
Credits.

The whole thing is a scam to make a GLOBAL tax on human beings for being born.
>>
When I think of "climate change" I don't necessarily think of greenhouse gasses and global warming as the main issue.

I would rather we put a stop to the pollution of trash and chemicals in our landfills and waterways than worry as much about greenhouse gasses which obviously we are so dependent on that it won't be changed until technology catches up.

But is it really so hard to just recycle?
>>
>>67852802
What he said is actually true. There are long carbon cycles in the earth. There used to be a lot more carbon in the air. Over time it ended up consumed by plankton and was burried and became oil. Extracting that oil and burming it puts that carbon back into the air. It doesn't create carbon that didn't exist it just makes previously burried carbon airborn. What he is describing as seasons is the long carbon cycle playing out, along with other events that can cause ice ages, such as failing to melt over a summer and causing the sun to reflect and deepening the cooling effect into a vicious cycle that causes an ice age.
>>
File: hockey_stick_graph.jpg (28 KB, 360x249) Image search: [Google]
hockey_stick_graph.jpg
28 KB, 360x249
>>67853236
a prime example: the hockey stick

"Graph 1: The “Hockey Stick” Graph Used by the UN Climate Panel: Note the exaggerated warming at in recent decades, which has been called into question by Climategate. Mann refused to release either his data or his algorithm for years, but the Climategate e-mails reveal an even more disturbing instance of cherry-picking data."

https://www.pop.org/content/global-warming-science-nope-global-warming-scam
>>
File: TRUMP THE WORLD.jpg (959 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP THE WORLD.jpg
959 KB, 2400x2400
>>67849390

no.
>>
>>67849390
Here's a whole list of arguments containing links to a whole bunch of fact corrections.
>>
>>67854013
http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
forgot to ctrl+v
>>
i think schizophrenics naturally find something to latch on to and make into their delusional conspiracy niche. then they use the internet for their outlet and post/write about their obsession incessantly. like chemtrails and shit like that. global warming and some sort of plot by scientists at large to scam people by authoring data regarding global warming simply seems to be a common target of schizos.
>>
>>67849390
Because other theories are disregarded.
For example trans-passical shift or something like that. I'd look it up, but you didn't want long-ass w/e.
>>
>john_oliver_explain_to_me.jpg
>>
>>67854225
>what are the climategate e-mails
>I'm too busy eating shit and pretending it's ice cream because the media told me to to bother researching, so they all must be crazy 'conspiracy theorists'.
>>
Its not a conspiracy or a plot, its just the natural outcome of memesters running a pretend field of "climatology" and calling it science.

These are degenerate flunkies that couldn't make it as a real scientist so they unironically try to interpret vast amounts of data into a coherent hypothesis that supports their worldview which is roughly "big business is bad and human beings are a plague upon the perferct mother earth." Not that many of them have actually articulated this view, but its a basic set of beliefs that all of their work reflects.

Its not a conspiracy, though some will take advantage, usually through government, to make money off of these circumstances.

Its just a bunch of losers who suck at life memeing.
>>
>>67849390
I'm not denying Global Warming, I'm simply not giving a shit about it. What the fuck does the government expect the common guy to do about it? Shit, I have to work, pay bills, and taxes, and some rich hollywood snob and politician is telling me I need to save the world too? Fuck off with your bullshit.
>>
File: 1455764069514.jpg (47 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
1455764069514.jpg
47 KB, 500x459
It's not.
The bullshit part is that we're not allowed to discuss it, people are obviously making money off of it, the projections have repeatedly been false, and the effects it has are extremely overstated.

But I can't state this without being called a low IQ retard or something despite having a master's degree in a science field.
It's obvious that there's a group of people profiting off of global warming that don't want any form of debate over it.

Want to fix global warming? Stop burning coal & oil, switch to 100% nuclear. Anything else is just profiteering and smug fart sniffing.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.